I'm a cop...AMA

I'm a cop...AMA

Timestamp with badge for proof

Funniest/ scariest calls and what happened?

What are your thoughts on Keanu Reeves and his immortality?

Most fukd up case you have been on?

Are you a cop? Legally you have to tell me.

Am I being detained?

Funniest and scariest call what happened?

What compelled you to sign up for a job that puts you in the position to deal with the lowest of humanity?

Also do you think most people hate you?

What's your badge number, faggot?

What sort of things do you work on?

How long you been fucking pigs? I mean a police officer?

best

What's your favorite part of the job?
Least favorite?
Do squad cars have GPS for calls?

do you get turned on when you cuff a hottie? i would.

ru the junky aussy cop that was on here earlier?

Why dont you kill yourself for not supporting #BlackLivesMatter since your a racist nazi?

favorite funny story from the job?

wont do badge because it has my city name/badge number on it

Some cops, more than should be allowed, get too emotional when dealing with small time perps...petty vengeance has no room in the application of law, just because they gave you a bit of shit, don't add some extra bullshit charges in there. See this on COPS fairly frequently. You're supposed to be better than that.

funniest-a live turkey in a trailer two days before thanksgiving.
scariest-responding to a family member that had been nearly killed in a car accident

yes, yes you are

I honestly wanted to do it ever since I was a kid. I'll spare you the "i wanted to help people" speech and thought it would be fun

anything and everything. I work in a big college town so I deal with facebook harassments all the way up to murder's and sex assaults.

7 years and still aging my bacon

least favorite-domestics, I hate how kids get exposed to violence and have to live in that enviroment
favorite-getting to meet different people from the city/county and talking to them
all of our squads have gps

nope. USA USA

I know what you mean, Cops dickhead attitude makes sense because it helps establish dominance but some of them take things very personally and get off on the power. I worked as an EMT for a few years and saw how a lot of cops had very similar attitudes and presentations to criminals. In a way it makes sense, just contain the assholes and have them fight it out amongst themselves.

I think, like any profession, there are good ones and bad ones. I go into work every day trying to be respectful and courteous to everyone until the time comes to stop being courteous. Not every police officer has this approach but I have found it to be beneficial in calming people down and getting a resolution that doesn't always involve using force.

ahhthere was a cop from melbourne aust on here before,telling where u could score drugs

like I said, theres bad cops out there....drugs are bad

1.) When you get a cybercrime / identity theft report... not like harassing/stalking/someone watched someone else type their password in, but like full blown, mortgages taken out in their name, online banking logins compromised....

a.) does your city have a cyber investigative unit?

b.) what do you do if the cybercriminal is outside your jurisdiction?

c.) what do you do if they're in another country?

d.) when someone pays for your food at a restaurant, do you ever assume they're doing it to feign support for cops as a cover for the fact that they're actually deeply involved in organized crime

e.) why do courts still use lie detectors when they aren't accurate and can be fooled without any noticeable movement or other no-no's by clenching your sphincter?

f.) how many perps have you arrested that had one or more pairs of handcuff keys concealed in their clothing, ie in drawstring area of pants or inside shoe?

g.) do you ever feel bad that your work sometimes contributes to a system which traps those most at risk into a lifestyle of crime while simultaneously not being high-level enough to catch the real serious bad guys who are doing the real big crimes?

drugs are only bad because they are illegall..come on you must get sick of wasting time booking kids because they wanna get high

A-no but our detectives section is trained in such crimes
B-jurisdictions usually work together to solve those with the help of state police (depending on state)
C-not really sure about other countries (outside of my realm of work)
D-I almost always refuse someone paying for my food because I don't want to get a bad rap for "taking bribes". I wont lie people have paid for my food before but I try not to let people.
E-we don't use lie detectors in my city. we do use voice stress analysis machines and forensic interviewing though.
F-haven't run into a lot of handcuff keys hidden on people shockingly. We do have one guy in town that always keeps on in his sock though.
G-There's always people that you personally can't arrest for big crimes. I will say I have seen the so called "cycle of poverty" up close and personal and it is tough. While on the one hand people are committing crimes, on the other hand they may be stealing food to feed their 3 kids...it's not any easy jobs

What in the fuck does a timestamped piece of paper prove?
Block out the name and badge number or this is fake and gay and you should fuck off

have you ever bashed anyone?
wats worse in your area?niggas or rednecks?
or beaners?

see to prove you're a cop, but otherwise, fair answers, you seem to be a very level-headed person who understands the ramifications of your actions as someone honor-bound to uphold the law as much as they are to protect their community.

There are no names on badges, Nantes are in name plate like military, dept,and badge number only on badge, They were passed down , lower the number longest on job. Your not an American cop at least, no,such thing as a custom badge with your name on it. Badges are there before you even born , I call bullshit on you.

y u nigger faget doe?

while most department have name plates ours do not. Our department is large enough that we have badges with names and badge numbers on them and we have our names sewn in above the right shirt pocket

Post a timestamp of it faggot

there's lots of companies out there that make badges. We order them from out of state from a bulk store of some sort (don't know the name because I never had to pay/order them)

Why are you so afraid of black people?

plot twist...I'm african american

how many niggers have you put down?

what should I do if you pull me over.

stay calm, dont go diving into your dash or center console, keep your hands visible and be respectful as I will be to you

>inb4 NIGGER
Why become a cop?

Why the fuck do you smell so much like bacon?

wasn't sure what i wanted to do until I was in college and met some of the University police dept. I enjoyed their stories and seeing what they did on a shift to shift basis.

we all get bacon scented cologne in the academy

I've been thinking about becoming a cop, how hard is it?

