This is DOOM's best album. Prove me wrong

This is DOOM's best album. Prove me wrong.

Madvillainy kitties need not post.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/jordan-feat-jordan-massirman
soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/rainrider
soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/biggie-lives
youtube.com/watch?v=1lRlP28Y9cM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its lackluster and he even points it out as a punchline on one bar

retard contratarian, vaudeville is so much better

I recently listened to MF Doom for the first time, Madvilliany of course.

I wasn't that impressed. He's got good bars but the entire album was just him laying em down over dull instrumentals. Most tracks sounded indistinguishable. I think Figaro and Rhinestone Cowboy were the highlights.

Are any of his other albums better?

everyone knows this was his best album, no memes

its what got me into DOOM but it doesnt take itself very seriously to score high
great album nonetheless, love Aqua Teen Hunger

>madlib
>dull instrumentals
first off wrong. second, it was prob tough for you since there wasn't a traditional verse chorus verse structure but as you grow in music taste you can break away from the pop rap structure

What's lackluster about it? The instrumentals are on another level and actually sound sinister and villianous. V1 was good, but not as great.

Yeah, the beats were using barely changed samples, worthless skits and demos, and his monotone voice kinda left it pretty boring. Literally all of his other stuff is much more interesting. Vaudeville Villain is a good place to start.

Eh, in my opinion DOOM has never had one great album, but a bunch of very exceptional songs on a lot of different albums. I would personally argue his best album is Special Herbs 7, but that's technically Metal Fingers Doom which is separate from his rap aliases like Geedorah and Vaughn

Yup.

>calling Madlib's beats dull on Sup Forums
>respect the courage, dont respect the opinion

i don't think it was courage so much as ignorance about madlib and production in general

this. as someone who makes rap its borderline depressing that ive had to start following pop structure. it does make stuff sound professional

beats ive made with pop structure:
soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/jordan-feat-jordan-massirman
soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/rainrider
soundcloud.com/yunghoneydew/biggie-lives
Beats I've made without:
all the other ones especially the Garbage Pale EP

i know, im being facetious as obviously such a ludicrous and borderline objectively incorrect opinion will get lubelessly fingered and raped by every single person on Sup Forums

It was dull. The instrumentals weren't creative nor memorable. Doom has good bars but the entire album sounded like him rapping over a bunch of throwaway Flying Lotus beats. His flow stayed pretty much the same throughout the album as well, which again contributed to the indistinct sound of many tracks. And most of them were under 2 minutes.

Curren$y is one of my favorite rappers. He regularly goes without hooks in his tracks so
>pop rap structure
has nothing to do with my lack of enthusiasm for Madvilliany

Key to the Kuffs exists.

why do you keep calling them instrumentals. are you talking about the actual instrumental songs or are you just retarded and don't know who madlib is?

>madlib sounds like flying lotus to him
>curren$y
10/10 excellently constructed trolling

You know exactly what I'm talking about and appealing to their producer's reputation isn't going to help your argument.

Madvilliany had some great tracks but as an album much of it is indistinct, 2minute filler. The second half was more entertaining than the first, which almost put me to sleep.

I'll give you that it'd be a better album without the skits, but I have no idea what you're on about Madlib sounding like Flylo. Two totally different sounds, not even close.

Pre-cosmogramma flying lotus, yes

Fuck you if you don't like spitta

The intro and other retro-superhero narrations were actually a nice touch IMO

its ok for you to like pop production like mask off or That Part or some shit. but if you can't appreciate the beats madlib produces, especially of consequence on this album when it was released, then you need to educate more

closest producer to flylo pre-cosmogramma is dan the automater on deltron 3030, gorillaz, etc. Madlib is completely different

>disagreeing with me means you like radio garbage

Yeah I get it was 2004 but IMO Madvilliany was pretty boring until Money Folder

>not liking accordian, meatgrinder, curls, rainbows
must be b8

Even Bistro is good and it's literally just DOOM talking shit about the album and doing an introduction.

But can't you argue that the reason everyone uses this structure is because it works and flows much better?

I honestly don't feel anything for either multi-sectioned prog pieces going up to 20 minutes, nor for 2 minute raps that is basically just one single very long verse with no interruptions.

Only popular artist that can pull off nonconventional song structures consistently is Radiohead, and even they sometimes go to their old and tried buildup to a crescendo they used on pretty much every song on OKC.
Also LCD SS maybe, if making the chorus 8-minutes long can be called interesting, but it does sometimes work.

>implying

Are you memeing or just being contrarian?

literally the worst doom album

wtf? I'm dead serious, Keys To The Cuffs is a legit 9/10 and *arguably* his best next to MM.. FOOD and Operation Doomsday.

Born Like This is also underrated af, it's at least better than that RIDICULOUSLY overrated Madvillainy.

well you're wrong. doomstarks is a better album and it hasn't been released

I love fall back titty fat

back to /r/eddit

but m mmuh instrumentals

youtube.com/watch?v=1lRlP28Y9cM

That beat change

>Unknown Pleasures is the best Joy Division album
>Closer kitties need not post

you

no