What do you guys do for a living?

What do you guys do for a living?
Do you enjoy it or are you doing it just to get by in life?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/as-skill-requirements-increase-more-manufacturing-jobs-go-unfilled-1472733676
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Motorsport photographer.

I don't make a lot of money, but I love the job. My wife is the breadwinner really. (Mechanical Engineer)

CNC operator, pay is good enough, kinda boring.

I need some career advice, bros.

I've been working in a restaurant place for a few years now and its finally getting to me. I make great tips, but fucking hell I just can't stand my coworkers anymore. They have all been there longer than I have and they are slowly all going crazy.

I've been looking for a new job and I have found some for receptionist positions. The pay is slightly lower than what I make at the restaurant though. But I feel like working at the hospitals/office will make my resume look better. All I have is some college experience and a few years of restaurant experience, so I'm just wondering if I should just quit the restaurant that pays more and work somewhere else that pays less, that "MIGHT" help me in the future?

I mean does a receptionist sound/look more pleasing than a server?

Mosport Photog here. Do what makes you happy. Money won't make you happy, sanity will.

If you're looming for good money but not the bullshit of waiting tables, look into pizza delivery. I was making around $25 an hour to drive around and listen to music. Best part time job you'll have.

$25 an hour for delivering pizza? Which country is that?

Southern California.

$10 an hour + tips.

I'd work about 4-5 hours an evening and come home with $60 in cash.

Bamp

A friend of mine does pizza delivery, he never ever gets tips, we live in Melbourne Australia, im pretty sure his uncle gives him $50 to work for the night so thats pretty good stuff

I always forget that it's only Amerifat where tipping is a normal thing.

My biggest advice really is enjoy what you're doing. You can survive on a lot less income than you think, so chasing that dollar won't always be the optimal career path.

I worked at a local fruitshop for $12 an hour, i had to quit because the boss started getting death threats sent to him and they mentioned something about me

FBI Agent, fucking hate it!

Electrical engineer, specifically chip engineering.
Not my first choice but it's kind of fun

So she's fat then

she's fkin HUGE m8, but i like it. I fk her belly button coz her pussy won't fit my massive dick

Software Engineer, OP's pic is related

pics pls.

I have a chubby/T H I C C fetish thanks to /fit/

We both are. Don't care.

Feign mental disorder.
Get money from government.
Spend free time writing.

Working in film, just starting out, pay is meh but it's enough, and work is hard but i love it

Any productions/houses we'd be familiar with?

I'm 35 years old and I stock shelves in Whole Foods at night. Before that I stocked shelves at another grocery store from the time I dropped out of high school until they fired me. I also live with my sister and her husband because I can't afford to live on my own. Kill me.

I'm a tattoo artist.

£80/ph plus tips sometimes but part goes to studio rental. If you have the bookings you can get a few hundred a day.

I work when I want and draw a lot. Best job ever.

I fuck male nuns.
It's more of a calling than a job.

your life is pathetic holy shit

At least I can escape in video games and Sup Forums

Chemical engineer, 10 years exp, excellent pay but boring work. Plans, specs, protocols and reports. All day. I focus on my private life to stay sane. What sucks about engineering is that most of us in the corporate world stay in middle management. The senior managers hate you, the workers hate you too.

I mean, most of us do that and are successful. Aspire to be more, user.

or you get your FUCKING SHIT together and move out with your sister who is doing this out of pity you fucking 35 year old fuck

Engineer designing heating, ventilation and sprinkler systems. Been doing it since 2007. At this point I'm just doing it to get by.

Actually her husband is s loser. He's 38 and works at Taco Johns

I'm a dressmaker (a girl, trying to start my own thing). I fucking love my job (even tho I don't make much) but hate the clients. They're either fat old ladies or fat teenagers who want to look like supermodels.

That's going to be the majority of your clientele. Find the positives in it or you will burn out.

TIG welding and general metal fabrication. While I do really love welding, working for a company sucks some of the fun out if it. Someday I'd like to get by having my own small shop doing repairs and small runs. It's a very rewarding skill and the pay is pretty good. Hard fuckin work though.

26, left school with nothing, no qualifications, fucked up in the first year of a college I was extremely lucky to get into.

Went from shit job to shit job until I got lucky and got a semi decent job working for the government.

Now a trainee IT "engineer" fixing computers in a workshop and learning more all the time. The pay isn't great at the moment but it's the best I've had in any job so far, and I get a review every 3 months.

Life can get better if you want it to, I went from a complete and total fuck up in every aspect, to a tolerable level of fuck up and I aspire to be less of a fuck up every tomorrow.

I have a great gf of almost 8 years, my own place, my dream car and I eat well every day. Can't ask for more than that at the moment.

Purchaser for a national resource and infrastructure company.
Not my passion.. Just comfortably getting by.

My passion was personal finances but I became disillusioned with the glut of fucktarded people in the world.
I could plan out great ways for people to get ahead in life (even do pro bono work for lower income families) and they would fuck it all up within a few months.

