Why are so many TV shows STILL doing that one "token black guy" thing...

Why are so many TV shows STILL doing that one "token black guy" thing? I'm scrolling through Netflix and I see this all the time. Like it or not, diversity is a popular thing now and movies have caught onto it so why not TV? How important is a cast of generic looking white people to TV executives?

Blacks are fewer than 13% of the population in the US. Why should they account for more than 1 in 8ish actors in cinema taking place in the US?

>that's not the cast of Dark Matter
What the fuck

If using a song quote wasn't taboo I have one ready to go; it's definitely a stretch yet a classic if you're interested.

A cast of generic white people is pretty much televisual cancer in america. Only way you can get away with that now if it's on telemundo and they all speak spanish or its an import of a british show.

Then again the last british show I saw has some black woman playing the queen of england so who the fuck knows what's going on over there...

I use elipsessss like that...bitch

1. Going by your logic user, whites are overrepresented

2. There are more minorities than just blacks faggot

That doesn't look like a generic white cast though. Woman on the left looks hispanic, the guy adjacent middle eastern, the woman in the middle and the guy on the right are white, yea, but the guy on the far right looks very Mediterranean.

Great show. Shame its finished.

It's Continuum and it's a way better fuckin show than Dark Matter

Watch it user

...not knowing who Lexa Doig is. For shame.

Agreed, they need to start casting some token black woman so they can stop pairing the niggers with white women.

Cause that's what America looks like, negroes, jews and mexicans

Here's the ideal ratio

But the show is from and in Canada

Why do you feel the need to point out the black guy only? There are 3 non-whites in that photo, %50 of them are not white. People like you ignore the other non-whites because they aren't as dark as the black guy, and then cry about diversity. Stop being triggered by dark skin, and open your fucking eyes.

literally for profit, they think (and are probably right) that niggers are more likely to watch when there's black characters

OP may have not used a perfect example(still though you're crazy if you don't think they aren't trying to sell the lighter skinned actors as white) but he isn't wrong. The whole world knows about the what-should-be-outdated Token Minority trope.

>trying to sell the lighter skinned actors as white
What kind of fucked up mental gymnastics led you to that conclusion? Are they wearing white-face and colored contacts?

o-oh not that user but i just finished continuum and netflix recommended me dark matter, is it worth watching.

It's pretty corny and cringey sometimes but it's alright

Not like there's much other sci-fi these days

Dont expect it to be as good as Continuum tho

Jew female, black guy

Black guy, Latin american guy

Jews are white and that guy is of Ecuadorian, Austrian, and Norweigen descent so basically white.

is fringe better than dark matter?

Well not all of them are but she specifically is of European origin.

I liked it but it has some serious Lost-tier writing in the end where too much shit is simply left unanswered because they're obviously pulled out of the writer's asses last minute

Walter and Peter are great tho

black kid in south park literally named Token Black

/r/ the webm of Nichols getting her boob grabbed in the ladies' room

cool i think ill watch fringe, thanks for your replies.

you´d call the show racist if they dont have blacks so there you have it a nigger in each show now shut up you´re pissing me off

Fuck niggers. We should put more Asians into TV shows, not disgusting niggers. Asians work hard and try to improve society. Niggers just rob and rape. TV shouldn't represent such filth.