Were the Americas colonized by lower middle class Spaniards? Is it true they were mostly from Asturias...

Were the Americas colonized by lower middle class Spaniards? Is it true they were mostly from Asturias, Extremadura and the Canary Islands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDhmKrW4F6Y
euskomedia.org/aunamendi/59328/43070
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very low class spaniards from Andalusia, the Canary Islands and Extremadura.

Locally, a lot of galicians in the Rio de Plata area. Those weren't no so low class.

>Locally, a lot of galicians in the Rio de Plata area. Those weren't no so low class.
Also, there was a sizeable amount of basques.

Although in relative terms, they are more important in Chile.

puta

Lots of basques and castllians came here. idgaf if they were middle call back then, prolly not as they were escaping either war or famine

It depends on the region at least here in Columbia.
- Basques and navarrans and populated the coffee highlands
- Castillians and asturians populated the central temperate highlands
- Andalucians and canarians ppulated the caribbean coast
. Galicians weren't a sizable immigrant group here, but they definitely came in smaller numbers. Most of them headed to Argentina and Brazil

It was mostly gypsies.Especially in Colombia and Ecuador

Galicians arrived in the XIX century.Most criollos in Argentina and Chile were Castillians

[citation needed]

That sucks if it's true

youtube.com/watch?v=mDhmKrW4F6Y

Conquistadores were mostly from Andalucia, Extremadura and some from the Basque Country.

Then it came the other immigrations which I don't know much to be honest

Just read about the gypsie redadas.Most gypsies were sent by the crown to populate key strategic regions like Costa Rica,Colombia and Panama
>Andalucia, Extremadura and some from the La Mancha.
Fixed.

Just read aboutit and none of those countries seems to be mentioned at all, not even south america is mentioned

You have to understand that most ran away to America and called themselves basques as they spoke a weird language.Most "Basques" in america are just gypsies

they were imprisoned mostly in andalucian cities such ans Sevilla. They probably didn't even know about basques, so why would they flee and say they were basques. criollos here would've recongnized them immediatly and there would be more written records on the subject. ´I'm calling bullshit on this tbhwy

[citation needed]

>so why would they flee and say they were basques
Basques spoke a weird language that no one understood.Gypsies spoke a language that no one could understand.So they say that they wer Basques to move to the colonies and from there mixed with the natives.That is why Colombians and Ecuatorians just look like gypsies with indian features

those lads in the picture look straight up amerindians, not even mixed race.

If what you are saying is true than there have to be pure gypsies in those countries too, given the fact that those in Europe have left India 1000 years ago and are still tribal as fuck and only intermarry

I mean... they would treat their own shit better than a non gypsy

>have to be pure gypsies in those countries too
There are but few.Most just mixed with the locals.As they were brown they were impossible to distinguish for the Spaniards once they were settled.
Gypsies look like that pal.You just didn't know it

t. gypsy

your lads look like this no offence but its true

>Spain 650k
> Columbia 8k

Yeah but isn't it strange that they intermingled with the Indios from the second they landed in the Americas, while in Europe they stick to each other big time

That just doesn't add up

Forgot picture

Do you latin americans speak basque?

>they intermingled with the Indios from the second they landed in the Americas
Because they were mostly males.
Your mestizos are gypsies.So it would be more like 30M people

so, according to you Incan and/or mayan looking people are gypsies.

>so, according to you Incan and/or mayan looking people are gypsies.
Colombia had very few natives.Most of the brown looking people in your country are part gypsie.You are probably 50% gypsie.Who knows

Stop projecting, lad. Gypsies are not a thing in south america unlike Spain

Are you really arguing with that stupid Spaniard, you bunch of dumbass, don't fucking reply to Spaniards, you don't get nothing from it

>Gypsies are not a thing in south america
You just call yourselves Basques because your surname while having gypsie traditions and looking like gypsies.Dude just add 1+1 there is barely any Basque influence in Colombia but your music and food is heavily influenced by gypsie folklore.Just embrace your gypsiness

You could make the same argument for Spain right? Flamenco music, guitars, etc.

> let me tell you about your country
ahh yes

>Flamenco music, guitars
Most certaintly in the south.But Basques don't have that while Colombians in "Basques" regions have it.They are just gypsies
Can you tell me a Basque tradition gyppo.It is probably a gypsie one all along.Embrance your heritage

>Spoke a weird language
Pretty strange that there aren't any traces left of that gibberish language in the way we speak today

That is what you think pal.I am sure lots of your regional words come from their language

>De una puta y un gitano nació el primer Colombiano.
-Refranero español.
¿En serio que los Guachupines no sabían que eran gitanos?

that explains why this colombian girl I know looks kinda Indian (from india)

[Citation needed]

>college teacher talks about how her husband is going travelling with gypsies in europe
>tell her that's kinda crazy and insinuate gypsies are kind of trash
>She tells me she's gypsie and he's going to learn about her culture
>mfw

look -- >USA: 1 million estimated with romani heritage

Ahh yes, we surely have 30 times more gypsy descendants than the US

Yes and not, in the south coast of New spain the people still talikng withouth "S" that means they were from south parts of spain thefore poor but, in general the in new spain literally the immigrants come from all parts so Leon,Guadalajara, Galicia,etc

>Ahh yes, we surely have 30 times more gypsy descendants than the US
You are mixed.So you are part gypsie not full gypsie.You should embrace your heritage.Colombia is a gypsie nation.You should be very proud!

Yeah that's why latinos are so dumb
>IQ gene frequency

>they were imprisoned mostly in andalucian cities such ans Sevilla. They probably didn't even know about basques, so why would they flee and say they were basques.

Gypsies were forced to get surnames, so they chose Basque surnames because Basques were "hidalgos" by birth, see: euskomedia.org/aunamendi/59328/43070

Some of the most common Gypsy surnames in Spain are Heredia or Montoya, which are originally Basque surnames.

>south parts of spain thefore poor

The fact that Southern Spain is poor nowadays doesn't mean it was poor in the 16-18th centuries. I bet Galicia or Asturias were just as poor, just because land properties were too small for people to get enough food.

colombian 23andme's

>Locally, a lot of galicians in the Rio de Plata area.
Galicians came here during and after the Spanish Civil War and the two World Wars. Their presence has nothing to do with colonialism.

Can you notice it if people are 10-20% native?

It would be interesting to observe the phenotypical differences between these three.

in the 1500 and 1600 most were Andalucian and Extremaduran, with Basques as an important minority, many poor adventurers trying to get rich. it was almost like a gold rush migration.

after the 1720 with the bourbons, people from the crown of Aragon were allowed to emmigrate, and there were many catalans, the 1720-1800 period had mainly well off people emmigrating to the americans, bouracrats, merchants, colonial administration.

people from canary islands are very important in the caribbean, Venezuela for sure.

And Argentina, Uruguay have a lot of Galicians (and Asturians and Basques) but because of the 1880-1930 period, not of the colonial period.

Pal they take samples from different countries.Broadly southern European just means gypsie for example as they have a common fenotype all around southern europe

Where did you find these?

not too much, they look like whites with some odd feauture

just look for colombian 23andme in google

This was true for Australia too and they turned out alright

i can go on but you get the point, there is no gypsy admixture in all colombia, i don't really understand how can people even think that we are all actually part gypsies instead of native, and i don't understand how after this many years, people can identify that stupid spaniard that has been shitposting things about latin america for years

*people can't identify

Do you even know how those tests work pal? They take samples from people in each country and just match your DNA with different people.There are gypsies in Europe which is why you get so many "broadly european" in the tests.DNA doesn't have a geolocator pal

This is the DNA test of a gypsie from Romania.