£60m

>£60m

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2012/10/16/could-soccer-stars-anelka-drogba-leave-china-empty-handed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gonna miss oscar :(

>ramires to china for £25m
>oscar to china for £52m

chelsea have found a wealthy benefactor for all their benchwarmers

Would be the greatest transfer of all time

>Boca got Tévez for free from Juventus
>now selling him for 50 million euros after 1 year
them chinks be trippin

does Boca get any of that money tho? It just seems like Tevez is going for maximum shekels, if he even ends up going

Yes, he has contract with Boca, the Chineses are paying Boca to break the contract, plus massive wages for Tévez

They can't keep getting away with this.

Who to replace him?

I don't want him to go.. ;_;

replace him? he's not even on the bench
more like replace pedro in the starting XI

James

Grease Man.

Probably Hames, but I hope not

Source for this?

I wonder what his wages will be, considering how much Hulk and Pelle are making ( I think they are 3rd and 6th best paid footballers in the world, respectively )

Now sign James

>even the chinese don't want rooney

Nice move for Oscar. He has been retired since 2014.

Allegedly it's going to be 300,000 per week, which should make him one of the top 10 players in the world.

It's going to be weird to see this happen more and more often in the future. I think the best players will always want to play for the elite clubs (say the top 15/20 richest in Europe because of the money, prestige, and CL), but mid-tier clubs are going to start getting gutted because Chinese teams can come along and offer Madrid/Barca/PSG-tier wages for mediocre players. So the gap is only going to increase between the richest European teams and all the others.

who /lifelong/ here?

>£60m
>£350k a week

wouldnt suprise me if the post roman chelsea 'fans' leave for them desu

Ok, you're definitely an ABC now if you don't want Oscar to go for £50 million, hell even £30 million would be a good price for him and that's far more.

>Allegedly it's going to be 300,000 per week

damn

Yes, you do. Chelsea can take that money and add it to their "Griezmann fund" for the summer. Now they can offer Atletico a world record fee like 140 million euros instead of "only" 70 or 80 million.

Front three of Hazard/Costa/Griezmann, Chelsea walk the league for the next three years. This Oscar thing is the best thing that could have possibly happened to >your team.

Media is reporting 350.000 GBP/week, not 300

damn. how many brazil gdp's is that?

Hope they don't sell him. Oscar is the comfiest player in Chelsea. I love the little bugger.

me neither senpai

Isco or Bernardo Silva

holy fuck. can't blame him for wanting to go.

China gonna BLOW THE FUCK UP the market as people become more intetested in football.
Lets say two chinese guys(current president of china LOVES football and creates a laws which support footie development in china) will play in one of european leagues. That will mean ~300 mln of chinese will watch this league. Estimate every chinese paid $1 to watch it.
Thats 300 000 000 dollars. Made in one weekend. From one country.
INSANE!

So, transfers up to 250-350mln will be real in ~20 years.

Also i dont follow epl, but isnt he key player of chelsea? At least in previous season?
He could be solid top-20 in europe, if he cared a little bit more. He is talented and skilled as fuck, i would say if he countinued to develop he could go to RM in few years, as a top-3 european ATM(#10)

140 million for Griezmann

nah red logo can't do it, even if their motto is good

>1 brit flag in this thread

scust

really makes you ponder

In my opinion griezman wouldn't fit-in in current system.

Except for the fact that Chinese clubs are notorious for reneging on contracts and not paying player wages. Remember this: blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2012/10/16/could-soccer-stars-anelka-drogba-leave-china-empty-handed/

Soon, there will be another incident where some chink owner decides to stop paying the 350k a week he promised some mediocre star, and since the Chinese government is basically useless in those kinds of disputes, it won't be resolved properly. Then, nobody in their right mind will move to China no matter how much in wages they claim to offer.

These inflated prices and wages won't last long, the league isn't well regulated and the owners will just fuck over their players whenever they feel like it.

>Lets say [something that isn't at all how football economics work]. INSANE!

ok bud
remember when Yao played in the NBA? that sure led to China wrecking established leagues with their huge, impactful signings, and not at all just overpaying washed up shitters looking for a retirement fund

Good to know China supports incest

>the chink bubble will burst lads trust me

football contracts are regulated by FIFA. If a player doesn't get paid for 3 months, he becomes free agent. If what you were saying was as serious as you make it out to be, there would be a mass of free agents returning from China, but there aren't.

MLS execs on suicide watch

>2012
4 years ago

this problem will go, you can clearly see how china obsessed with football today

>decides to stop paying the 350k
why would he?

>the league isn't well regulated
The regulations come with time and recently as i've heard on sports.ru in spring they're even discussing the wage-ceiling

also chinese are really rich by every defenition. they byuing clubs(milan, atm) as companies, they're buyin houses as individuals(110 000 millionaire chincks in SINGLE VACNOUVER, and abput the same in Melbourne)

>when Yao played in the NBA
1000 years ago?

China is:
1 is only developing. today TWICE more people have TV than in 2005
2 football is more popular in china
3 goverment really pushes football, forces companies to invest in clubs and forces clubs to have youth teams

Also maybe some of you know/heard, but 2nd(?) Portugal league got a min sponsor from China, so now every Portugal 2nd Division club is reqiuired to have one chinese player in the team

>but 2nd(?) Portugal league got a main sponsor

>why would he stop paying 350k a week?

because he can? because big name stars are a meme and don't draw crowds after the first year? because the chinese league is all about regional rivalries and most fans want to see their local players play and defeat their rivals and not foreigners eating away most of the team budget and wasting money that could be spend on academies and actually developing chinese talent and growing the sport that way

and most chinese are dirt poor and couldn't even afford a pound a year on a match ticket, the market isn't there and won't be there unless they have local stars to rally around

>and most chinese
they dont need most chinese

wealthiest 30% are ok

btw chinese people become richer and average salary is growing up

Rodiguez, Sanchez (if Arsenal is too stingy to pay his salary demand).

its not even close to 30%

its less than 1%

the superelites of china want to throw money at football because they think it will give them prestige and respect on the world stage, and it might actually work if they spent the money on developmental academies and educational programs for coaches and youth players who could then impact the chinese league and other leagues worldwide with their talent, and that would in turn generate interest on a large scale

giving ridiculous wages to players like Lavezzi and Oscar nobody in China gives a fuck about is the complete wrong way

just another misguided chinese government program supported by their wealthy billionaires who treat their country and their citizens as their own personal theme park

>football is more popular in china
no, it isn't.

