Name a better video game

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

Name a better video game.

Protip: You can't.

inb4 Skyrim is better. It's not.

If Oblivion was released in 2011 with similar graphics and technology it would be better in every way than Skyrim.
If Skyrim was released in 2006 with similar graphics and technology it would be worse in every way than Oblivion.

Jacob Ross
Jacob Ross

Story's better than Skyrims. Better map too.

James Sullivan
James Sullivan

morrowind, with the shitty graphics
no question about it

Samuel Wilson
Samuel Wilson

/thread

Lucas Sullivan
Lucas Sullivan

Oblivion and Witcher 3 ties for best RPG, imo.

Mason Myers
Mason Myers

Never had the nostalgia for Morrowind, it's too hard to get in to after Oblivion spoiled me since xbox 360 was my first microsoft console.. I'm sure it would have been amazing at the time, Oblivion still aged decently.

Colton Nelson
Colton Nelson

this is why I can't wait for skyblivion to release

Oliver Barnes
Oliver Barnes

Idk, I thought the elder scrolls 4 was better than Oblivion.

Alexander Cox
Alexander Cox

Daggerfall

Eli Campbell
Eli Campbell

Newfag never played

Aaron Cox
Aaron Cox

I really want to play it, but I played Skyrim first. I;ve started Oblivion like 6 times, with with varying amounts of mods, but I just can't do it. The graphics/ animations don't bother me, but the combat is just so awkward and clunky and... bad.

Lucas Cruz
Lucas Cruz

Pretty much, man. Pretty much.

Carter Brown
Carter Brown

Better everything. I'll concede leveling system. That was poor and Skyrim's perk system wins hands down. But even with that advantage Oblivion is still the better game.

Jackson Williams
Jackson Williams

The magic's better on Oblivion for sure.

David Ortiz
David Ortiz

Same for me with Morrowind. I never had the original xbox so I missed out on what everyone tells me was a phenomenal game. I really wish Bethesda would remaster Morrowind and Oblivion. Give them a true HD modern remake and they'll probably sell a gazillion copies.

Robert Harris
Robert Harris

i started with morrowind so i guess i see your perspective

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

worst level scaling in a game since Final Fantasy VIII
boring world
potato faces
six voice actors reused constantly
boring magic system that lacks both the punch of Skyrim or the depth and possibilities of Morrowind
dumb looking armor
worst enchanting system
It really isn't very good. Skyrim might have been dumbed down to hell but at least it had a soul to it.

Jaxson Bailey
Jaxson Bailey

And yet despite overcoming all of those flaws with superior technology and development, Skyrim was still worse.

Luis Hall
Luis Hall

closest we'll ever get is morrblivion

Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rodriguez

Spent a lot of time on Oblivion but the leveling system is fucking retarded and leaves the game next to broken.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

Oblivion soundtrack>Morrowind Soundtrack >>>>Skyrim Soundtrack.

Jeremiah Gomez
Jeremiah Gomez

It really isn't. Oblivion is legitimately a bad game. Also I forgot to mention the horribly repetitive dungeons. Elder Scrolls dungeons have always been bland and nothing special but Oblivion takes the cake for bland and boring dungeons.

Andrew Sanchez
Andrew Sanchez

Try to play Oblivion on the hardest settings
Can only damage enemies with conjuration or an assload of poison

Noah Phillips
Noah Phillips

If you can find Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul it does a decent job of salvaging Bethesda's trainwreck of a leveling system.

Nathan Flores
Nathan Flores

Difficulty in Elder Scrolls game just makes you weaker and enemies stronger. It doesn't change enemy AI or anything. Hard difficulty is a pretty pointless thing in those games.

Xavier Parker
Xavier Parker

The dungeons repeat sorry...I do like it tho

Benjamin Edwards
Benjamin Edwards

Yeah one guy did all of the oblivion dungeons. Skyrim had a team do all 20 of the dungeons in skyrim. Too bad you were too young to play oblivion when it first came out. Instead you played it after skyrim and were unable to keep yourself from comparing the two and giving oblivion a fair shake with fresh eyes. Its ok, I think pokemon gen 3 was the best when in reality it was probably gen 1.

