Name a better video game

Name a better video game.

>Protip: You can't.

inb4 Skyrim is better. It's not.

>If Oblivion was released in 2011 with similar graphics and technology it would be better in every way than Skyrim.
>If Skyrim was released in 2006 with similar graphics and technology it would be worse in every way than Oblivion.

Story's better than Skyrims. Better map too.

morrowind, with the shitty graphics
no question about it

/thread

Oblivion and Witcher 3 ties for best RPG, imo.

Never had the nostalgia for Morrowind, it's too hard to get in to after Oblivion spoiled me since xbox 360 was my first microsoft console.. I'm sure it would have been amazing at the time, Oblivion still aged decently.

this is why I can't wait for skyblivion to release

Idk, I thought the elder scrolls 4 was better than Oblivion.

Daggerfall

Newfag never played

I really want to play it, but I played Skyrim first. I;ve started Oblivion like 6 times, with with varying amounts of mods, but I just can't do it. The graphics/ animations don't bother me, but the combat is just so awkward and clunky and... bad.

Pretty much, man. Pretty much.

Better everything. I'll concede leveling system. That was poor and Skyrim's perk system wins hands down. But even with that advantage Oblivion is still the better game.

The magic's better on Oblivion for sure.

Same for me with Morrowind. I never had the original xbox so I missed out on what everyone tells me was a phenomenal game. I really wish Bethesda would remaster Morrowind and Oblivion. Give them a true HD modern remake and they'll probably sell a gazillion copies.

i started with morrowind so i guess i see your perspective

>worst level scaling in a game since Final Fantasy VIII
>boring world
>potato faces
>six voice actors reused constantly
>boring magic system that lacks both the punch of Skyrim or the depth and possibilities of Morrowind
>dumb looking armor
>worst enchanting system
It really isn't very good. Skyrim might have been dumbed down to hell but at least it had a soul to it.

And yet despite overcoming all of those flaws with superior technology and development, Skyrim was still worse.

closest we'll ever get is morrblivion

Spent a lot of time on Oblivion but the leveling system is fucking retarded and leaves the game next to broken.

Oblivion soundtrack>Morrowind Soundtrack >>>>Skyrim Soundtrack.

It really isn't. Oblivion is legitimately a bad game. Also I forgot to mention the horribly repetitive dungeons. Elder Scrolls dungeons have always been bland and nothing special but Oblivion takes the cake for bland and boring dungeons.

>Try to play Oblivion on the hardest settings
>Can only damage enemies with conjuration or an assload of poison

If you can find Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul it does a decent job of salvaging Bethesda's trainwreck of a leveling system.

Difficulty in Elder Scrolls game just makes you weaker and enemies stronger. It doesn't change enemy AI or anything. Hard difficulty is a pretty pointless thing in those games.

The dungeons repeat sorry...I do like it tho

Yeah one guy did all of the oblivion dungeons. Skyrim had a team do all 20 of the dungeons in skyrim. Too bad you were too young to play oblivion when it first came out. Instead you played it after skyrim and were unable to keep yourself from comparing the two and giving oblivion a fair shake with fresh eyes. Its ok, I think pokemon gen 3 was the best when in reality it was probably gen 1.

Archery Sucks donkey balls in oblivion though, not sure about skyrim bc i haven't played it.

Dark Souls 3.
Or 1, but 3 is just a better 1.

>it's like oblivion on steroids
Seriously loved this game but it's underrated as hell

Except I did play Oblivion when it came out only I actually played games with decent dungeons too. Just because Oblivion was your first RPG doesn't mean there aren't better ones.

morrowind

fucking n'wah

Kek forgot the picture

Archery is great in Skyrim. It's the subject of memes, in fact.

>Except I did play Oblivion when it came out

It's okay to admit someone else is right once and a while. Just because you CAN lie on the internet doesn't mean you HAVE TO.

Compare dungeons in Oblivion to the dungeons in Nocturne.

Oblivion is great, especially with mods to fix the shit levelling system. Morrowind is great also, again with mods but I prefer Oblivion.
Skyrim is bland and feels completely soulless.

Dude me too. I liked it, but the fucking story/voice acting was such shit...

That aside yes, good game. There was a lot that went well in two worlds but not enough to override everything that went wrong

SMT Nocturne I mean.

I definitely agree with you on that one but you had to love the magic lol. I wasn't a big fan of the sequel though. In their defense, I think southpeak was smaller than Bethesda

I wish i could go back to when WoW was still new. That shit was amazing. No wowhead to tell you where to go. Relying on other players to help out.