Is it worse or better than expected and how so?

Do you know any dirty cops an are you one? How corrupt is your department?

it's illegal because of the harm it causes your body and the increased likelihood that someone on drugs (other than pot I guess) will act violently towards someone else if their addiction is bad and they need to find more drugs quickly

depends on where you're looking and what type of department. Theres not a lot of competition for cop jobs right now

It's probably worse just because my expectations were so high. It's a tough job (mentally and physically). Early in my career I worked nights and theres nothing worse than working a 10 hour overnight shift, going into court 2 hours after work and then sleeping 4 hours before going in for another 10 hour night shift

How smart is the smartest cop in your department?

See, I'm afraid I'll fuck up majorly or some shit and get fired/arrested for being so shit, lmao.

How come that first 7 has a hook and the second 7 doesn't?

DOES THIS PROVE YOUR A POLICE OFFICER?? WHAT DOES IT MEAN

as long as you don't accidentally shoot someone who isn't a threat or use other kinds of excessive force you'll be fine

If I call you sir are you more likely to drop my speeding ticket below 10?

why don't you kill yourself for being a cuck to minorities?

we have some really intelligent guys. We have guys who have masters and p.h.d's in our department. I have a bachelors and that's plenty for me.

my handwriting is so bad and inconsistent so who knows. Half the time I write in cursive and half the time it's block letters

What do the people with masters and phds do?

if you're respectful and are pleasant then most cops will cut you a break

they are all over the place. Some in patrol, some detectives, some admin staff, some in crime scene investigation, and one guy who does crime stat analysis

Has worked 2/3 times for me so far

If you catch me driving 60-100 mph over the speed limit, but I pull over immediately, stay polite, have no prior infractions, all my papers are in order and I'm white, would I leave with just a warning?

thanks for the response brotha

Yeah as a Native American in Canada I'm basically trash, be whenever I come across the police I make God damn sure I'm respectful and I find that police are always respectful back.

>story
I had a small incident with a neighbour and 2 officers came in my house. 1 talked to my dad and the other watch some of the NHL game with me

cool dudes

Are you fucking retarded?
>white
Of course you will

I'd fucking shoot you cracka

if anyone is going 60-100 mph over that's gonna end up in an arrest.

Not him but f no. If you're speeding that fast you'll obviously get a ticket.

What if it's at night on a completely abandoned straightaway with no one else around for miles...

(begging the question, why would you be watching for people speeding there anyway...)

Dayum, I'll just outrun the cops then. It's risky tho. Thanks.

Yeah we enjoy hanging out with people. If I'm at a persons house for a non-emergency type call and they are watching a game that im interested in I usually chat with them about it. Also I'm a gamer so I always end up talking to people about the games they have out

Fuck an we wonder why cops have short tempers an can become trigger happy

What if you incidentally pull over a 30 year old dude, he's made an honest mistake. He's apologetic and submits all his info, politely. You notice the smell of marijuana, it's probably in the glove box or center console. You ask him is there anything I need to know about in the car? He says, no sir.

What then? Just curious, I actually really like cops.

depending on the state it usually is a misdemeanor if you're going 30 over so 60 over would probably be felony and wreckless driving in most states (it is in mine)

Can you tell me how an investigation into a drug dealer would typically go? not a small time guy but a guy who supply dealers.
QUestions i want specifically answered. How would i know when to check for the magnetic gps tracker and where is it typically put on a car.
Are phones able to be pinged to a houes and how effective is this in getting a warrant?
How easy is phone tapping warrants to obtain and how often are people wire tapped without knowing? How would one be able to tell tehy were tapped?

the odor of cannabis in a vehicle is PC for a vehicle search and most cops aren't going to look over that unless your'e in a state with medical marijuana and have the updated paperwork

Speeding tickets depend so much on the cop. I've been let go with a warning for 115 in a 65, I've also gotten a ticket for 64 in a 55.

If you're driving a sports car and happen to be pulled by a cop who is into cars, it helps

Noice, precautions are your friend then. This is very helpful.

Actually, thinking about that, most states/provinces have a no-chase policy right?
So if I'm rolling 60-100mph over the limit, and I just keep going (up to the next exit or the one after), technically you can't follow me and I'm safe?

Never admit to cops that you smoke weed and never give consent to search your car. I have been pulle doover with weed in the middle console but i said i dont smoke and never have and i guess he wasnt confident enough to call the dog and let me go. I also said no you may not search my car. they usually say "mind if i take a look? or oh, so if i look i wouldnt find anything? Then an idiot would say thers nothing you can look if you want and they will.

Doesn't mean you have to use it you fucking pig

How many politicians have you caught fucking kids???

The NSA will now catalog your handwriting.

Yeah, been pulled for a 55 in a 30 zone, got a ticket. Two days later, pulled for 55 in a 30 zone again but by a different cop, got a warning. Eh.

pursuit policies are set (typically) by each individual agency. But I will say more agencies pursue than don't pursue.

This is also helpful.

Answer this. Or are you jus ta stupid fucking grunt who doesnt even know how an investigation is done. haha little fuckign kijds know this shit where im from. Pigs truly are the lowest of the low

>the odor of cannabis in a vehicle is PC for a vehicle search

Be honest here - not saying you have, but there HAS to be cops out there who just say that they smell marijuana to get PC even if they really don't. Admit it.

Have you fucked any kids, dan?

it's hard for me to answer that. Typically we have at least 2 officers at every stop so if both dont smell it then we don't take any action

Alright, seems pretty clear, if I get caught speeding I have to flee. It's a 50/50 whether I'm free or if I have to actually outrun the police car, which could be simple with a 160-200 mph headstart. Thanks!