Connor Clark
Connor Clark

Archery Sucks donkey balls in oblivion though, not sure about skyrim bc i haven't played it.

Samuel Ward
Samuel Ward

Dark Souls 3.
Or 1, but 3 is just a better 1.

Liam Allen
Liam Allen

it's like oblivion on steroids
Seriously loved this game but it's underrated as hell

Alexander Morgan
Alexander Morgan

Except I did play Oblivion when it came out only I actually played games with decent dungeons too. Just because Oblivion was your first RPG doesn't mean there aren't better ones.

Josiah Smith
Josiah Smith

morrowind

fucking n'wah

Luis Taylor
Luis Taylor

Kek forgot the picture

Thomas King
Thomas King

Archery is great in Skyrim. It's the subject of memes, in fact.

Charles James
Charles James

Except I did play Oblivion when it came out

It's okay to admit someone else is right once and a while. Just because you CAN lie on the internet doesn't mean you HAVE TO.

Brody Evans
Brody Evans

Compare dungeons in Oblivion to the dungeons in Nocturne.

Evan Wood
Evan Wood

Oblivion is great, especially with mods to fix the shit levelling system. Morrowind is great also, again with mods but I prefer Oblivion.
Skyrim is bland and feels completely soulless.

Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez

Dude me too. I liked it, but the fucking story/voice acting was such shit...

That aside yes, good game. There was a lot that went well in two worlds but not enough to override everything that went wrong

John Young
John Young

SMT Nocturne I mean.

Levi Turner
Levi Turner

I definitely agree with you on that one but you had to love the magic lol. I wasn't a big fan of the sequel though. In their defense, I think southpeak was smaller than Bethesda

Ryder Lee
Ryder Lee

I wish i could go back to when WoW was still new. That shit was amazing. No wowhead to tell you where to go. Relying on other players to help out.

Hudson Robinson
Hudson Robinson

LOL Ok you're a weeb, I get it, English RPGs just don't get your little pee pee up, you need waifus and ramen. That's cool bro, just stick to Final Fantasy and keep your gross weeb frontbutt away from good US games. You should move to Japan, they don't have enough weebs.

Samuel King
Samuel King

There aren't waifus in Nocturne, tard.

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

Started with Skyrim and I thought Morrowind was amazing when I played it. Only played a little of Oblivion but it seems better than Skyrim too.

Christian Bennett
Christian Bennett

Spoken like a true weeb. It's been established you have shit taste in RPGs, just keep playing Final Faggotry games on your playstation and humping your pillow. Nobody wants you to play quality rpg's beause then we'll have to take your garbage opinions seriously.

Nicholas Green
Nicholas Green

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!1

Bentley Thompson
Bentley Thompson

name game that actually has good dungeons
LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU WEEB FUCK OFF AND DIE REEEEEEEEEEE

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

Memes frontbutt small peen and waifus. Go to Japan and leave us normal people alone.

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

Go back to /r/the_donald

Eli Hill
Eli Hill

I bet you think Skyrim has good dungeons. Also why do you keep mentioning frontbutts? Are you projecting your own physical flaws onto others? That's a weird specific thing to keep bringing up.

Wyatt Bell
Wyatt Bell

Fallout new Vegas I feel is equal to or better an oblivion

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

Its better than skyrim in a million ways. If you think otherwise you are literally a fucking retard.

Ian Nelson
Ian Nelson

samefat

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

I've been saying this shit for years

Jason Rodriguez
Jason Rodriguez

If Oblivion was released in 2011 with similar graphics and technology it would be better in every way than Skyrim.
If Skyrim was released in 2006 with similar graphics and technology it would be worse in every way than Oblivion.

Ian Thomas
Ian Thomas

kek

Ethan Lee
Ethan Lee

NV was amazing

Caleb Edwards
Caleb Edwards

Still projecting your own obesity onto others, eh?

