Have you ever listened to the same album twice in a row? Because it was just that good, or for another reason?

Have you ever listened to the same album twice in a row? Because it was just that good, or for another reason?

Yes, but only because it was the only CD I'd brought with me on a car trip and the radio wasn't working

Yeah, a bunch of times.

Happened today with this

yeah
i worked at a horse farm last summer and i was painting a fence and i wasn't allowed to listen to music in the actually barn because it was a safety issue, but out in the fields it was fine but my ipod broke so i only had my phone and the only song downloaded to it was Pablo Honey so one day I listened to Pablo Honey on repeat for like 6 hours

nonagon infinity open the door nonagon infinity open the door waiting for the answer to open the door nonagon infinity open the door

besides that, when I discovered the American Analog Set I spent a full month exclusively listening to their first 4 albums and there were definitely some back to backs in there

>science claims that you have to listen to an album 6 times to truly appreciate it
>still only listens to it once

why gimp yourself

The first time I listened to Astral Weeks was on a long drive home and I played it like 4 consecutive times after that

Pretty much every time I listen to an album i listen to it more than once in a row.

Every damn time I listen to this I can't get myself to pause it after the sons in mono finish so I listen to the ones in stereo too.

that's a special kind of hell

depending on the album and genre

I do the same damn thing, track-for-track.

I listened to Kid A twice in a row every day for like a month at one point

Only for new releases, that I really want to wrap my head around. I think I listened to DAMN. about four times in a row.

is there anyone who doesn't do this or never has?

i mean i'll go weeks or months obsessed with certain albums

it's not a contest to see how many you can get through

Meat is Murder
Nonagon Infinity
Twin Fantasy
Blonde
People Who Can Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World
Another One
Spiderland
Special Herbs 0-9 Boxset (only as background music though)

Also this, I went through a three month period where I found it hard to listen to anything that wasnt Kid A

I generally tend not to listen to albums on repeat, though I definitely have in the past. But I have a friend who only listens to CDs on his car stereo, and it's one of those ones that just starts the CD over when it ends. He'll leave the same CD in there for weeks at a time and just listen to the same album on repeat whenever he drives anywhere

I'm so sorry user

New Slowdive, have been listening to it actively since its release, it's so sentimental

I'm still listening to Nonagon Infinity.

this thread is about listening to an album twice in a row, not twice ever

Sauce?

unknown pleasures
and this in the same situation

I hated Common As Light zone first listen but I wanted to like it so bad because of how much I didn't like Universal Themes and how much I liked God Bless Ohio. Luckily it clicked the second time around

on* not zone

Pic related.

It's just T H A T good

I couldn't even really tell you why. Every song is mesmerizing, like a lot of what Driver puts out, but none of them have the kind of intensity that literally wears down on you after a listen like what you'd find in Choirs of the Eye or Hubardo. The album's just written in a way that everything, the guitars and the percussion and the vocals, just works at you insidiously, without you knowing it. Different from ambient, much more tantalizing. It's a cocktease, is what it is.