Discus

Discus

an infinite str8 line

Bump

OP is a faggot. Go kill yourself.

are you fucking stupid. do you understand dimensions at all? you fucking ingrate

Nice, I'll let ya know when I finish wrapping my head around visualizing that.

Straight line because there is 0 curve. 0/10 try harder pleb

Wouldnt it fall to the bottom?

id rather discuss how fucking retarded you are than talk about the shit stain you uploaded.

Depends on tension.

Depend on how the portal was made

It really doesn't.

also u wanna consider that portals are impossible. gj applying logic where there is none

please explain your thinking as to how that would be.

I don't think it does. It was stay tight and rigid, but there is nothing stopping gravity from pulling it down.

portals are possible, they just haven't been proven with tests

This was my first thought, but the more I think about it, the more I doubt everything.

>What is a wormhole

>discus

why on earth would that make a circle?

I thought about this for 10 seconds and my fucking mind started to hurts

Gonna burn your house down with a combustible lemon.

u wanna get a wormholes entrance and exit in the same fuckin room be my guest. godmode: what happens if you move the portals apart?

fuck this kindergarten brain game shit. jaden smith is deeper than this

if the portal was just made from negative mass folding space it would be a straight line, if it was made from spinning mass it would be a circle or similar shape

OP here. This is why it could be a circle. And when it says circle, it doesn't mean a perfect circle, just a loop. A loop is defined by a single line eventually connecting back to itself. That's how.

Circle. Cause the prevailing theory is that a worm hole/portal is merely space bend in on itself. the 2 portals are a straight line yes. But what about outside of it ? Where the rest of the rope is.

You don't have a lot of brain power to work with then I suppose.

ITT: fuckin monkeys trying to explain and comprehend abstract dimensionality in english

Portals can't move dumbass.

Portals can move, they moved in the laser cutting the tubes level in Portal 2. The nerve gas part.

>"when it says circle it doesnt mean circle"

fuck off

damn right cos they dont exist you dumb ape

It's a superposition of all of the above, plus none of the above.

Let's assume the portals are physical links to direct placements in space. That would mean the rope is straight, because if you untie it and held it between the same points, it is still straight.

If you consider that the portals are methods of thinking, the rope is both round and straight, because it is impossible to finitely measure a direct correlation between the thought experiment and the physical matter.

If the portals are both physical manifestations of points in space and logical implementations of that same manifestation. This would mean that the rope is neither round nor straight, because the rope simply begins and ends where it begins and ends, simple as that. For this reason, the rope defines only the shape the thought experiment can supply it.

Now let's stop thinking abstractly.

If the portals are indeed extensions of space and time, then the rope is all of the above. It is both curved and round because otherwise cannot be directly proven. It is neither curved nor round because it cannot be otherwise proven. It is straight because the space defines it as such, but this cannot be measured on an accessible scale. It is curved because time defines it as such, but this also cannot be measured without an unfathomable scale.

In essence, this is a modernized, science-fiction version of a Schrödinger's Cat. The difference is, the box is open, but we still can't easily define the state of the cat.

Based on what and why? your explanation so far has basically been "because". If you don't know what you're talking about its okay but don't pretend to.

nothing

it's not supported by anything

finally someone who understands abstract dimensionality. /thread

an effect cannot occur from a cause which is not in the back light cone of that event, a cause cannot have an effect outside its front light cone.

how did the knot get tied?

Nigga you trying too hard.

fake news

>This is why

>I said so

This

It simply ends where it begins because its a rope

but why would it be a circle? maybe it's a pentagon, a side for each dimension.

then clarify first you wanker. your failure to be concise from the outset means i shouldnt take anything else you say seriously.

A circle is a straight line in curved space.

Now go wipe your brain off from the thoughtgasm I just gave you.

Captcha: Gas Station

Different user.

Would the knot fall since its the heaviest part of the rope?
Is it now falling, rotating, and neither?

The knot would fall, but it would hit the edge and unravel eventually.

It is a straight line in 3 dimensional space and a circle in 4 dimensional space (or would it be 5th, since it would represent it's points would be xyzab 1 and 2?)

Assuming we wove the rope to an evenly placed weight would it fall infinitely assuming no air currents or such cause deviations in its path?

the entire rope would fall, like anything that falls through portals arranged like this, it would accelerate until terminal velocity

yes, because gravity will still act on the rope, pulling it downwards in a self-accelerating cycle.The question I have, is would it continue accelerating to the terminal velocity and thereafter maintain a continuous speed or would the added momentum cause it to accelerate past that?

>A loop is defined by a single line eventually connecting back to itself.
which means it cannot be straight, therefore canceling one of the options, which makes op's conundrum a conundrum. so well done for posting nothing

That seems like a perfectly good reason to end the conversation after you said a bunch of science words as if you knew what they meant.

I worded it improperly.
Should have said "in a vacuum" instead of "no air current".
I'm too tired for this.

that kind of brings to question what gravity means in the context of portals
we already know how air reacts thanks to the portal 2 ending, but not necessarily how gravity works local to a portal

what is terminal velocity for a rope exactly?

Well if we assume that gravity carries through a portal that brings us to the implication of Gravitons.

Judging by the games representation it works normally and as expected up to the horizon, which is dull but infinitely fine somehow.

So if you pour liquid down a wall with a portal on the floor and a portal on the wall further away it'll roll down the wall as normal but the second its on the other side it will just pool on the floor and the liquid itself will make that "bend" based on the physics you'd expect the liquid to follow.

It is neither a circle nor a straight line.

It is a jpg image.

>this is not a post

that's not how portals work dipshit, where is the rope anchored to?

you've made singularity