>goverment really pushes football, forces companies to invest in clubs and forces clubs to have youth teams

Oh you mean like like Qatar? The country that "pushes football" so hard they're now hosting the fucking World Cup in addition to sponsoring dozens of top-tier teams? Wouldn't you say that's a slightly higher investment than a sponsorship with the fucking portuguese second division? And those guys sure ruined European top leagues by signing top players in their prime right?

Fuck off with your butthurt anti-west fantasies. Your chinky dink asian meme countries will never come close to rivaling the western world. No one who can play as a starter in a European top league will ever go to play in China.

>they spent the money on developmental academies and educational programs for coaches and youth players
they actually do
they included football in common school educational program, they even designer EDUCATIOAL BOOKS about foorball

>giving ridiculous wages to players like Lavezzi and Oscar
...is for making football more competitive and most omportants - more popular: chinese audience is interested to look at skilled starts, its not home-raised nonames, its a world stars!

>most fans want to see their local players

do you seriously believe that

people, from any country, want to see GOOD players, period.
if you were a real fan of a team and not an armchair football analyst you'd know that fans don't give a damn where their players come from, I couldn't care less if half of my team's squad was Argentinian, as long as they are good.

i said nothing about qatar
i dont care about them, they're just super rich and super crazy grotesque arabs. 'developng' football in their coumtry is kind of meaningles since popultaion is super small and country doesn't plan to be football nation and/or world hehemon

>ruined European top leagues
the same way ELP earlier ruined European football by rdicolous salaries

>Fuck off with your butthurt anti-west fantasies
whaaaaat?

>anti-west fantasies
wtf you bring here? i dont have any anti-west fantasies, but you seem to have a note and insane about it

>No one who can play as a starter in a European top league will ever go to play in China.
but they do

money, money is changing the world

and money doesnt ask your wish or permission, neither they do with me

>chinese audience is interested to look at skilled starts, its not home-raised nonames, its a world stars!

this is false though, chinese people are probably some of the most racist people on the planet, they hate foreigners. they would rather watch their "home-raised nonames" a thousand times over some overpaid south american and african internationals who have no connection to the club and the region the club comes from.

you are completely misunderstanding the cultural makeup of china. they don't care about skill, or "world stars" (lol at Lavezzi, Oscar, Pelle as world stats), they care about "their guys." They don't even like it when their local team signs Chinese from a different region of China.

>qatar didn't change the football landscape because they're just super rich arabs
>china will change the football landscape because "money is changing the world"

ok then

is accually Isco

>they would rather watch their "home-raised nonames" a thousand times over some overpaid
citation needed

i suppose they are just ordinary people, like you and me. all they want is 'bread and entertaiment'(russian proverb) - like any people

>They don't even like it when their local team signs Chinese from a different region of China.
citation needed

>We live in a time in which Messhit and Penaldo will probably get paid 1.5m/week in China before they retire

from the WSJ article i posted earlier in the thread

>Mr. Wilson also said that while international stars are bringing greater attention to China’s league, both from foreign and local fans, China’s league remains based around strong regional loyalties, and that is not something that is going away. He recalled attending a New Year’s fan party for Shenhua. When now-retired Shenhua player and Shanghai local Xie Hui got up to give a speech and announced he would only speak in the local Shanghai Chinese dialect, known as Shanghainese, the crowd went wild, according to Mr. Wilson.

>“It’s said that’s why the club doesn’t attract as many fans, there are only two Shanghainese [players] who are regulars, it’s been a while since they had a good local hero like Xie Hui, they haven’t had anyone like that for quite a few years now,” he said, adding, “[Soccer] is probably one of the few public vehicles for the expression of regionalism [in China].”

>one of the few public vehicles for the expression of regionalism [in China].”
>one of the few public vehicles for the expression of regionalism [in China].”

i said noth about quatar

i still cant get why you brought quatar into discussion
yea they're rich and brought(even if they didnt. prices would get higher because its ecomonic) some money(btw ronaldo, bale, higuain were not byght by qatar money), but they not gonna chacnge the scene like china involvemnet will do

>Shanghai
well Schanghai and Hong Kong are really very different and independed parts of china

but stars are stars anyway, they create headlines, attract new viewers inside country and attract attetntion to league from outside

but most of the teams, and the fans are located in these very different parts of china, and they want to see local players who represent their unique cultural makeup

these "stars" don't work in china like they might in other places, it doesn't generate ticket sales and it doesn't generate interest, at least not on the level you would expect from a 350k a week player

do you really think the average chinese knows or gives a fuck who Ezequiel Lavezzi is? they fucking don't.

>No one who can play as a starter in a European top league will ever go to play in China.

Liverpool bid 35 million pounds for Alex Texeira, he chose China.
Oscar would start for pretty much any mid-table club in the top leagues, so could Hulk.
Pelle was starting for Southampton.
Lavezzi couldn't start for PSG anymore but he would have been fine for any mid-table club in the top leagues.