Any tips for someone who wants to start a Youtube channel to talk about movies ?

Any tips for someone who wants to start a Youtube channel to talk about movies ?
Anything you guys dislike about most "reviewers"?
Any particular subject you would like to see be discussed ?

Kill yourself on cam

I hear that if you suck dog dicks and play shitty video games people will praise you

This put an actual twist on reviewing Suicide Squad by committing suicide at the end.

>suck dog dicks
YMS then ?

I dislike that 90% of them know nothing about how film works, nothing about the technical or artistic aspects and how they relate to each other. You should actually be informative and leave us wanting to learn more. And informative doesn't mean point out "plot holes" and act smug about it. That's not insight.

Also make sure you don't have a boring droning autist voice.

POTTERY

I will one hundred percent subscribe if you can be entertaining, talk about films that aren't blockbusters/wide release once in a while, and never ever resort to making stupid faces/popping up stupid faces as reactions in your videos.

OP here
Honestly that really pisses me off about film "reviewers" too, they think the sole criticism you can apply to a film is pointing out plot holes and lack of realism when those should be the least of a film's concerns.
Maybe I should have specified but I'm not really doing a review channel, it's mostly a channel where I talk in length about things I like in movies like monster design, cinematography, themes of great filmmakers and such.

I hate virtually all review channels and I would not want to be anything like them.

Make sure you cut to a skit every 5 minutes.

>never ever resort to making stupid faces/popping up stupid faces as reactions
I fucking hate those too.
It's likely you will never even see my face.
I hate stupid clickbait.

Dont have 5 minutes intro clip
Dont talk about private/channel things for the first 20 minutes at the start of every video
Dont mention any other youtubers
Dont base your opinion on paid portals like RT(owned by WB) or magazines
Try to keep the look of the videos consistent
Try to make your uploads in regular intervals at least in the beginning
Dont listen/argue to youtube comments 99% of them are normies or kids that dont know anything but to insult and the rest are people from here that are teens and try to be edgy
Dont be autist that looks for things is a movie that are not there
Know your shit in regard of cinematography
If you have top 5,10,15 or similar consider that there is video blocker addon for all major browsers that filters that shit and many people that you want as audience will never see your content

Sounds pretty good then. I share all the gripes you have with other review channels.

two important tips
1. be attractive
2. don't be unattactive

if you fail either of these just give up

>knows about film
>becomes a reviewer
That's like working hard in the pitch to become a fan with privileged seat

U can do better

Duly noted. I'll be sure to do my research and I want to provide the best content I can, since I don't want to restrict myself solely to movies.

Any additional suggestions ? I'm open to hearing all of them before I actually get through with it.

You sound like a pretentious DCuck faggot.

Lets see your movie type preference,some call it taste.
Name some movies you watched recently and your opinions about them.

Dislikes:

Screaming
Only one person stars
Bad production values
Bad lighting
Only one camera
High pitched or nasal voice
Talking too fast
Narrating what happens in a movie in stead of reviewing it
Overuse of effeminate phrasing ("Like, um, wow, I can't even")
Only talking about the script and acting while neglecting all other aspects of filmmaking
Bad skits

Please never pander to faggots like this who involve themselves in capeshit company wars

>Dont listen/argue to youtube comments 99% of them are normies or kids that dont know anything but to insult and the rest are people from here that are teens and try to be edgy
I warned him about that lets see how he manages this shit

Allright. I've picked a few movies and shows to talk about already.

-Alien (the design on the creature and H.R Giger's artwork)
-Evil Dead (Sam Raimi's camerawork)
-David Lynch's entire filmography
-John Carpenter's sense of style and the way he handles horror and comedy
-Don Hertzfeldt's movies and shorts
-Cowboy Bepop (discussing the show's use of film tropes to subvert, deconstruct and pay homage to those very same things).
-Repo Man (the symbolism and how the movie builds up to the ending)

That's it for now.

I'll try to avoid talking about anything involving superhero movies or major blockbusters unless there is something of value there to discuss.

All killer, no filler. Don't show your face, don't talk about your personal life. Don't beg for views or likes. The only thing onscreen should be clips or images from whatever you're talking about.

AlternatingLine is a good example of what you should shoot for.

Cool picks.

I should also tell you to try and avoid stating the obvious, acting like your analysis is profound shit when it's stuff literally everyone (everyone) who's seen the movie knows about. For example eveyone knows the Alien monster is a penis and the movie's about rape.

>For example everyone knows the Alien monster is a penis and the movie's about rape.

No but seriously op stick to the topic,costumes and artwork don't make it great,everything in it makes it great.
So if you stick to the alien character itself you may wanna call for help from /ic/ and share their opinion on that perspective since art is hollow more than you now.

Start every video by saying

"What's UP guys WHAT'S going ON"

Then make the whole video an autistic cartoon character version of yourself

Make lots of epic quips

Be sure to edit out the mouth breathing in between each sentence

Be sure to be as predictable and uninformed as possible

>hurr durr wat should I maek muh chanel about

If you can't answer this question by yourself then you shouldn't be doing this crap, fuck off and kill yourself.

Thanks for reminding me.
I was actually going to talk more about how the movie explores two different concepts of evil through Ash and the Xeno, all the things that went into the creature (Eraserhead, Egyptian gods, actual things in biology, etc), and how the movie essentially put an entirely new twist on sci-fi horror (a concept that didn't even really exist before). But obviously the rape stuff has to be addressed.
I want to keep my videos short and Alien has a lot of things to talk about besides the monster. I want to focus just on the Xenomorph and it's portrayal in the first movie.
But I'll keep this in mind.