Make horror great again

Make horror great again

They are always at a 100% before it's released. It'll get some views but it won't do much. It may be an okay movie

May be, but hey! I can't judge a movie until de RLM review comes out

AMIRITE!!??

Honestly I'm kind of excited for this. I loved You're Next and thought The Guest was pretty good. Although the idea of another Blair Witch sequel makes me uncomfortable lol

you could try Collector and Collection

This.

The Guest was really good, but I can't see how a BWP sequel could ever be could. It would either just tread familiar ground, or it would completely fuck up the original and its mystery.

What did he mean by this?

Get a life you meme-spouting fool. I bet at school you constantly burbled "Giggity!" "eh Lois" or "Unhand you vile woman!" until the other students beat the shit out of you to shut you up.

I want to see blair witch 2 as originally conceived before studio fuckery.

Who was in the wrong here?

Fuck Miska. This guy is bros with Wingard and Barrett, of course he'd suck this movie's dick and say it's good.

Im a fan of You're Next and The Guest so I'm excited for this thou

That's honestly my biggest gripe with Sup Forums. The obsession with Reddit Letter Media has to stop.

It looks pretty awful desu

The rape scene isn't that explicit (no nudity) but it's incredibly raw and gritty. It's filmed in POV on a handicam the 4 assailants pass back and forth as they drink beer, joke, laugh and force Lisa (Callie Hernandez) to perform oral sex, before pinning down Talia (Valorie Curry) and presumably raping her.

I got that backwards, it's Hernandez's character who is forced to perform oral, and Curry's character who is presumably vaginally raped.

What's next for his career?

Actually they make fun of Reddit since that site deleted any post containing either of their girlbusters videos.

>game changer
>same format as the 1999 film

?

Sounds edgy. Wtf are you talkin about. More rape in horror movies? It's bad enough they glorify violence minus sex

supposedly the game changer is the twist

how do they film that if it's in found footage pov?

like if you're filming that you want all the money shots and i doubt they got all the explicit cock sucking and ass raping action in

Except all the new "auteur" indie horror movies were praised by critics.
Babadook, It Follows, The Witch and some others all were very well received by critics.

>Wtf are you talkin about.

Sorry for the confusion, I've seen the movie and it features the scene I just described.

The Witch was the horror film I'd been waiting for and there'll probably be nothing as good as that for a long time.

You've seen it? How is it? Is the twist good?

So what is the ending twist?

>Valerie Cutie's character gets raped

Well shit..

I don't like edgy horror movies. Horrors should be fun. It's not like anyone takes this genre seriously. That's why the 80s were the best time for horror movies even if objectively horrors from 70s were better.

>Blair Witch 1&2
>nothing caught on camera that couldn't be explained with a rational scientific explanation, leading to an enduring mystery about the existence of the titular witch and creating a sense of believability still unmatched in the found footage horror genre

>Blair Witch 3
>a bunch of impossible shit happens on screen making it no different from any other found footage supernatural spookfest.

I don't know, I think they may have missed the point by a tiny bit.

>>nothing caught on camera that couldn't be explained with a rational scientific explanation
Um, besides the one retard standing nonchalantly in the corner while his friend was being murdered? Or the fact that when they walked in a straight line, they got back to the same place they just were?

>that kid who didn't fall for the blair witch meme hype

that kid was me

>In order to watch something I need to agree 100% with everything they say
I want millennials to leave.

Your parents must be very proud.

The VVitch turned me off witch themed movies.

>Or the fact that when they walked in a straight line, they got back to the same place they just were?

I'm not the guy you're replying to but this could be explained as them just walking in circles, they didn't have a map or a compass.

But I loved the first and think this sequel will be awesome, Wingard's movies are always subversive and unpredictable.

RLM basically regurgitates Sup Forums opinion 95% of the time.
The only people who ignore that are mad capeshitters like yourself.

I was excited for this until I saw the trailer. It looks like shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if it really was a movie called The Woods at one point before the studios decided they could make more shekels if they rebranded it as a Blair Witch sequel/soft reboot.

>HE'S JUST STANDING THERE MENACINGLY GHOSTS ARE BEHIND IT

What's so blatantly supernatural and impossible about that? He could have been injured and propped up by whoever attacked him.