I quit after a legal dispute when a client went against my advice and leveraged themselves illegally using their equity line of credit and blamed me for having explained what leveraging was.
Didn't matter that I had explained it in a negative light.

Also two recessions in a row fuckin hurt.

I wish I had a better purpose in life and could help lift up me fellow man.. But they're mostly crabs in a bucket and their own worse financial enemies.

im a mural painter
48 y,o,
anywhere from 70 to 100.000 euros or more depending how much i chase after jobs or not.
no education other than high school..

What kind of jobs did you have before?

Also this is me. Do you have any advice for a person like me?

Says the guy who is supported by his wife.

Go teach English in Asia or something, Christ. You can make decent money and fuck some Asians while you're at it.

Not the same guy. Fruit stand man and photog aren't correlated.

Well, the vast majority of jobs are in shitty retail/restaurant sectors, so there's not much else in the US to go around.

^this. Schools there prefer of you don't know the native language so the students are forced to use english.

I dont even want to say, but I dont make enough

All the time I dream of moving somewhere cheaper to live, get a shitty job doing anything and it will let me get by.

I had a fully furnished apt in rural Oklahoma for $200 a month. I did about 20 hrs a week at Pizza Hut and had enough to enjoy myself.

Move to the plains. The more rural, the better.

I'm a field technician for a geotechnical engineering company. I make a whopping $15 an hour. I like my job but sometimes it's hard to pay the bills

IT Manager for a decade now. Didn't mind it at first. Barely tolerate it now. I do it for the money. If I could do anything to make a living, I'd either be a fiction author or play in a band. I do both already, but they are both just hobbies.

I train horses, on the side I teach lessons and manage barns/horse shows. I like the animals just not the kids or their parents. Comfy enough, can pay for my car and horse and have enough for some vidya.
In school for civ engineering.

Keep at it. My hobbies now pay the bills (kinda)

I know, but its hard when my job doesnt transfer anywhere else and right now I make good benefits.
I want to go all the way to Alaska.
It doesnt get cheaper than 1k$ a month on rent anywhere where I live.

Thanks man. I've been thinking recently about taking my writing more seriously. My band is doing well and I take it very seriously, but we are new on the local music scene and fully realize that we have a very long way to go before it could ever make any real money for us.

by trade i pack figs. but i was injured on the job a few weeks ago. a pallet of figs crushed my ankle believe it or not. have worker's comp etc.

but i've been getting into sculpting in my down time... i sold some of my sculptures for a few hundred already because my friend runs an art gallery. now i think this might be something i want to do full time.

wondering for the first time if i even give a fig.

Nice

at my warehouse everyone would hate you for losing safe days.
There has been 3 injuries since I started 3 years ago and every time I am mad.

insurance agent, I don't mind. I do it for the moneys

Just keep at it. I was shooting friends cars for fun, which led me to autocross events that got me the portfolio I needed to do it professionally. It wasn't necessarily trying really hard to get to where I am, but my skill that carried me into a good position.

Tile and electrical trades. Love it and pays really well

I'm a graduate student and TA. I love teaching. I'm going to try academia and if that doesn't work out I'm doing K-12. I teach composition in an English department.

System/Network administrator

Love it!

I'm a construction worker.
Can't complain, it can be tough as fuck sometimes, but i like challenges.
Pays relatively good once you know your shit.

Learning to become a software developer though, as being a hard physical worker fucks you up after 10-20 years.

I also help out with my mom's company.

I really enjoy the progress i'm making with my life, considering i used to be a lazy stoner trash, but now i don't even have time to socialize (except with colleagues).

That's awesome bro. I'd enjoy that myself, honestly. Thanks for the kind words!

I work in video post-production/vfx mainly doing compositing.

Lots of tight deadlines and late nights trying to get things done and the pay is average, but it's pretty fun. More importantly it's the only thing I'm even remotely skilled in so it's either that or some menial, insufferably boring zero-qualifications job.

insurance adjuster

innit for d'cash only

fuck this industry

>Do you enjoy it or are you doing it just to get by in life?

That counselor phrase, "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" is total BS.
If the job was that fun, they wouldn't pay you to do it.

I write CAD software for designing microchips.
I find the technology interesting,
but it's not like I look forward to going in to work everyday.
Plus, since most USA-born people are unmotivated shitheads,
the field is populated by Indians and Chinese.
They're not bad people, but I don't have jack shit in common with them
so it's not like work is buddy time.

>producer
>currently producing a touring live theater show
>work from home, no commute
>$95,000 USD for about 7 months of work.
>in year 4
>living the dream

Retail management
55k a year plus 5k bonus
Have good opportunities to climb in the company if I want. 100k a year jobs.

Never planned to make a career out of it, and don't particularly enjoy it. But it's alright, has it's good days and bad days. I couldn't live the lifestyle I do without it, so I don't complain too much.

Best of luck to you!

System analyst, pay is goid and i get to sit at computer 8h a day. Its not bad, but i can for sure say im not happy with it.