Jace Ramirez
Jace Ramirez

Better

Jose Martinez
Jose Martinez

2 choices

you're fat and sensitive about it so you're aggressively defending yourself
you're a weeb with a small peen and you don't dispute those two facts, so you attack OP on the only thing he's not correct about because you think OP is projecting.

Pick one.

Kayden Ross
Kayden Ross

At least I don't have a frontbutt like you lol

Brandon Gutierrez
Brandon Gutierrez

in oblivion
hoard skooma
take 50 vials at once
can run faster than usain bolt chasing kfc
high wears off
pass out for 5 minutes while getting assfucked by mudcrab

David Scott
David Scott

Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Persona 4, FF X

Joshua Cox
Joshua Cox

robotron, of course

Luke James
Luke James

Rational discussion and exchange of ideas on Sup Forums

Get out.

Cameron Nelson
Cameron Nelson

Morrowind obviously.

Jack Morales
Jack Morales

Agreed

Noah Robinson
Noah Robinson

NV
Losing against enemy, just find a ledge

I went from the start zone to the end zone by 'scaling' the edge of the map.

Uninstalled

Angel Bell
Angel Bell

lol 'normal people'.

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

combat in skyrim is fucking terrible my dude
i never blocked once the entire game
i just ran into the group of enemies and pressed right trigger until they were all dead
fuck skyrim

Noah Lopez
Noah Lopez

Morrowind has the worst fucking game play, you sir are mentally disabled. Im sorry you are literally retarded

Wyatt Mitchell
Wyatt Mitchell

It isn't even the best in its series.

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

Morrowind
/thread

Angel Barnes
Angel Barnes

TOP KEK MEME

John Adams
John Adams

whats wrong with the levelling system?

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

has no chill

Oliver Turner
Oliver Turner

garbage tier bait

Nathan Roberts
Nathan Roberts

Why did you post a pic of yourself?

Robert Clark
Robert Clark

Fucking monkey, ever heard of praise the sun?

Isaac Gray
Isaac Gray

pls list better ones

Gabriel Taylor
Gabriel Taylor

differing opinion REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Landon Wood
Landon Wood

muh opinions
Oblivion was incredible at the time, especially if you didn't have a whole lot of other games to compare it to.

Nolan Brown
Nolan Brown

I'm a huge Oblivion fan, and even I acknowledge the problems with the leveling system...

You level up too quickly, the ideal strategy is to pick 7 skills you actually don't use and selectively level them up so you get +5 in 3 attribute categories before you level. If you use heavy armor blade block and armorer, you'll level up quickly and only ever get +2 or +3 in your main attributes. You'll be overleveled and underattributed and you'll be really weak fighting against Xaivali with low damage and hp.

Ideal leveling is a strategy in itself, getting a level only after getting 10 skills leveled up within the same attribute on 3 different attributes. Luckily it caps off after level 21 so you can just get to 20 quickly then keep leveling as much as you want. But Min Maxing is still the best way to go.

Xavier Lee
Xavier Lee

great now I don't have to pay a psychiatrist to get diagnosed,
a game isn't bad just because you suck at it,
kids nowadays can't handle a game that doesn't hold their hand.

Luis Williams
Luis Williams

It is.

TESIV > The Elder Scrolls 4 > Oblivion

Dylan Martin
Dylan Martin

lol

love the effort

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

lol, I'll admit as much.

Mason Thompson
Mason Thompson

Brb making a meme format thanks

Jordan Evans
Jordan Evans

TESIV = The Elder Scrolls 4

Jonathan Brown
Jonathan Brown

*colourized

Amerifat spotted

Thomas Rogers
Thomas Rogers

ohh yeah that
its funny because i didnt want to level the first time i played so i just never slept for the first 200 hours kek

Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy

TESIV > The Elder Scrolls 4
user...

Nicholas Fisher
Nicholas Fisher

obl IV ion.

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

2dodgy

John Cruz
John Cruz

:O

Parker Williams
Parker Williams

The only reason you fucktards like morrowind is because of nostagia. Morrowind is garbage, not because of handholding but because of of shitty technological limitations.

