/synth general/

Can anyone tell me what kind of synth this is? Here's the video it's from youtube.com/watch?v=upy7fqehzX8&t=3s

Also synth general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s_oq9Ty8azE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it looks like an akai. who knows?

>my pic = unrelated

This is dope. My guess would be an m-audio since i had one with similar buttons on the left.

Should I buy a microkorg?

I wouldn't, the keys are absolute shit.

It looks like this, right? Is this what yours looked like?

2nd

Yeah, that's it.

post your synths

>australia

In the market for a poly synth. Unfortunately there isn't really a second hand market where I live do shipping is a bitch.

Noice

how do you like them mini keys
tfw I could have gotten a dx7 for $225 but I passed on it

The mini format didn't bother me at first when I was mostly twiddling knobs. Now that I've had it for a while it's kinda annoying for playing, but tolerable. I would also have liked the jacks to be 6.35mm because when I got long cables running to amps or other equipment, the sockets don't feel super strong.

For a while some guy has been trying to sell a dx27 around 250, missing a few knobs though and I dunno how keen I am to dive into FM just yet.

This popped up in the guitar general yesterday

>Should I buy a microkorg
I have one. It's a good synth but there are better synths out there for the same amount of money.
Also this is unfortunately true

Current setup. Also just bought a Tascam 4 track to record to cassette tapes. Btw, anybody have any good synth recipes/subtractive synthesis guides?

Is that a Korg MS-20 mini?

The Monologue criminally underrated.
I owned a lot of cheap synths, analog and digital and this is my favorite so far.
It sounds huge and versatile af, hope Korg doesn't forget about it and releases some firmware updates to make it perfect

Yes

These MS-20s are quite expensive. I'd buy one tbch.

Yeah. Not sure what they're going for second hand but that might be worth a look.

+ shitty Oxygen 25key controller. I also add a Devi Ever Cherry Pop Fuzz and analog delay to the output.

Best synth reviewer: youtu.be/s_oq9Ty8azE

the mini is dirt cheap and sounds practically the same. its worth dealing with minikeys imo. the ms20 was never an instrument for toccatas anyway. more like experimentation and freaky electronic sounds