The State Of The DCEU

The DC Cinematic Universe is looking to become an even worse franchise than the Transformers series. What happened with Warner Brothers?

How is it possible that the studio that made back to back GOAT Harry Potter films as well The Dark Knight trilogy, are now making this utter trash?

Suicide Squad was legitimately the worst experience I'd ever had in a movie theater, I mean it was that bad. A 26% RT score is very generous desu.

and we all know how shit Batman v Superman was..

So will WB stop putting effort into their films since the DCfags will eat up their shit and claim it's steak anyway? Do we have to get used to them releasing a shitty cut of a film in theaters and then an extended version a couple of months later for extra shekels? What a depressing world to live in.

WB/DC needs to really get their shit together.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/movie/suicide-squad
rollingstone.com/movies/...-review-w432204
cinemablend.com/reviews/...9/suicide-squad
hollywoodreporter.com/re...m-review-915825
screencrush.com/suicide-squad-review/
ign.com/articles/2016/08...de-squad-review
youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Suicide Squad was legitimately the worst experience I'd ever had in a movie theater

You need to watch more movies.

Here's the thing.

DC sucks.

And so does Marvel.

In fact nearly everything ever made connected to superheroes has been terrible.

Off the top of my head the only thing worth anything is The Dark Knight due to Ledger's performance - which isn't that good - and the cinematography - which itself is just a rip-off of Michael Mann. And it's still a terrible movie.

So I hope we can be done with these and start making more westerns, sci-fi, and noir.

Even television is doing more interesting things than Hollywood these days.

>GOAT Harry Potter

>1 million hours in MS PAINT

>Off the top of my head the only thing worth anything is The Dark Knight due to Ledger's performance - which isn't that good - and the cinematography - which itself is just a rip-off of Michael Mann. And it's still a terrible movie.

Consider suicide.

We'd be lucky to get another capeshit film even 1/4th as good as The Dark Knight.

I'll be buying suicide on dvd mostly because it reminds me of campy action movie schlock you put on while spring cleaning.

Theres Good-Bad movies(Campy low budget garbage thats so bad its funny)

And then theres Bad-Good movies(Triple A shit that had money thrown at it only for it to flop in the public eye)

This has the production value of the latter but the aura of the former, ride the lightning, turn your brain off next time.

Its quite similar to batman forever, its total garbage, but I also go back to that just to be amazed by how shit things were.

(you)

> (OP)
>>>Suicide Squad was legitimately the worst experience I'd ever had in a movie theater
>You need to watch more BAD movies.

are you fucking retarded

Most valid reason for liking a DC movie I've heard.

There was a political storm around that GB movie, all opinions of it should be trashed. Sony manipulated critics.

I don't know why you think this invalidates critics all together? It doesn't.

They fucked with superman and batman's characters too much, marvel has heroes that to the average jackoff are unknown so they have wiggle room, batman and superman have been established in the mainstream for decades so if you fuck up you get called out.

Holy shit you got me! I've been exposed!!

>Suicide Squad was legitimately the worst experience I'd ever had in a movie theater

It was the first movie you've seen in a theater, right?

hello Warner shill

I wonder what you cuckbois will think of blacked panther

This is objectively correct. I enjoyed it a lot because I was smart and got drunk first. Easy plot, retarded jokes and tons of hot chicks, perfect for seeing it wasted

>Articles come out about how Suicide Squad is making bank and breaking August BO records
>Influx of articles about how the DCEU is doomed and DC is tailspinning

Top fucking kek

>My only criticism is that the main character doesn't impregnate as many white women as I would like. I mean, it's 2016 after all. That's why, I can only give it 7 stars out of 5

A couple of dozen reviews like this -> RT fresh as fuck -> Sup Forums calling it cuckino

I don't plan on seeing it. I don't find him a compelling character. I think it might be marvels first bomb.

>Sup Forums: the image

How are you not terrified that a shitty film is making money at the box office? How do you not feel doomed? Dumbass. Enjoy your awful subpar films for the next sixty years.

Nigger we already had TFA that made 2 gorillions and was praised out of its ass and was pure and genuine shit. DC are the good guys bro

>Image before story
What did they mean by this?

>my only film source is Hollywood.

I can understand your terror if you're a fucking pleb.

TFA was good tho

My source is when I paid money to see the piece of shit in theaters.

cry more.

>RT

Every time

>it's bad because rotten tomatoes bias shill sjw critics told me so and validated my opinion

lotta buzzwords you got there, Sup Forums

Suicide squad was terrible, but DC's the underdogs right now so the fans want them to do better.

user it was a good popcorn flick and captured the essence of movie-going, sure.

But the actual movie wasn't spectacular

naw, it's just plain bad

>muh buzzwords
glorious counter argument there

The Harry Potter films were all terrible except the first 1. Suicide Squad was ok. Much better than Avengers.

Here is your reply.

>Marvelshits use rottentomatoes and box office to determine whether a film is good
laughing. Literally Mike Love: the fan base

>The fact that people are saying this - "DC is the underdog" - is a true testament to how thoroughly the DCEU has shit the bed with the lights on.

