I recently rewatched this movie and was impressed by how entertaining it was...

I recently rewatched this movie and was impressed by how entertaining it was. The acting seemed over-dramatic sometimes but that made it fun. I also like how much effort they put into the special effects. Sure they might seem like a silly exaggeration but it works so well. Anybody got some similar recommendations? It doesn't have to be Sci-Fi, just well made and show the effort put into it..

yeah, Starship Troopers 3 was good, too.

RoboCop is about as close as youll get to Verhoeven in such reckless abandon. As a genre its almost slapstick, and most movies dont combine the fun and the drama so well. The Faculty is a fun aliens movie imo.

_ you should seek mental help.

This one, it's kinda low-budget but they did a really good job

If you werent already aware of the political overtones intended by the original author, I suggest looking into it. Makes it... more interesting, I guess?

Not sci-fi, but this is required viewing for all of Sup Forums

spoken like someone who saw the second one and thinks they know shit. the 3rd and 4th movies were only slightly stupider than the first one.

Read the book, the movie is fine the book should be a must read.

Did you know? The bugs never attacked Earth. It was a false flag attack so the Earth government could consolidate power under a wartime regime.

I did not know that. Wonder how the MC would take that info.

Would you like to know more?

Very underrated film. 8/10/

Peter Well FTW!

starship troopers is right up there with the matrix, gladiator, fight club and a few other absolute 10/10 classics from the mid to late nineties. we will probably never see films this creative ever again.

Judge Dredd
Robocop was fucking amazing
Total Recall

I haven't seen fight club. Guess I'll start there.

Thanks for reminding me of this flick, downloading one and two now.

None of the sequels were good. However Starship Troopers definitely was a great movie OP. One of my favorites of all time.

I actually heard they are rebooting the series to be more in line, read at all resembling, with the novel and I could not be more stoked. The book is incredible and one of my favorites,

also maybe check out tremors

An american werewolf in london

I feel this way about Alien: Resurrection.
>I can get you off, just not off the ship.