Why are there so many data mining threads on Sup Forums?

Why are there so many data mining threads on Sup Forums?
Is this an operation and not an organization?

What do you mean?

It's been going on for years dude

I imagine it's a mixture of companies and marketing firms along with a dash of national security types

Have you noticed all the questionnaire threads?
>What is your job? Age? Salary?
>Other questions relating directly to your personal life
>Obviously some kind of profile is being made about those who answer the questions.
There are literally hundreds per day, collecting data of all us anons. Makes you wonder if we are really all that anonymous.

>Tl;Dr
Stop answering question threads on Sup Forums, no matter how tempting they seem.

Yeah I noticed it a long time ago, I've been on this site for a long time now.
It's progressively getting worse though.

Sometimes it seems like that's all Sup Forums really is, is just a place where large quantities of data are farmed from everyone who posts here.

So "do you like my cat" threads is a nono?
Oh my i'd never...

It should be obvious which ones are farming threads.

Dubs and trips of truth

Just kidding man. Although i'm concerned with big data farming etc, that thought have never stroked me.

For me Sup Forums is just a place where really bored people come to be bored i guess.

People are generating data from everything. It's unsettling in general, but it's not surprising that it's happening here; it's happening everywhere. You can control, to an extent, what you make available to these people.

alphabet agencies.

Bumping

But like. In those threads there are a lot of "my mother was a crack addict and my dad was in jail the time i was born, but i worked hard and made my own future. Today i am my own boss and make 250.000$ dollars a year. You jealous?" answers.

I don't belive the answers in those kinds of threads, even if they say they work at Wendy's or whatever.

Because of the culture here wouldn't big data gatherers be naive to collect information from this place, of all places?

May Kek delivery our us from this evils.

In a statistical model of humans, the more data you have the more accurate your results.

Makes sense.

Perhaps it has to do with the creation of artificial intelligence.

How do we know you're not an AI?

How does anyone know anyone is real? What if Sup Forums was just bots the entire time?

Am... am I real?

At least to my knowledge, i'm not a bot.

Well, I'm not so sure of myself.
>