Juan Anderson
Juan Anderson

Lol exactly. Playing it through without leveling you'd fight a million lesser scamps, the game wouldn't be difficult, but if you get to level 20 without min-maxing or at least close to getting +5 in 3 attributes every level would be difficult.

Jacob Flores
Jacob Flores

good for the time
le aged poorly meme

Fuck off, if a video game was good in the past then it's good now.

Caleb Miller
Caleb Miller

Dwarf fortress nigga

Daniel Hernandez
Daniel Hernandez

roblox, but exclusively for the story - no comparison, blows oblivion out of the park

prove me wrong

protip: you can't

Jaxon Nelson
Jaxon Nelson

well, that would make oblivion and Skyrim crap as well compared to future tech.
but they did definitely dumb down the gameplay in oblivion, and they did it again in Skyrim.

Daniel Baker
Daniel Baker

1/2

Nathaniel Parker
Nathaniel Parker

2/2

Liam Howard
Liam Howard

the problem is always subjectivity.

Matthew Sanders
Matthew Sanders

Yes

James Price
James Price

so, faggots in this thread, what's your favorite game and why is it Skyrim

pic related it's yfw you realize i'm right

Elijah Torres
Elijah Torres

And fallout 2

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

have you ever gone back and tried to play an older game? i suspect you'd realize that nostalgia usually blinds you to the faults of a game

Lucas Smith
Lucas Smith

dude fuck holy shit

Oliver Phillips
Oliver Phillips

Yes, it does. But I can still play oblivion and it's awesome. Just not on PC. Having no controller is cancer, you need it on an Xbox.

Kevin Brooks
Kevin Brooks

i hate skyrim my dude

Wyatt Ortiz
Wyatt Ortiz

I didn't say that it still isn't cool. It's nostalgia, and is engrained in my memory as a satisfying game of enjoyment and long hours.

Carson Butler
Carson Butler

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

Anyone who disagrees is a Outlander

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

fucking Imperial scum

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

The thing that I didn't really like about Oblivion was that it was too easy. I don't like to cheat in a game or use glitches, but I'll definitely choose the path of least resistance. If there's a strategy that beats every other strategy in the game, I'm gonna use that.

So I pretty much played the entirety of Oblivion casting a 2 second stun on an enemy, then chopping them while they were on the ground.

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

My favorite game is Battlefield but Oblivion will always have a special place in my heart.

Liam Long
Liam Long

I personally still play Morrowind. it still holds up for me. nostalgia, or no, I still love that game.

Christopher Walker
Christopher Walker

Move the difficulty slider up a bit, and then level up to 10-20 immediately before playing the quests. just don't min-max, pick skills you actually will use.

Nathaniel Morgan
Nathaniel Morgan

Unless you turn the difficulty slider up.

Isaac Hall
Isaac Hall

1942 ?

Blake Rogers
Blake Rogers

I like the ambient noise in the dwemer ruins

Noah Baker
Noah Baker

I'll try that :)

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

next level graphics that look like garbage
next level AI, so advanced you can cast basic spells and confuse it
poorly written plot with dearth of voice acting written by some drunken fuckwad @ 3 AM after a night of pounding absinthe
NEETs are still jerking themselves off about it more than a decade later

Oblivion in a nutshell

Luke Richardson
Luke Richardson

All of them

David White
David White

Wait, you're not me

Jaxon Lopez
Jaxon Lopez

yea the clanky distant cog like sounds are great.

Luke Kelly
Luke Kelly

Then who are you?

Alexander Rivera
Alexander Rivera

this for the most part
I went back to oblivion again and I will say that even though the quests have waaaaay better story and are more interesting than skyrims, the general aesthetic of skyrim added a whole new level of immersion. Id have to disagree with you on the magic though, if theres anything Id have to say sucked with skyrim its that its magic was made very bland and uninteresting

Brayden Young
Brayden Young

haha no, but I've had the same problems with oblivion. to easy.