LOL Ok you're a weeb, I get it, English RPGs just don't get your little pee pee up, you need waifus and ramen. That's cool bro, just stick to Final Fantasy and keep your gross weeb frontbutt away from good US games. You should move to Japan, they don't have enough weebs.

There aren't waifus in Nocturne, tard.

Started with Skyrim and I thought Morrowind was amazing when I played it. Only played a little of Oblivion but it seems better than Skyrim too.

Spoken like a true weeb. It's been established you have shit taste in RPGs, just keep playing Final Faggotry games on your playstation and humping your pillow. Nobody wants you to play quality rpg's beause then we'll have to take your garbage opinions seriously.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!1

>name game that actually has good dungeons
>LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU WEEB FUCK OFF AND DIE REEEEEEEEEEE

Memes frontbutt small peen and waifus. Go to Japan and leave us normal people alone.

Go back to /r/the_donald

I bet you think Skyrim has good dungeons. Also why do you keep mentioning frontbutts? Are you projecting your own physical flaws onto others? That's a weird specific thing to keep bringing up.

Fallout new Vegas I feel is equal to or better an oblivion

Its better than skyrim in a million ways. If you think otherwise you are literally a fucking retard.

samefat

I've been saying this shit for years

>>If Oblivion was released in 2011 with similar graphics and technology it would be better in every way than Skyrim.
>>If Skyrim was released in 2006 with similar graphics and technology it would be worse in every way than Oblivion.

kek

NV was amazing

Still projecting your own obesity onto others, eh?

Better

2 choices

>you're fat and sensitive about it so you're aggressively defending yourself
>you're a weeb with a small peen and you don't dispute those two facts, so you attack OP on the only thing he's not correct about because you think OP is projecting.

Pick one.

At least I don't have a frontbutt like you lol

> in oblivion
> hoard skooma
> take 50 vials at once
> can run faster than usain bolt chasing kfc
> high wears off
> pass out for 5 minutes while getting assfucked by mudcrab

Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Persona 4, FF X

robotron, of course

>>Rational discussion and exchange of ideas on Sup Forums

Get out.

Morrowind obviously.

Agreed

>NV
>Losing against enemy, just find a ledge

I went from the start zone to the end zone by 'scaling' the edge of the map.

Uninstalled

lol 'normal people'.

combat in skyrim is fucking terrible my dude
i never blocked once the entire game
i just ran into the group of enemies and pressed right trigger until they were all dead
fuck skyrim

Morrowind has the worst fucking game play, you sir are mentally disabled. Im sorry you are literally retarded

It isn't even the best in its series.

Morrowind
/thread

TOP KEK MEME

whats wrong with the levelling system?

has no chill

garbage tier bait

Why did you post a pic of yourself?

Fucking monkey, ever heard of praise the sun?

pls list better ones

>differing opinion REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>muh opinions
Oblivion was incredible at the time, especially if you didn't have a whole lot of other games to compare it to.

I'm a huge Oblivion fan, and even I acknowledge the problems with the leveling system...

You level up too quickly, the ideal strategy is to pick 7 skills you actually don't use and selectively level them up so you get +5 in 3 attribute categories before you level. If you use heavy armor blade block and armorer, you'll level up quickly and only ever get +2 or +3 in your main attributes. You'll be overleveled and underattributed and you'll be really weak fighting against Xaivali with low damage and hp.

Ideal leveling is a strategy in itself, getting a level only after getting 10 skills leveled up within the same attribute on 3 different attributes. Luckily it caps off after level 21 so you can just get to 20 quickly then keep leveling as much as you want. But Min Maxing is still the best way to go.

great now I don't have to pay a psychiatrist to get diagnosed,
a game isn't bad just because you suck at it,
kids nowadays can't handle a game that doesn't hold their hand.

It is.

TESIV > The Elder Scrolls 4 > Oblivion

lol

love the effort

lol, I'll admit as much.

Brb making a meme format thanks

TESIV = The Elder Scrolls 4

*colourized

Amerifat spotted

ohh yeah that
its funny because i didnt want to level the first time i played so i just never slept for the first 200 hours kek

>TESIV > The Elder Scrolls 4
user...

obl IV ion.

2dodgy

:O

The only reason you fucktards like morrowind is because of nostagia. Morrowind is garbage, not because of handholding but because of of shitty technological limitations.