I mean, by the time they find the cabin it's obvious there's something supernatural involved because it's established that it burned down years and years ago, but before that everything is pretty ambiguous. Even the shit with the cabin isn't presented in this wild OOGA BOOGA Paranormal Activity style where you see stuff flying around; it's all very low key and pretty subdued.

no I never even watched the simpsons

Well, guys, I'm hyped. I know this board hated the trailer, but I found nothing wrong with it.

I saw it at SDCC. I'll give out more details about the plot if you guys want, but for now I'll say that if you guys didn't like how the witch was never seen in the first, you'll probably love this one because that bitch shows up at least two times near the end.

Reminder that contrarian Sup Forums will hate it

>that bitch shows up at least two times near the end.
Well that's a shame. Is the twist good at least? (No spoilers please)

i dont know if you have seen grave encounters 2, but if you have, how does it compare with this one? in a "hey lets be meta about our first movie" way

There's not really a twist. They retcon some stuff about the witch's history, but that's pretty much it. What you see in the trailer is exactly what you'll get.

>I'm not the guy you're replying to but this could be explained as them just walking in circles, they didn't have a map or a compass.
How do you walk in circles when you walk completely straight?
>What's so blatantly supernatural and impossible about that?
Because any normal person would help their friend from being murdered, and he didn't even seem to have any sort of reaction to his friend being murdered. It's like he was in a trance.

>He could have been injured and propped up by whoever attacked him.
He wasn't propped up, he was standing on his own two feet.

It gets irritatingly meta at times, but not to the degree of the second one. The group brings a lot of tech with them like a drone, which I assume was aimed at the faggots who whine about how dumb the original group from the first one was and how they'd never get lost if it took place in the present day, but it doesn't help them out at all so it's kind of pointless.

It's basically a retread of the first movie with modern horror cliches and millennial leads.

What the FUCK was his problem?

>It's like he was in a trance

You mean like in extreme shock? I can't tell if you're purposefully trying to come off as stupid.

>Because any normal person would help their friend from being murdered, and he didn't even seem to have any sort of reaction to his friend being murdered. It's like he was in a trance.

Did you even watch the movie? This was all explained.

the movie was shit. I saw it at San Diego Comic Con back when it was called "In the Woods". It's basically a shot for shot remake of the original only with worse characters. Plus 85% of the shit in the trailer is from the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Did you like it?

oh piss off, that wasn't extreme shock. You're so full of shit, acting like the original had nothing that could only be perceived as supernatural
but then you even back peddle by stating
>I mean, by the time they find the cabin it's obvious there's something supernatural involved because it's established that it burned down years and years ago

>How do you walk in circles when you walk completely straight?
Oh, come on, people get lost in the woods this way all the time.

Not really. I think I liked it a lot more than I would have if I had seen it in a theater because this was the first SDCC where I got to go to a big event so it felt special in that regard, but there were times where I was just sitting there thinking about how no one would be giving a shit about this if it didn't have the Blair Witch name attached to it.

It's just another found footage movie that adds nothing unique that sets it apart from all the other shit out right now. It's basically the Blair Witch for people who had no patience for the first one; you barely have to wait before the supernatural stuff starts happening, and when it does, it's way more aggressive and outlandish than anything from the first one.

>take qt to see Blair witch (2016)
>girls get raped
>she walks out theater
>ask qt, "what's wrong?"
>"nothin, just not my kind of movie user. I liked the original though"
>wanna go to the national park forest and look for some spoops, qt?"
>"no thanks user, I have to get up early tomorrow and babysit my niece"
>"I'll message you tomorrow, qt?"
>"sure"
Qt never answers my texts again. Thank you edgelord movie making faggots

they get lost in the woods by walking in a general direction. The issue is that the characters in the movie get lost several times, after specifically focusing on going in a straight line. And it isn't even getting lost, it's someone backtracking no matter what direction they do in.

>I'll just stomp my feet and say NOOOO!!!! and that will be an argument.

Yep. Moron.

>How do you walk in circles when you walk completely straight?

Have you ever tried doing this without a compass? It's ridiculously hard to walk completely straight, especially in the woods where you have constant obstacles that will throw you off.

I've been involved in a bunch of survey projects that involved groups of people walking in straight lines across a grid through various terrain types. No one is ever able to walk perfectly straight, even with a compass.