The individual properties involved in each cinematic universe would make any gambler with no knowledge of the films, but all the data of character popularity in comics and movies for the past fifty years, bet all of their money on DC.

On one side you have three of the four most iconic superheroes ever, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, not including Marvel's Spider-Man. Additionally, you have the rest of the Justice League, which as a group has comparable brand name recognition to Wonder Woman.

You also have both of the most well known and probably the objectively best villains in comics, Lex Luthor and the Joker.

You ALSO have any and all of the supporting characters for those heroes and/or villains, including Alfred, Robin, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Harley Quinn, the list goes on and on.

YOU ALSO have a closely analogous universe to our own with two made-up cities - Gotham and Metropolis - that are literally, not figuratively, more household names than real cities in America like Des Moines or Baton Rouge.

And then...on the other side...you have the Avengers, the figurative cold-storage locker for third string Marvel properties that weren't able to make it into their better franchises. The MCEU is and has been the low-recognition properties given to Feige because the X-men, Fantastic 4, and Spider-Man (at the time) had better things to do with their time.

So you had an unstoppable juggernaut of brand loyalty and awareness against a rookie lineup with both hands and a foot tied behind its back, and no matter how Marvel did, no matter how many supposed shillforce alpha teams went undercover on RT, it was DC's fight to lose.

Shitty blockbusters have been around since blockbusters were invented.

That, however, is irrelevant.
Back to my original point, the DCEU is doing just fine.

>MCU
>Bomb
Not in your lifetime famalam

>Suicide Squad was legitimately the worst experience I'd ever had in a movie theater, I mean it was that bad.
Pfft, if that was the worst you've seen I have to question how old you are.

If Will Smith was replaced with ANY other actor, I might have loved this. Why the hell did it matter we know his daughter is an honor roll student? I couldn't even enjoy Joker because the batshit retarded editing effects they threw into most of his scenes.

At least the Cgi looked a whole lot better than I expected, and Enchantress, Boomerang, Harley, and Katana were cool.

That's part of Deadshot's thing though.

Daily Reminder: for the Rotten Tomatoes Boogeyman idiots.
Almost every other review site thinks Suicide Squad that was shit.

metacritic.com/movie/suicide-squad

rollingstone.com/movies/...-review-w432204

cinemablend.com/reviews/...9/suicide-squad

hollywoodreporter.com/re...m-review-915825

screencrush.com/suicide-squad-review/

ign.com/articles/2016/08...de-squad-review

mfw Wonder woman will have to get good reviews or the critics will be destroyed by feminists. MCucks won't be able to use RT for their argument. Brilliant.

I'm hoping he BLACKS black widow.
They already have black in their names, it only makes sense

But the DCU already had 3 strikes.
They are already dead in the water. Kek at still having hope for this ship that has already sunk.

>dead in the water
> Suicide Squad Worldwide: $294,387,183 so far

So you're saying the DC Universe is Transformers here now. Got it.
Shit movies that make money

You think WB cares whether their movies are shit? They shat on BVS and SS and they're still making money.

BvS and SS are great films
Man of Steel is a perfect film

The great Warner problem, is to give a lot of freedom for the directors and writers
It was so easy just to choose good directors and actors

>How is it possible that the studio that made back to back GOAT Harry Potter films

Into the fucking trash you go

nonymous 08/11/16(Thu)14:57:53 No.73079953▶

> DCukcs saying dc movies are more mature than Marvel Kids movies

>goo monsters to PG13 audiences violent scenes

> Joker/Harley twilight romance

> Childish Harley chewing scenery and "im crazy" and forced jokes over and over and over

> the half of the Suicide Squad members are good guys and the other half quickly become "friendly" .. far from the comics or good suicide squad movies

> this is marvel with less brightness and more preteen edgy feel of maturity

bump

what is hulk
what is iron man 3

I think you had your head up your ass when you watched civil war.
Everyone liked black panther.
Speaking as someone who didn't give two shits about him before hand, i would watch the shit out of a black panther movie. Badass motherfucker that he is

I'm a BvS, MoS apologist, but Suicide Squad was really bad. It's clear it was botched by the studio and producers but the story and characters were really shit to begin with.

I kind of agree with you but some things ruin it for me, like Jared Leto not having enough self awareness to make a good campy Joker like Nicholson did, who managed to be scary yet fitted perfectly with the dark world of the movie. Also clearly they weren't going for the campy fun from the beginning and it shows, if they had decided on making a dumb movie from the beginning it certainly would have been much better.

Despite the retarded meddling by the producers and the poor decisions on the part of the director and writers, SS was still much better than BvS and especially MoS.

I'm sure you loved civil war too.

I don't have anything to contribute to the discussion, but I saw your pic and wanted to say that Sigourney was CUTE!

I feel like everything at this point is riding on how good Wonder Woman and Justice League are. I don't have much hope for Justice League, but we'll see how Wonder Woman is.

I think they should just start from scratch.

