Ask a hay farmer anything

Ask a hay farmer anything.

How fat is your wife?
Pic related?

How do you cope?

Round or square bales? And I'm guessing you're out west planting alfalfa?

I'm not married and besides i'm so fat myself I can't even find my penis to fuck anyone

Square and you correct it is alfalfa we also plan triticale and Timothy

Internet it helps when I have it

How many acres and howany bales you get per acre?

Also, do you enjoy it?

Who do you sell it to? Local coop or big Ag like Cargill...or do you keep it as feed grain?

We have 5000 acres most of it is grazing ground we only play on about 1000 and we get anywhere between 40 and 50 bales per acre depending on the crop and alkaline levels in the ground

Gets boring at times but it's very enjoyable work and pays really well

At least you find it enjoyable some of the time

Some go locally some go overseas most of it goes to dairy farms

So, if you got grazing land there of about 4,000 acres, in guessing you have beef or milking cows? Also, how much are you even making per bale. Last year doing smaller round bales could even turn much of a profit around with input costs.

That is true i have worked a variety of jobs from drug stores to warehouses and I can say I most enjoy farming btw don't work at Amazon it's a hellhole

How so?

We raise beef and with the pice of bales as low as it is right now we are just breaking even we are getting most are profit of the beef though the alfalfa sells for around 120 depending on the quality

Tell me about your operation.
Is the heart for horses or cows?
What exactly do you grow?
What type of bales do you make?
How much do you sell it for?
How many cutting do you get a year?

>Ask a gay farmer anything.
aren't all farmers closeted gays?

I worked in picking and your in a hot poorly wearhouse for 11 hours going 5 miles an hour on an order picker just picking items with incompetent management who send people home in the middle of a shift and then ask you to stay longer because there are not enough workers

Cows 1 ton square bales 3 cuttings 120 for alpha on average

Not all but the cowboys might be I mean there's 10 of them and they all stay in the same bunk house

Wow who feeds alfalfa to cows?

I don't even feed that too my horses.
I prefer Orchard grass.

It's not just Alfalfa because that will kill the cows if they are fed alfalfa in to high a quantity we also have triticale and Timothy also sorry if it's hard to read I'm using voice to text as I am dragging a field right now

HAY

Wake up in the morning and I step outside and I say haaaaaaayyyy what's going on

Every young person is trying to be a rapper or make a clothing brand. You must not be very smart doing the same thing every other nigger is doing.

Sorry wrong thread.

It's ok lol

I actually have a lot of respect for farmers. Someone has to do the work nobody else wants to do.

What's your job?

What are you guys getting for dresses weight? And are you running Angus, Hereford, or what? You must have several hundred for 4,000 grazing acres.

How do grow and harvest cows I like cheese but too expensive
Also why not put cheese in bale do you can blast rats n shit with a 12gauge

>alfalfa
How does it feel knowing you support the systemic animal abuse found in the horse world?

What do gay horses eat?

He feeds cattle, plants alfalfa, Timothy, and whatever the last one was, cuts probably with a haybine, and bales it. Guesing so because he's got an older johndeer 8 seties if I'm not mistaken

Thanks and that is true the main reason I'm here working right now is because 3 of the farm hands quit and we can't find anyone else to work here so I had to put college on hold for a year

How much does it cost to maintain your equipment?

Bonus: How many different pieces of specialty equipment do you use that a normie wouldn't know what to do with?

Horses are just hay burners. They provide no significant value.

HAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

It feels damn American!!

Do you have a daughter?

put hay up nose and post pic

They eat ass billy they eat ass

do you find this image funny?

Depends. From what I know of, most costs come from repairs. They pay for seed, fertilizer, diesel, etc and equipment is pretty standard I'm sure

Wow well you hit the nail on the head

Alright mr.hay farmer rate my tractor
>am grain farmer

I hope you get hit by cross down traffic

Answers are pretty "duh" and short on specifics. You're losing my trust here, user.

I live the life. Work for a hog farmer and work many, many fields during the summer.

SO HARD TO GET UNCOOKED JEWS

you american farmers do things right.

in the uk on a small farm all we do is fucking desperately struggle to break even with broken-ass ancient machines, depending on the subsidies to not go under.

JD 8400 or 8600. Meh. Case makes a better higher output. Their quads have less compaction and more traction.

