What brand of rum would Sup Forums recommend for a beginner drinker looking to make some rum and coke tonight...

What brand of rum would Sup Forums recommend for a beginner drinker looking to make some rum and coke tonight? thank you!!!

Bacardi 151

The cheapest rum available. You won't have developed an ability to appreciate more expensive rums and you're drowning it in coke anyway so don't waste your money on expensive shit.

Sailor Jerry. Not expensive, and has nice vanilla, toffee, and subtle cherry notes that blend very well coke. Great in Dr Pepper as well.

sailor jerry, it's smooth enough to drink alone...but a lot prefer to have it with cola

Any dark and/or spiced rum you can find.

>you're drowning it in coke anyway so don't waste your money on expensive shit.
This.

lol'd

Captain morgan 1871
smooth as fucc

Always Sailor Jerry over Captain Morgan every day. Kraken is nice occasionally. IF those are too sweet for you try an aged rum like appleton estate or ron zacapa

Just get bacardi gold, spiced rums are kind of terrible for rum n cokes in my opinion

Ron Zacappa isn't supposed to be mixed. WTF

Drink Kraken or Pyrat straight or rocks. No cola required.

/thread

Jesus fuck, man. When I went to Vegas last year, they had one of those places that sells the adults slushes, you know the kind of place if you've been there. Anywhere, for all their slushes that contained rum, they used 151. They also sell you an extra shot for 1$, which I had to get, because I'm an alcohol Jew and know that a shot is gonna cost me like 5$ anywhere else.

Had to have been like 4oz total of 151, in one fucking drink. That's completely fucking nuts.

1 vote for Bundaberg, from the land down under

Sunny D and rum, yum yum

pussy

Whatever you do don't get Bacardi black. One of the nastiest rums available

I reiterate: IN ONE DRINK.

I had more than one. It's just nuts to put that much in a single goddamn drink.

Bacardi in general is pretty nasty.

What kind of little bitch question is this? Are you 12? Just have a fucking drink lad

i tend to make mixed drinks in basically a pint glasses, and its usually 50/50 booze/mixer cuz alcoholic. which i guess not seeing why youre seeing that drink as odd kinda says something...

ST. VINCENT -- sunset rum
I would mix it though. I found a bottle at my LCBO and got right fucked off of around 8oz

sailor jerry is a meme rum for poseurs.

captain morgan is good in a rum and coke. kraken is too good for a rum and coke. bacardi is lousy but not bottom shelf.

>What kind of little bitch question is this? Are you 12? Just have a fucking drink lad

Pick up some mini bottles of spiced, gold, and white rum to see which you prefer. I prefer white because I don't like spiced or vanilla-tinted cola, but a lot of people like spiced.

For spiced, Sailor Jerry. For gold and white Bacardi is a fine mixer. Don't go super cheap like Trader Joe's Rum of the Gods. That shit is nasty, and yes you can tell even when mixed with cola.

Large yeti. 1 liter titos vodka and top off with Sosa water. 2x per night.
Also alcoholic

Captain Morgan is not technically a rum, read the label. Whereas, Sailor Jerry is a good rum, as is Kraken (Kraken is too good to mix though, you're right).

Meant 1/2 liter

i'm talking about the taste. you're putting sailor jerry which tastes like cough syrup at $35 a bottle into your coke? get over yourself memelord.

this is what we drink in queensland, australia. other rums can be nice for a change but this is the go-to.

Matusalem is nice, smooth and not that expensive.

This. A Cuba Libre ain't a cocktail where you should worry about quality

behold, the alcoholics party drink.
4 rums, 3 whiskeys, 2 vodkas, and tequila. about 60/40 concoction with coke and some ice. in about the biggest cup i could find. and that bitch got refilled 3 times that night.

This

Why the faggot cup?

where the fuck is your dumbass paying $35 a bottle for jerry? i get handles around here for $28

"in about the biggest cup i could find"

L2read

Red Leg
It's pretty rounded and tastes pretty good.

Kek

Kraken all the way, ive tried Sailor Jerry and it kinda tastes like floor cleaner

If you like it sweet then Old J is cheap as chips and tastes great, strong vanilla and lime taste. For experienced rum drinkers it tastes like Sailor Jerry before they changed the recipe.

Ron Barcelo is a great rum too.

Buckeye spiced gold is without a doubt the cheapest, best rum to mix with coke, failing that any of the below are also good:
Captain Morgan
Sailor Jerry
Kraken
Brinley gold shipwreck
Foursquare (bit of a whiskey bastard)

2edgy4me

Did I mention anywhere in that post about mixing Sailor Jerry? That's right, retard, I didn't. However, if OP is gonna mix any type of rum into a coke, they definitely should stick with a shit tier one like a Bacardi, as they'll appreciate the better rums when choosing to drink them for pleasure, not to get shitfaced.