You can also compare the start of the DCEU o the start of the MCU. The MCU started with Iron Man, which was incredibly well received by critics and audiences alike. If it didn't do well, Marvel would have held off on their movie universe. The DC movies started with Man of Steel, a movie with mixed reviews that was not overall well received. DC for some reason chose to push that movie as their launching point, continuing the now constant mixed to poor reviews.

DC should start over and wait until they have a critical success and start from there.

Both Marvel and DC suck. Fags from both sides are just a bunch of blue balled edge lords trying to get attention on these forums by shit posting about shit tier cape movies.

This. The age of good capeshit is over.

They can't just start over now. They're in too deep. They need to ride it out. It's financially successful so they can keep riding it until it's no longer financially successful.

Fuck no, those movies actually had stories amd characters. Suicided Squad is just a music video.

Now I'm excited for Flash, damn! Iwant to dance like him
youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0

Just this watched this train wreck this afternoon, man it sucked.

James Wan is our last hope.

stop making fun of lex
he was gud

After the shitshow that was Ant-Man's pre-production still ending with Marvel making a decent movie with a decent box office, at this point they'll only flop when literally everyone gets tired of capeshit.

what bothers me is the editing of these movies.

the directors etc come up with shit scenes, but what bothered me watching BvS and SS is how bad the editing is, the way scenes just randomly jump to the next. everything's so out of place.

it's a shame that Justice League will be the same.

He was one of the best parts of Civil War. I'm hyped for the solo movie because it's a breath of fresh air the location it'll hopefully be primarily in.

The whole sciencey futuristic HQ set in a massive jungle is awesome. I'm sick of skyscrapers and city blocks. Hopefully Serkis is back too.

>SUICIDE SQUAD HAS BROKEN THE RECORD OF MAKING 5 DOLLARS IN 10 MINUTES ON A TUESDAY MORNING OF THEN FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST!!!!!

yeah such great tiers..

senpai..

WB is out-grossing the MCU in a film-by-film comparison, and it's doing so in spite of cape fatigue and a considerable amount of negative (not to mention biased and hypocritical) spin.

Fucking deal with it.

you didn't type that with a straight face

>I can't handle deviation from the source material!!!!! The post

Literally the mist pedestrian criticism of film. If you want cookie cutter boring Superman, watch Returns, he's even got a wife's son in that one.

Yeah, I did, faggot. Fight me.

Nice catch, user. I even thought "Returns" was an OK movie, just nothing special. Spacey was a damn good Lex in it, at least.

Man of Steel is a perfect film

This opinion is objectively correct.

DC needs to just acknowledge the bad reviews and say "at the end of the day its a movie, and if you were able to have fun at the movies thats great".

Marvel have made better films. They have a great cohesive quality, very dependable almost.

But DC are aiming really high. The movies have explored really complex themes. Suicide Squad was terrible, but you could tell there was something serious under it that got lost in editing or reshoots.

I prefer to watch a movie aim high and fail than to see one aim for the middle of the road and miss.

Blame it on Nolan's trilogy and the DC execs either not having a say in it, or not taking the film franchise seriously until it was too late.

Nolan made everything realistic and dark, and while it worked for the first two films, the third was really bad. And then they hired Snyder of all fucking people to helm a Superman film, and then the entire DC franchise with that same realistic and dark tone. And now they're desperately trying to play catch up with stupid casting decisions, costume choices, and trying to desperately figure out how to make it work without losing time.

Meanwhile Marvel has had plenty of time, took risks and succeeded. It hasn't had entirely better films either, IM1 and 2, along with all the Thor movies, are super hot garbage. But they did the smart thing and when the Russo brothers showed up and showed that they were competent and faithful, kicked Whedon's cuck ass out and put them in charge.

Meanwhile, Snyder is back for a third fucking DC film and now will be even worse because he'll have the incompetent Warner execs breathing down his neck when its way too late.

Even dubs god recognizes this as truth. 7 is the number of God.

the editing really bothered me. they cut the scenes weirdly and the pacing was making me exhausted. it just jumped from one scene to another without really explaining anything.

I read that the script was written in like 6 weeks? It definitely shows
Everything was a rushed mess

>Off the top of my head the only thing worth anything is The Dark Knight due to Ledger's performance - which isn't that good - and the cinematography - which itself is just a rip-off of Michael Mann.
You just went full fedora didn't you?

>start making more westerns
There's already thousands of them

>those made-up non-records

I was really hoping we'd get some more of that with Ghostbusters but they didn't even make enough money to win at categories they could make up themselves.

Thankfully the DCEU had another shot this year.

MoS and BvS were great

This is the most pretentious thing I've ever read. Are DC fans really this delusional? The only thing Suicide Squad “aimed" to be was a grimdark version of GotG. Didn't you realize that when you were bombarded by the 50th billboard hot 100 pop song during the movie?

wasn't it somewhat the same with BvS ?

>breath of fresh air
>capeshit, nevertheless a marvel movie

I realized that just like when I saw GotG, I had a great time watching the Squad. If anything, it's even more surreal and it doesn't even have a giant space god head or a talking duck.

The absence of the compulsory dance-off was inexcusable, though. Hell, Enchantress even did her part.

This makes me depressed.