Wtf I hate The Beatles now!

wtf I hate The Beatles now!

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.complex.com/music/2015/01/migos-better-than-the-beatles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ugh I'm so angry that someone on the internet has a hot take they're trying to sell

>Salon

You just now hate the Beatles?
Have you not listened to the Beach Boys?

>liking the beetles

John Lennon beat his wife

nah they sound hella gay

>when Beatles dropped their boy band act and started to get serious in their music, they get critique... 50 years later

So if The Beatles retired as a boy band, the writer would like them because of the 'female gaze'?

>Amanda Marcotte

oh hey it's that woman who pissed off slate star codex

But he's getting better all the time.

>Amanda Marcotte

IT CAN'T GET NO WORSE

You're mum beat my meat

>female opinion on music

rofl

*your

(mum beat MY meat)

Why are you publisising this blogshit?

bad writing deserves mockery

*yer

(yer mum beat ME meat, cunt)

Joke's on you. I meant that you are a female parent and I order you to wank my cock until I spurt creamy love bullets at your face.

you're giving her click money instead you ass

i block ads

wait feminists hate nu-males now too?

I agree with the golden god.

the beatles are overrated garbage anyway

>Salon

>rockism
thinkingemoji.jpeg

>The Beatles
>good
lol

t. jealous boys

ca.complex.com/music/2015/01/migos-better-than-the-beatles

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

gz

I agree. Even when I was in relationship with one qt who has somewhat good taste in music, when she would say something like «this band sucks» she couldn't explain exactly why. Women sucks at music fo' real.

all white men must be disemboweled for their continued existence is incompatible with our ultimate goal of an intersectional queer feminist society

>one women i knew was retarded, so all women are retarded
user, that's pretty silly

I volunteer my white boipussi as tribute

Name one notable female critic of ANY art

Go ahead, I'll wait.

correction: cis white hetero men

>current anum
>still calling the beatles shit
that was cool 20 years ago user

it was cool in 1964

They've long moved on from that, gay men, white or black, are no longer safe from SJWs.

someone please post a "man who always gets rush out of posting a meme about man who always gets a little rush out of posting a different meme about a man always getting a little rush out of telling people john lennon beat wife"

i know we're not safe from the sjws because i get triggered by article headlines

>Marcotte
Well, there's your problem right there. Just another dumbass neoliberal with a hot take.

I hope this is Fantano's next stinkpiece

Don't get me wrong I'd probably put pet sounds or Smile above any beatles, but as much as Ive listened to those I'd say they have 4, maybe 5 good albums.
I guess I'd say the beatles only have like 7, but I guess I think beach boys have had lower lows

This might be the worst thing I've ever read

Does she raise any decent points or is it all as dumb as it sounds?

>I'd probably put pet sounds or Smile above any beatles

you're just as clueless as that bitch

poptimists btfo

>another womeme "journalist"

Others may not

Who cares

You do it you lazy piece of shit. Surely you can take 2 minutes out from sniffing your gramma's panties.

Fuck off Amanda, you fucking whore.

Imagine being this mad

Literally every rockstar beat and beats their partner. Every musician, every artist, every actor.

Poptimism was a mistake.

WE FUCKING GET IT

>Does she raise any decent points
Not really. It's a very short, and somewhat incoherent article, but her main point seems to be that she doesn't like Sgt. Peppers because it represents a point at which rock and roll stopped being targeted towards women. Basically, she's using the Beatles' earlier career (and fanbase of mostly girls) to argue that rock and roll was originally focused on women, and Sgt. Peppers represents a conscious effort to make the band seem more adult and manly, which was ploy for more credibility. There's probably some truth to that (marketing music towards a more mature audience for credibility), but there's no reason to assume to motivations she's ascribing, and her history is just wrong. Rock and roll wasn't originally music for girls; that didn't even happen until the genre had a pretty poster boy (Elvis Presley) to attract their attention, and even then, it was villified through the media for its ties to violent men. Even in the Beatles' career, albums like Rubber Soul and Revolver were moving away from the boy band image and trying to sound more mature.

Pfft Sgt. Peppers just represents the introduction of acid into the songwriting formula

>60 replies
>38 posters

almost every other post was samefagged. really makes you think.

Piera Scaruffi

>Against ___:

I'm so glad journalism hasnt turn to shit in my country.

Yet.

>posting these shit articles on message boards thereby attracting more attention and resulting in more traffic to the articles resulting in more views and ad revenue and thereby earning more money and creating more publicity for the website at large

trannies

What did she mean by this?

>was originally focused on women
BABY I'M DETERMINED AND I'D RATHER SEE YOU DEAD