Cruzan is good and cheap, around 16 for a 1.75l

Bacardi and Appleton are smoother, 21-24$ per 1.75l

My favorite for a good time, Kracken.
1.75l is around 27~, 90 or 94 proof and tastes like candy, it's a sweet dark, blackstrap rum

Just get captain Morgan and call it a night

i don't pay anything for it because it's Baby's First Bottle. i don't drink Stick N Poke Sugar Juice

Wow just rechecked this thread and can't believe how much feedback it's gotten.

that's fucking idiotic

t. alcoholic

Ignore all these ill educated faggots. mount gay eclipse rum is better than the mass market bacardi and Captain Morgans. Not too expensive either

Appleton Estate. It's the only rum my islander friends drink. Hell, I hate rum and I can do shots of that shit all night.
If you're willing to spend some money, get Angostura 1919, but that is for sipping, not mixing.

that literally answered nothing i asked

I mix everything i buy. Only way its good, even if it was expensive.

learn to read in between sips of Man Bun Rum, cockgarglers

Kilo kai=bitch rum

believe it or not, it didnt taste bad at all lol

Only see women with those drinks in vegas. We just loaded up a couple backpacks with beer and had a plastic bottle of Jim bean.

Is that a 3 litre cup/jug like they had in the McDonalds promotion a long ass time ago? Brought one home with me when on holiday to the East Coast.

Don't mix with root beer you fucken queer bait

Don't often agree with Queenslanders but I can definitely get around your love of Bundy.

Nahhhhhh man, not the only way it's good. Maybe you should wait a few years with drinking it, or get used to it slowly.

nah im good. I mix Octomore, u mad?

Fucking Reeeeee
Jerry is love, Jerry is life
>drinking the alcohol equivalent of Catherine wheels
Considering it superior

7/11
forgot how big it was but bottles for scale lol

just get some 4lokos

Hivemind

Only if you l2r in between chugging special sauce from all those cocks

>spiced
Only if he's wearing a feather boa and pink jeans user

Couldn't be bothered to think of what you do with your alcohol, it's yours. I'm just passing time by making conversation

They're fucking huge. Would need to piss about 20 times before getting through one of those lol

shouldn't you be in school right now? finish seventh grade before posting comebacks like that.

Nigga the struggle is real, it's all I had, boy you stupid as fuck to consider it close to root beer.

If you're a light/moderate drinker sure.

That's like saying, "I prefer 1792, makers mark, or eagle rare to jim beam."

Not quite in the same league...

I mentioned these >730826977

When in reality I prefer diplamtico/ or their reserve. But you can't compare 25-29$ per .750l, to a 14-16$ handle of cruzan.

well since ya specifically asked about rum and coke, I'd say Kraken, Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan spiced for a beginner. Very smooth and easy to drink.

Not even trolling, but Mount Gay.

It's relatively cheap, and so easy to drink. Never mixed it with anything, but I imagine it being nice with coke.

So many alcoholixz

The only comeback around here is the stuff sliding its way down your chin after chugging on so many cocks.

School? Nah, not if I'm in a different continent and too old for school anyway

Sailor Jerry for sure

Yeah it's so bad, compared to the fact that there's a weed thread around 24/7

>rum
Just skip straight ahead to whiskey. I reccomend Crown Royal or Canadian Club.
Also for mix Doctor Pepper > Coke

>Captain Morgan
>Rum
choose one

This.

>Beginner
Fuck rum. Get Jack Daniels honey. Shit tastes like fucking candy.

that's the best you've got? about what i expected from someone who drinks rum with swallow tattoos all over it: a big swallower.

If there were as many booze threads I'd be on this 24/7. I've never smoked weed, but I've drank my fair share... just ask my liver, or my doctor... lol

/thread

If op has a vagingo he should do that. But if he's a man he will never buy that shit, and if he wants a sweet drink he will opt for wild turkeys "American honey"

Every time I hear kraken it makes me cringe... GADDAMN

Quite like Appleton Estate for zombies and the like, and their 151 is nice as well.

>Jack Daniels honey
ew

Fuck that shit. What you want to drink is a Moscow Mule.
>vodka
>ginger beer
>lime juice
Use pic related. That shit is so fucking gingery, that you can go 3/4 vodka and not even taste it. Rum and coke just makes you diabetic.

mccormick.

no point on wasting good rum for an RC.

This guy gets it.

Captain Morgan Original Spiced Gold.

After you mix the drink, remember to stir with a spoon to remove all the carbonation in the coke. It should be completely flat.

Baroca

Dis nigga know whats up

You realize that there's as much sugar in that than coke right? Also a Moscow Mule is a total bitch drink. Also that's a very entry-level ginger beer.

That's not being an alcoholic, that's being an idiot.
As an alcoholic I actually enjoy the things I drink, I don't mix 4 different liquors for some disgusting version of a Long Island.

none, too much sugar. drink whisky, pussboi.

vagina