Carter Barnes
Carter Barnes

Scared the living shit out of me as a kid tbh

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

ikr, Battlefield Hardline was a masterpiece, should have been GOTY, maybe game of the decade

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

samefat. I have your IP address brother, you won't pull a fast one on me without a VPN.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivishit

Lucas Robinson
Lucas Robinson

haha no, but I've had the same problems with oblivion. to easy

Tyler Perez
Tyler Perez

samefat still, also replying to himself lol see again but replace it with whatever numbers you are now.

Charles Watson
Charles Watson

how often do you yank yer microdick thinking about Oblivion

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

Agreed. But fuck EA and Origin

Anthony Green
Anthony Green

lol, it was amazing that it got made.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

Is...Is that you Harry?

Kevin White
Kevin White

nice try guy

why do you retards even try to point this out you're never right

Jeremiah Bell
Jeremiah Bell

gold

Anthony Johnson
Anthony Johnson

i was being facetious of course, it was an atrocious piece of hot garbage

unlike Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - a sublime masterpiece reminiscent of High Renaissance art, I would easily put IW in the same god-tier of games like Bear Simulator and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

Mason Russell
Mason Russell

Munch's oddysee

Chase Robinson
Chase Robinson

photoshopped.

you can tell because of the way it is

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor

back peddling lol

Parker Reyes
Parker Reyes

Oblivion is in my top 5 of all time.

CoD 4 MW
Mario Kart 64
Warcraft III
Oblivion
Bioshock

Christian Mitchell
Christian Mitchell

Toejam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron

name a better game, i'll wait, you can't

Angel Harris
Angel Harris

Replace WC3 with Starcraft & SC:BW, and add in Diablo 2

Warcraft has sucked dog cock since WC2

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

if

Luis Reed
Luis Reed

Custom games my brother... The custom games on WC3 were above all games anywhere else. From the LoaP to Footmen Frenzy, Castle Defense, Line Tower Wars, Wintermaul, Legion TD, Run Kitty Run, Hero Arena, so many amazing creations. Not to mention...

WC3 basically created the MOBA genre (yes I know starcraft had one but it wasn't dota.) Dota 2, LoL, HoN, and HoTS all stem from warcraft 3 dota. Clearly it was a highly influential game.

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

in every way

I'm willing to concede graphics and some primitive ai/leveling systems. Those issues in Skyrim would have killed that game. Oblivion is good despite those few issues.

Not to mention Skyrim is impossible to play without mods. Play vanilla skyrim today and you've got a recipe for boring fucking shit.

Nathaniel Garcia
Nathaniel Garcia

and all of those 'classic games' on WC3 were direct port-ins from Starcraft's custom game mode and map editor

so, what you're saying is that I'm right

thank you for acknowledging my superiority

James Gomez
James Gomez

That's why you have to go battle mage or pure mage. Little better but I agree combat is still shit

Camden Sanders
Camden Sanders

also, HoTS is dogshit, easily the worst game Blizz has produced since WoW

Hearthstone is definitely in the running, too, since it's a RNGfest made to sell digital bullshit to 6-40 year old children in the form of a panoply of brightly colored 'cards' that look like they were designed and drawn by an autistic drug addict; loosely themed on some kind of D&D fanfiction set in a universe where everyone is a massive homosexual dying of AIDS and catastrophic organ failure and blacks don't exist (I think it's modeled on San Francisco)

Adrian Scott
Adrian Scott

never played Elder Scrolls before
play the first one on a whim a year ago
had a great time, the controls are ass and everyone back then knew they were ass too, making your own spells was amazing and I loved the maze like dungeons
playing through Daggerfall, it's the first game minus the bullshit, having a great time
played Deus Ex 1 two years ago, GOATest game ever
go back and play Mario 64, Banjo 1 and 2, GTA 2, Resident Evil 2, Tony Hawk 3
all are solid experiences and some still haven't been topped yet

Yeah must be the nostalgia

David Russell
David Russell

newfag detected.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit