The more people talk about one show the less I wanna watch it

The more people talk about one show the less I wanna watch it.
Does it happen to you too, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeAversion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watching it right now, Nancy's plot sucks RIP Barb

no

No, because I don't base my opinions and they way I lead my life on what people say on a chinese image board

That's valid. Something doesn't get thrown in your face constantly unless it enables normies. And something doesn't enable normies unless it's "low ceiling of quality" pleb-o-vision.

So it happens to you, moron.

yeah but hey she's hot

No, because I'm not an underaged edgy contrarian teen.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeAversion

>I am a mature adult because I like what everybody else tells me to like without hesitation.

I can't watch anything that I see having a thread on reddit.
If it gets too many upvotes, I have to stop watching or I feel sick.

No. I do enjoy them the most when I discover them on my own, though.

Depends. If they actually talk about story and characters and stuff, then I'll actually be interested. If all people talk about is memes, then I want to avoid it.

>browsing reddit
You're part of the problem, faggot.

>redditropes

Barb? I guess..

Yeah. 9 times out of 10 it usually means the show is made to appeal to the dumb normie masses and has general pleb sensibilities. It really sucks if the hype only suddenly happens halfway through a series' run. That's why I've never gone past season 3 of Breaking Bad.

Yes. I typically wait until the annoying hype dies down, and that's when I watch the series and judge it for myself.

I hate it when a show grows in popularity, and the quality drops as a result in order to pander to normies. I remember watching Game of Thrones when it aired 5 years ago, it was comfy as fuck. Now I can't stand the show. I hate the fanbase, the hashtags, the "memes" and all that resulted in what is now a godawful series.
Does anybody else feel this way?

congratulations, you're a hipster

Ignored the hype really I watched it but steered clear of the threads before and after.

I enjoyed it for what it was but I have no interest in discussing it at length especially as its the sort of show that breeds autistic tinfoil

Sup Forums has it's own subreddit, maybe you should fuck off because your post is Reddit related

Game of Thrones was never not "normie". Sounds like when it started you were a normie and now you are elite.

yes, which is why i was lucky to get out in front of it in this case, because it's a very good show

If someone IRL recommends me to watch/do something it will usually make me less keen to see/do it.

It's one of my worse qualities as a person.

No, you fucking faggot. If you read what the OP statement says, that's what my greentext translates to. Your greentext is baseless and just proves you're a fucking moron. I'd recommend you end yourself

>Your greentext is baseless
My greentext is based on facts and with every word you type you are only lending substance to my accusations.

UUUGH IM OP IM A YOUNG CONTRARIAANNN PLEASE HELP MEEE *shits all inside my pants and fills my pants*

It might have never been "not normie" but the quality certainly dropped, thanks to the popularity and pandering.
>Season 1
Pseudo-historical drama about noble houses scheming against each other. Action, gore and fantasy elements take a major back seat to politics, dialogue and neat character moments. There are no battle scenes or magic, literally is a political thriller set in a semi-fantastical world. Daenerys is like a child and most of the women would get killed without protection.
>Season 2
Same as above, but viewing figures increase. We now have a battle scene with Stannis, and there is slightly more action. Deviates further from books. Daenerys, Arya, et al. showing signs of stronk womyn.
>Season 3-4
Viewing figures increase further. Red wedding, the shock of killing off major characters blows up and becomes viral. Talk shows, le reaction videos, etc. Stronk womyn syndrome
>Season 5
Sex scenes increase, more shocking deaths, killing off of male characters in favor of stronk womyn. Plots go no where and very little scenes of intrigue.
>Season 6
Show is literally now tits and dragons.

skip it

I was talking to a coworker, and he said he saw and liked it and asked if I was gonna watch it

"well, I just don't think I'd..."

and then suddenly I thought FUCK IT I CAN WATCH ONE GOD DAMN SHOW SO I CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT WITH ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.

"...you know what FUCK IT. I promise I'll watch the whole season by next week and we'll talk about it. even if I hate it, I can get through eight episodes of something"

IT IS NOT GOOD. this show should have been an 88 minute movie, not an eight episode series

and don't go in expecting retro 80s fun. the show is shot like a david fincher movie mixed with a shitty horror movie FROM NOW. not a retro throwback horror movie. a shitty NOW horror movie.

and I didn't think the kids were very good BUT they're a shit ton better than the teenage characters. watching the teenagers sulk made me feel like I was watching a twilight movie

and the finale was like cutting between game footage of Halo and Resident Evil. no, that does not sound good

but I'm not going to be a dick. I'll tell my work-friend that it was "pretty decent even though I'm not into horror stuff" and that "I'm glad I watched it because it's different from what I usually watch"

>Nancy's plot sucks
Agreed.

I loved the kids, though.

just when I found they are shills.

I have seen threads with 2 or 3 responses recommending something and when I checked it out it was really nice, those are the threads I trust the most.

The show was pandering from the get go. In season 1. Throwing sex at the screen to stop people from getting bored. The real reason for the decline is the fact that the source material went downhill and then ran out. It is true that the show has more platantly pandering scenes now like any time Tyron appears for no reason other than to give "funny meme dwarf" comedy relief but the pandering is a symptom rather than a cause.

I pretty much vet my Sup Forums here. Rather know what I am getting into.

I just finished Boardwalk Empire, and holy fuck I'm surprised no one mentions this show. It's comfy as fuck and makes so much fucking sense.

>"I learned a long time ago, not to take things personally"

Such simple, pragmatic logic behind that.

>I pretty much vet my Sup Forums here
Big mistake. That's how you end up watching a mediocre show like Boardwalk Empire because some unsophisticated video game kiddies got impressed.

Its not that good OP, dont bother

Fair enough.

>likes Sup Forums culture
>likes Boardwalk Empire

I don't know why I come here to talk with you Mongoloids.

Stranger Things is a good show.

>I'm surprised no one mentions this show.

There were constant threads when it was on.
But, you know, it ended in like 2014, and the last couple of seasons weren't even that AMAZING.

Literally every peson who enjoyed Stranger Things here is in the wrong place and would be more at home on reddit.
>thinking a pro-enjoyment nostalgia show is in line with the Sup Forums sensibilities
loving every laugh. This is a board about crushing people. Not giving them a warm feeling with le 80s manchild time.

>this board is about

This board is about nothing, it's all autistic trends that persist for around 6 months until something new comes up, and all "memes" are just attempts to start new trends, or the referencing of old trends.

Don't start coming here during the fappening or whatever and think you have idea what Sup Forums is.

Not every show has to be AMAZING. BWE was alright, I enjoyed it. I am glad they did not try to make the last season into something more than it was.

It happened to me with most Netflix shows. Once everybody started praising House of Cards it just didn't make me wanna watch just to blend in with everybody else.

I have been here since 2007 for at least 6 hours every single day. I am this board. Instrinsically tied to the Sup Forums sensibilities. There are levels of prevailing ideology on this board that go right over your head.

>marvels at the """"""pragmatism"""""" of 'nothing personnel, kid'

Dude there is literally nothing wrong with Stranger Things. Literally not a single thing.

Are you a child? Stop letting other people, especially on Sup Forums, influence your decisions and likes.

>You will never spend 2.25 years time shitposting about crappy television shows like boardwalk empire

Without even entering into the writing, from an ideological/political standpoint there is a great deal wrong with it.

Nerd culture should be crushed, not enabled.

Nostalgia should be crushed, not enabled

Entertainment should be crushed, not enabled.

I know you look at a show like Stranger Things and see "le fun comfy show" and your hotpocket gets activated, but Stranger Things is indicative of everything that is keeping the white race infantile and pathetic.

Uh huh.
The prevailing ideology was spamming threads about the The Dark Knight, and then spamming Summer Glau, and then spamming SK, and then spamming threads about Watchmen, and then spamming threads about LOST, and then spamming threads about tripfags, and then spamming threads about Avatar, and then spamming threads about 12 year old girls, and then spamming threads about Bane, etc.

There is no ideology. It's always been stupid and shit.
You're 14 years old.
Never, ever, ever speak again.

>Entertainment should be crushed, not enabled.

You see the text, but your non-neurotypical programming prevents you from getting to that all important level of subtext. Watchmen, pedophilia, Avatar, Lost, Nolan and Bane are all very political subjects. You can choose to simply giggle at the meme pictures or you could use your brain.

Entertainment is what is sending the white race hurtling towards extinction.

>Nolan and Bane are all very political subjects.
For you.

>taking this shit board this seriously
i feel pity for you m8

I've never giggled at anything, except people like you.

And I pity you, adult video game player.

>Entertainment is what is sending the white race hurtling towards extinction.

M-me neither senpai.

You're probably 15 years old and have just discovered philosophical writings, ideological manuscripts etc. and are cruising for 'smart' entertainment. You probably just started using the word "pragmatic" this month.

You shouldn't be watching television for education, you should be watching it for entertainment. You probably think the vast majority of people are too dense to appreciate intelligent shows but the truth is the vast majority of people aren't lazy shits like you and read for their education--they don't watch TV.

>muh bread and circuses

The individuals in these images are what happens when the entertainment sensilities are unchecked and media like Stranger Things is allowed to carry out its influence to its ultimate conclusion. Entertainment is the path to autism. Autism is the path to virginity. White male virginity is the path to race mixing. Race mixing is the path to white genocide.

I only want to watch it because I heard it's got something to do with Dungeons & Dragons, but I'm too cheap to pay for Netflix and too lazy, yes literally too lazy to bother torrenting it.

>a majority of people
>read
"No."

You shouldn't be doing anything for entertainment. All entertainment is inherently destructive.

Through suffering comes strength.

I am 28.

No it's dipshit 15 year olds like you trying to seem smart but making it really goddamn obvious that you aren't and then doing nothing to actually become smart, instead just saying 'fucking ignorant degenerate masses' and thinking everyone around you is a doorknob except yourself.

And get off the internet for fucks sake. You're doing a great job of saving the white race from your parent's house, idiot.

>The individuals in these images are what happens when the entertainment sensilities are unchecked
Thats funny because the guy with the fucking helmet and sword in the second image is Rob Darken from Graveland who literally said this:

>"Contemporary culture, art and religion show the society the pleasure and appropriateness of consumerism. Race mixing is very important factor in this play. Racially mixed society is more stupid and easier to manipulate."

Which sounds an awful lot like your post here.

Are you employed?

if the answer is no you should consider suicide

maybe you should fucking watch the show instead of bitching on Sup Forums
everytime you want to come here and post, instead, watch a show or a movie
and don't post

>>"Contemporary culture, art and religion show the society the pleasure and appropriateness of consumerism. Race mixing is very important factor in this play. Racially mixed society is more stupid and easier to manipulate."

The sentiment is correct but this man is a hypocrite if he professes to be anti-autism while also being in a band that plays the most pro-non-neurotypicality genre of music on the planet.

if this thread is role play and satire then i guess is a pretty good one
the edginess is cutting me deep

The irony.

These are your peers retard. The only peoeple who care about "saving the white race" are dudes who play with swords in the woods.

I don't care about the pretensions they hold. Under my rule these "peers" would be sentenced to death just as swiftly as the video game players for crimes of degeneracy.

>Under my rule
Roleplaying belongs on /x/

This.

I've been working on an idea for a Sup Forums thread on /qst/.

this is so sad

agreed, I fast fast forwarded all of nancy's bullshit except the final episode

Yeah I'll probably never watch Breaking Bad

dunno why doesn't matter if people are saying it's good or bad, just having a lot of people talk about it makes me not want to watch it

you're a fucking idiot stormnigger. Tell me, what grand ideals should we all be suffering for? What is the glorious future you envision for the white race?

Humanity is an insignificant blot on a insignificant rock floating in the endless radioactive void of a meaningless universe.

We're all going to die. None of it matters. We might as well be comfy and entertained in the meantime.

>Video games are degenerate, you should be more like me who spends 6 hours a day for the past 9 years on a shit board on a Nepalese vomit stain website

What the fuck are you babbling about? Nobody has posted anything about video games in this whole thread you fucking retard

My response was meant for

I feel the same way about GoT, Breaking Bad and all the other normie shows.

>nihilist
>has the gall to post a strawman macro debasing another anonymous poster
fucking kek

Every time I see an edgy nihilist

>all nonvirgins are cucks
Literally the polar opposite of the general sentiments espoused on Sup Forums

Nope. I'm not a pretentious contrarian hipster cunt, like you.

seriously though what is this guy doing on Sup Forums if he thinks all entertainment is degeneracy?

>not realizing painfully obvious b8 from an underage summerfag
You all legitimately disappoint me

I would imagine he was espousing his views on entertainment being degeneracy.

Or maybe he's hoping to see something that changes his mind; clinging to hope.

fuck if I care

Or maybe he was trolling.

Maybe he's not even real.

Maybe.

What is wrong with pragmatism?

Are you fucking retarded?

Why are you on Sup Forums instead of working towards your great ambitions then?

What will you do after you achieve your ambitions? You earn a million dollars for a reason, to spend it on a hedonistic lifestyle, to give to charity or just because you are autistic and accumulating capital is more of a hobby, whatever your reason there is a motive behind it and usually that motive is as petty as entertainment.

Yeah it happens with a lot of things. I'd rather die than ever give Sherlock, Dr Who, Stephen Universe or whatever else people babble about a shot.

But sometimes you should just give things a try even if you think the fanbase is obnoxious. I felt that way about Rick and Morty, because everyone and their dog was talking about this stupid show. But I finally looked at a few clips on youtube and i was immediately hooked. Same went for Game of Thrones and now Stranger things. Watch the first episode and see if you're interested.

>this much self esteem

>sex scenes increase
>show is literally now tits and dragons

The screentime given to sex scenes and nudity has decreased as the show has gone on, user.