The cowboys actually use horse a lot on the grazing ground because there are a lot of places atvs can't get to

No I don't I'm only 20 but I have been farming all my life

>pro tip

What do you want to know exactly? Prices vary each year depending on supply and demand. You can get contracts with others for certain prices over the years. Most contract out diesel for the year. Mechanical troubles can end up in thousands for parts and labor. Beef cost a lot but can be halved because you grow your own hay. And profiting from hay isn't feasible really right now because you can't bail it it for what you can make off of it.

I've never operated a 8560 before but it looks in good condition but is a Deere and Deere are pains in the ass when I'm comes to repair because of the speshlty tools you need on some parts so 7/10 btw I personally I like my 8420

>do you every daydream while you are driving

I have thought of getting a hog or two but I heard they were very tough to keep contained

How is farming hogs I have never done that

Put hay up nose and post pic
These dubs command it

>speshlty

That may be true ,but not in the Midwest here. They're there for appeal.

We have some hard times here to price of beef and hay is down but you just gotta keep on farming day by day

Back the fuck away from this thread cunt

You an Iowa boy? if so why not corn?

They're not bad honestly. They can be ornery bastards. Just keep your fencing about 5ft high and that can sustain a 240-280 hog. That's what put finishing barn has. Iron gating and cement board.
It's fun for what it is. I can't complain. Most people don't like it. The only thing I can say that can be a bitch, is moving pregant sows/gilts into the farrowing rooms. And at times you have to sleeve them to get the piglets out. If you have a good heard though and good immunity, disease aren't really too rampant. They're all raised indoors because their immune system is shit.

Around where I am we have to finish combining from last year. Will start 1000 acres of canola next week. Hay very scarce here. Top dollar.

What's top dollar for your area? 40-60 a round bale or? Around here most are paying 25. And guessing you're in the South. I thought they had a shortage again this year.

You gunna bleed you red faggot bleed from your asshole and your ears

Aww well that is true some cowboys do have horses that burn hay here one guy tryed to get us to feed 10 of his because they were quote special and could all were used for different jobs

Most I don't even think do anything here but stand in the pastures and walk trails out down south and north. What jobs did that consist of?

Pic related but black kids
You mad white boy

No way you need 5 ft for hogs. I've worked in confinement buildings and fences are 4 foot at most probably less.

These are literal hambeasts you are talking about they can't really jump

Do you send your stuff east? Is my alfalfa coming from you cause if so my horses appreciate it

Hearing cadle runs finding cows and just general care of the heard also I'm off to lunch now brb

It might be from us are you getting it from southern Oregon

I've got a 600 lb boar and sow pair, they're generally pretty OK. 5 foot cattle fencing not dug under, sometimes they get curious but they're pretty chill. It's my little ones (100-300 lb) fuckers that like to wander.

Maybe they're 4 in there. Regardless, those gates come to about lower stomach on me. And even though they're hambeasts. they have weight that they throw around. And they can hop over those stiles if they were in distress or really wanted to. Seen it happen before loading out to Tyson.

Not sure, rotating between straight Alfalfa and TIF 44 whatever's cheaper cause down here in Florida the drought is killing us, all my animals got skinny as fuck. Our deliveries come from up around you and the coastal comes from just above us, not Georgia but other near states

I gotcha. That's something that's not heard of around these parts. There's just feed lots and of the such.

A 8420 I think that's around 240 hp which is around the same hp as my tractor that's kinda funny but yes when it comes down to it they are harder to repair but that's why i got this model particularly because of the front end is easier to get at

Btw one thing I don't like about the cowboys is they just tear up any tractor they use the don't even do any maintenance after using one all day

I can honestly see that as bad as it sounds. Most probably have no idea how to even do basic maintenance on any vehicle. And they probably beat the piss out of em.

They break windows on the tractors like it's going out of style sadly

How the hell do you even do something like that? I've ran many a bobcat and whatnot and the most I've ever done was puncture a small hole in the tire from our compost pile that has a bunch of bones and whatnot. They're tuned tires and don't have as much protection compared to solid rubber tires.

Why only hay? U gotta rotate crops man

Serious question. Why do bales of alfalfa? Timothy Hay in small 10Lbs bags sold to pet stores has to be 40-60x the profit?