PRINCE

Does Sup Forums like The Artist©?

What do you think his best album/era is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DV6Vuf7UbZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

:(

Overall, one of the absolute greatest artist ever. Dude was proficient at guitar and bass, probably piano too, could play in a lot of genres, was innovative for his time, had huge chart success, extremely influential, produced his albums, composed everything, plus he could dance and had insane stage presence and charisma. Just insanely talented dude overall.

I really dig his affairs with jazz-fusion. His N.E.W.S. album is imo really underrated and one of his best.

youtube.com/watch?v=DV6Vuf7UbZ4

>N.E.W.S.

I'm a huge Prince fan and that is one of the few albums I've never actually checked out. You're the first person I've heard say a kind word about it

The only bad album was Graffiti Bridge everything else is either great or amazing.
I hate myslef for not seeing him when I had the chance.

Graffiti Bridge is a great album

>Can't Stop This Feeling I Got
>New Power Generation pt1
>Elephants&Flowers
>We Can Funk
>Joy in Repetition
>Tick Tick Bang
>Thieves in the Temple

it's just that the movie is pure schlock...and the title track is one of Prince's weakest ever

Yup. For the most part the Prince tracks are good to go. The tracks by the associated acts, however, are pretty damn weak.

DEFINITELY one of my favorites as well as one of the absolute best. And although im not the biggest fan of the Batman Soundtrack or Around the World in a Day "Prince" - "Come" is almost flawless

He's very hit or miss with me.
But when he hits, ooooo boy does he hit.

My favorite has always been The Undertaker. It's so simple yet it still blows me away every listen

Come the song or album? I've always felt like I'm one of that album's few advocates. At the time of its release Prince himself didn't even seem too proud of it and dismissed it as simply a contractual obligation to Warner Bros of songs he'd been playing live for a few years

Never saw anyone mention it here. It's Prince going ambient/jazz-fusion, it kind of sounds like proto-vaporwave at times. Really chill stuff.

Yeah I just listened to the whole thing. North and South were fuckin tight

Contrarian opinion: pic related is my favourite Prince album

Easy there buster you're gonna have to explain that opinion if you want to keep posting.

Fuck this is incredible. Straight up blues/funk live jam recorded all in one take.

..,Honky Tonk Women?? Jesus, This shit might already be in my Top 10 Prince albums and I'm not even done with a full listen

One of my favorite artists and a huge influence on me as a musician. He's very hit or miss for me but I still appreciate his musicianship.

Holy shit did not know about this. I love Prince's guitar playing, this is like a wet dream. He almost channels Hendrix in this.

I just posted this to the sharethread if anybody is interested

Thank you so much man

Owwwahh

i dont like him

Why not?