I'm struggling to understand why people enjoy this album so much. So, what makes it so good, Sup Forums?

I'm struggling to understand why people enjoy this album so much. So, what makes it so good, Sup Forums?

I've listened to it a bunch, It's great but it's definitely not GOAT like most fanboys say

I dunno go read one of the thousands of pieces of writing about the album if you're that confused, enough has been said about it already

it has nice songs

Kek, this. nothing's wrong with talking about something you missed in a previous thread but come the fuck on there's like 80 radiohead threads every week

I listened to this album tons in high school. I came back to it recently and was astonished by how deep the harmony and the timbre of the arrangements are. It's basically like if the Pixies met Bitches Brew or something like that but with a bit of 1984 mixed in.

Definitely better than Kid A

Shell smashed, juices flowing
Wings twitch, legs are going
Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

ONE DAY
I AM GONNA GROW WINGS
A CHEMICAL REACTION

Let down

I know if you're like me you don't actually pay attention to the lyrics until after a few listens so I would say read along with them as you listen to the album or something because you'll really start to understand the thought and work that went into this album.

Teenagers that think they are intellectual and deep for liking this record. It's alright, musically it's another band in the long line of Beatles/TVU/Bowie/Pink Floyd that do the whole "pop rock variety show" that's often labeled 'art rock'. Thematically, it appears to be relevant about technology, but then goes into the same old immature 90s angst about stuff.

HYSTERICAL AND USELESS
HYSTERICAL AND

top 10 of all time. you'll get it eventually

LET DOWN AND HANGING AROUND

woah

It's good because publications told us it was. Don't worry, there's not much you're missing. Whatever people "get" about this album is whatever definitions their minds created for this album.

What did Thom mean with "You know where you are with"? That's the only line of the song I don't get

The Bends is better in every way.
>better singles
>better pop album (radiohead is literally a pop band so this is their magnum opus)
>more experimental (especially so in the transitions/intros)
>more lush and varied instrumentation
>one of the best closing tracks ever written compared to the lackluster afterthought that is the tourist

Pablo Honey is better in every way
>best lyrics
>not a pop album, really expiremental (because pop is dead, listen to radiohead's song pop is dead)
>more experimental (thom was truly at his apex)
>more lush and varied instrumentation
>fat ugly and dead

u ok computer?

shut up fag

Grow my hair, grow my hair
I am Jim Morrison
Grow my hair
I wanna be wanna be wanna be Jim Morrison

FAT

Sup OKreddit fanboy

I just appreciate good music, in my opinion Radiohead really lost their spark when they decided to move away from classics like Creep, Anyone Can Play Guitar, and especially Pop Is Dead.

>ok computer fa(g)nboy is T H I S M A D that his reddit album is shit
dont respond to me again. if you do I win.