>the vast majority of jobs are in shitty retail/restaurant sectors, so there's not much else in the US to go around

>wsj.com/articles/as-skill-requirements-increase-more-manufacturing-jobs-go-unfilled-1472733676
>As Skill Requirements Increase, More Manufacturing Jobs Go Unfilled
>Number of open positions highest in 15 years, with many workers not possessing skills to do today’s jobs

lol, keep lying to yourself, unqualified losers

Grow medical marijuana

I have no boss, I wake up when I feel like it and I never have to worry about being fired.

Life is good

>wsj

people of the land of america, its the mexicans that took your jobs, you need to build a great wall to protect your country

Exactly.
The fuckin' Wall Street Journal, shitheads

Trucker Sup Forumsro here. Hate it. Been driving these for 11 years. Now married with 3 kids, home most weekends. Still miss a lot of the stuff with kids. Looking for something else but no real experience doing anything.

Left college and didn't complete it, ended up training in butchery under someone who eventually ended up in a mental hospital, many stories for a different thread.

After that I worked in a PC repair shop and didn't get paid unless I basically walked out, only then would I get paid only half of what I was owed. That went on for a while until it turned to shit and closed down.

After that I worked at a supermarket stocking shelves. Was ok until one of the managers got on my nerves and I flipped. Got fired.

Worked as a baker of sorts for £15 a night, worked 2-3 am, went home, slept for 2 hours, went back to finish the bread. Was a horrible job for shit pay.

Then went back into butchery and worked for another psycho. Lasted a year before leaving with nothing to even go to.

Worked for the government servicing medical equipment after that, no idea how I got that job at all, but I wouldn't have the job that I do now without it.

Now I do what I always wanted to do, with cool guys and all we do is talk shit, fix computers, laugh and drink coffee all day.

There was some other bad times between jobs but no need to get into them. Point is you get out what you put in in life, and it's pretty good at the moment and only getting better.

I'm a mail carrier decent pay make about 50k a year best part of the job is I'm by myself all day so I browse Sup Forums all day while working

"merchandising manager"

90% of the time sitting in front of a computer fucking off.

boring but decent $$$. certainly not my dream job......

>I never have to worry about being fired.
No. You have to worry that Jeff Sessions will send the FBI and DEA to throw flash-bang grenades through your windows in the middle of the night.

what i did before was look at document scans and prep them at a insurance company. i liked that i got like three breaks, one at 9;30, lunch break one hour and then a after noon break 2:30. i got into a car accident driving home from my friend's house. the place was open to advancement.

I'm not big enough for any federal agency to care about. At the end of the day the feds raid medical marijuana business because they can get huge sums of money. They come through and take all your cash and anything you have that could be considered valuable. They book and then release you but they don't charge you. If you try to fight to get your money or things back THEN they charge you. See if they don't charge you it never goes to court. If it never goes to court they can make all kinds of money dissappear from the books of what they seized.

This is standard operating procedure in the medical marijuana community. I know over a dozen large scale commercial growers who had every penny and possession taken through civil asset forfeiture and not one of them has ever seen a court room.

Tits or gtfo

I haven't been working for the last two months and all I want to do is die.

U first big boy ;)

I'm not a femanon , what happened to the old Sup Forums where tits would be demanded

There's a thousand and one faggots trying to do this, it's not that easy especially without a TEFL qualification.

Old Sup Forums died many years ago user.

Mechanical engineer designing medical equipment. Small company, pay is somewhat decent, very interesting and lots of different stuff to do.
Can't complain.

Currently im fucking your mom with my big nigger Dick....... its part time tho.

This is the new Sup Forums, where le-redditors come when their precious site is down, femininazis come to attack the patriarchy, and furries and trap faggots come to spew their rhetoric all over the board like a vegan who is in a crowd with a megaphone.

I hate this Sup Forums, but I'm also not 16 anymore, I'm 32. I just have to look past all the bananas, cucks, and Nicki sixxes to find decent threads that remind me of a better time.

You sound like a kid who's pretty proud of all the x's he fit into his gamertag.

That /b was never good :(

Sup Forums WAS never good, but it was better than this a decade ago. I miss Mootykins.

Get a degree?

I like working on a grain farm.

Seriously? Why?

I run an app development company, before that i helped run a brokerage, before that i ran an esports merchandise shop, before that ebay, before that working in a cafe, before that selling candy at school.

I worked in a cafe from the age of 17 to 21. It made me realize i never want a boss again, and i don't want to spend my life working my ass off making someone else rich.

I'm 25 soon. And although every other aspect of my life has suffered I should be hitting 20k a month soon.

Once im rich af i can start to rebuild the neglected parts of my life.

barman/supervisor for weatherspoons
shit job, not good at anything else, useless degree

I envy your enthusiasm

Useless degree, while working horrible part time jobs. Did post graduate degree anyway. Did a PhD.

Now a Professor, actually. 35 yrs.