Is "buttrock" just another word for "post-grunge"?

Is "buttrock" just another word for "post-grunge"?

does that make early Radiohead buttrock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxuThNgl3YA&index=4&list=PLC787958DD0D029F7
youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8&list=PLxJQgkWaXrvSvpH6wPGqVXig2TO-GzNyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all rock is buttrock

Sauce?

is that garnet?

butt rock is just any generic dad-core band

if you're pretentious enough, radiohead can be butt rock.

Buttrock was originally used during the grunge era to describe hair metal but it's been appropriated now to mean post-grunge

I wouldn't say early Radiohead is buttrock though. I think of bands that came later like Godsmack and Creed.
Really anything with generic hard rock riffs and a bad Eddie Vedder/Layne Staley impersonator as a front man

>not recognizing Deunan's butt.

how old are you? 15?

Seriously, explain yourselves.

Butt-rock is James Hetfield vocals over mediocre Nirvana riffs. So basically Nickelback.

I also consider Bruce Springsteen an archetypal figure to Butt-Rock. Much like what Neil Young was to grunge.

*also note that 99% of Butt-rock is american.

Just listen to Born To Run By Springsteen:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxuThNgl3YA&index=4&list=PLC787958DD0D029F7

This man was way ahead of the curve. Making Butt-Rock before it was even a thing.

Not really an anime fan.

>basically Nickelback
post-grunge then

is 5FDP industrial buttrock?

Buttrock is what you call all rock you dislike. You do it to be obnoxious. People who use this expression are the ones who say they "like everything " when asked what music they're into. They like everything buttrock.

>Presumably much older than 15
>Takes pride in watching anime
I'm not sure who should be concerned here.

I use buttrock exclusively to refer to bands like crush 40, and radio rock to refer to 3 Doors down, Shinedown and Finger Eleven

I like both of these genres

you, cause you've never read Appleseed, and automatically think "anime" when you see a manga picture.

Not really. There's a lot of stupid 80's rock that I dislike, but I don't call it buttrock.

When I think of buttrock, I think of generic electric guitars, heavy drumming, grunge vocals with hip-hop and/or bro country influences and cheesy lyrics about sex and partying.

Buttrock is shitty bro / white trash hard rock with kind of countryish or even nu-metal influences. Buttrock is Creed, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, etc.

Post-grunge is pop rock with the "fun" elements that grunge removed re-added. Post-grunge is Foo Fighters, Third Eye Blind, Matchbox 20, etc.

:BBBbbbrrraaaAAAAAPPPPRrrr:

Judging by that picture, I'm not going to read it. I don't think I'm missing out on anything other than a fantasy of a perpetual manchild.

If I'm wrong, tell me what I'm really missing out on.

lol @ this fuckin loser

And yet no one attempts to explain what I'm missing out on.

>
>Seriously, explain yourselves.

>Neon Genesis Evangelion, Twin Peaks, Death Grips the list goes on...

From what I found on google it's some old manga series that got an anime back in the 2000's. The premise sounds like shit which makes sense as to why OP used it as an image for his thread about buttrock.

Whats wrong with buttrock? I love buttrock, even the name is cool.

Buttrock is most often used for one of two things:
1. Hair metal (Europe, Bon Jovi, Twister Sister, etc.)
2. Post grunge (Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Hinder, etc.)
In general, it just refers to super dominantly mainstream rock with a very cookie-cutter sound and often with grating vocalists.

There's another anime that was made even way before which is probably what OP trying to seem educated about.

Yes, but the specific brand of mid tempo, "emotional", kind. Like Foo Fighters and Live aren't butt rock, but Nickelback, Creed, the Calling, Daughtry (maybe), and pre 2010 Seether.

>Really anything with generic hard rock riffs and a bad Eddie Vedder/Layne Staley impersonator as a front man

this

Back to Sup Forums with you

I was about to call you out on "pre 2010" but then I sorta thought about it and they really did get a lot more tolerable after 2010. What happened?

Paralyzer is a guilty pleasure of mine

Paralyzer just takes me back. I really like quicksand too

Sup Forums can't into manga

i don't know if they became tolerable or not, but he went from unoriginal buttrock to just ripping off better artists's songs. also they're southern rock now for some reason.

Kek Radiohead came out before Kurt died.
Post-Grunge is the wave of bands that came out after Kurt Cobain died and killed grunge(and himself lol)
>ITS BEEN AWHILEEEE band
>nickelback
>the guy who sings smooth with santana (his band)
>Creed
>le dave grohl band
>setther
>bush
>candlebox
>SHE FACKIN HATES MEH band
>WHERE YOU WILL GO
> youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8&list=PLxJQgkWaXrvSvpH6wPGqVXig2TO-GzNyA

Heres a playlist for all you idiots.

Isnt Live Grunge mixed with Progressive Rock?

You're not on 9gag, you can post like a normal human being

>Post- Grunge guy who wears chains on his belt.

That playlist name made me kek.