Why do musicians take so long to make a fucking album these days...

Why do musicians take so long to make a fucking album these days. Are they fucking mentally deficient autists or just lazy drooling goobers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Rodríguez-López_discography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah you've put out so many world renowned, universally loved albums over the years huh I'm sure you really have that insider knowledge of the amount of effort it takes bub

they are just lazy because they get huge profits compared to what artists used to earn back in the day.

Now every shit indie band imagine themselves as superstars that are entitled to luxurious lifestyle.

Gucci Mane has put out four albums in the past 12 months. And that's considered slow compared to his pace from before.

Yeah, I mean so much has changed, user. You can't make an album like Rubber Soul then release an album like Revolver eight months later in this modern age. There are so many restrictions. Wow, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Huh, dumb old me, right?

fuck off, you dunce

>Gucci Mane
>musician

Most musicians make music for money, so if they have enough money, they don't care to make more music.

It's proper to be cynical about these things in this age. True artistry is way less than people think. You can count it on one hand. What happens is in desperation for novel content people convince themselves consciously or subconsciously that they really love this or that artist because they're unwilling to admit that most of what they're subjected to speaks to them. It's part of the need for diversion. Diversion from life as we know it, which is a tedious nightmare of a banal thing that sucks the magic out of everything with its scientific materialist capitalistic oil-tendrils.

>subjected to doesn't speak to them.*

There are a few reasons:

>Artists used to be contractually obligated to release albums more frequently

>Albums can be expensive. Session musicians, studio time, mixing/mastering, artwork, and whatever else all costs money. There is way less return on investment than there used to be, so why burn money faster?

>Since albums don't make money anymore, artists have to spend more time touring rather than recording.

>Since albums don't make money anymore, artists have to spend more time touring rather than recording.

when this meme will end? music industry is multi billion dollar industry and no thanks to concerts.

Nice non-arguments. Also, reminder that the Beatles are the most overrated group in rock music.

6 months off, 6 months writing & recording, and one year on the road; Rinse & repeat.

I was being a bit hyperbolic with that sentence, they still make money, sure, but way less than they used to.

The music industry is still huge, sure, but the artists themselves make the vast majority of their income from touring nowadays. There are exceptions, but in general touring is primary source of income for musicians.

Just because they use like +100 auxiliary staff to make a fucking album.

>Nice non-arguments
Nice non-argument

>be Buckethead
>almost every time he jams he literally pushes it as a new album

Records don't make money anymore, touring does.

You have no proof besides subjective guessing. Try actually looking at your theory statistically present proof and then come back

Seems like for some meme rap and garage folk the releases are incontinent. Global brand acts I assume it isn't so easy. Two years on tour from the last album with the world changing upside down and back every fortnight.

Do the world a favour and neck yourself my fuck user

I don't think you understand how hard it is to make an album nowadays that isn't shitty in under a year. Lot of little details to get through. You have to write songs, flesh them out, record them, polish them and then create build-up/hype for the new record and pray to God it doesn't leak.
Just finishing one fucking song is a frustrating mess of an experience, so doing 12 or 15 songs is a nightmare.

>muh "if you don't like it, let's see you do better!"
come back with a less shitty argument, please.

Yeah, but that's Gucci Mane, so...

this. but rappers put out a shit ton of mixtapes and albums because it's quicker to make hip hop and trap and they make more money from ads in their videos and songs.

There's a huge connection between actual inspiration and quality of work. consider that when most artists release their first album it's around or after the end of highschool when a lot of shit happened and your most likely inspired. and now lets say that album became successful, fast forward through 5 years of music career, touring, writing songs and whatever. You might be burnt the fuck out and totally not inspired anymore.

UK sales figures from bpi. CD's sales cratering, peaked 2004. Digital sales doubled in last 6 years . Total sales down 16% last 4 years. Still, 90m units is big money.

Cd sales are now a niche market desu.

I'll finish it first if that's OK,

king gizzard & the lizard wizard have been putting out two albums a year since 2013, and have 4 or 5 this year or something

The best artists usually either have problems with anxiety, and depression, so that ties into that, or have problems being a perfectionist. And sometime's it's all 3 combined.

Both - that's why they are musicians

They don't though. You're just an idiot. In the last 6 months Omar Rodriguez Lopez has released 12 albums. Last year Kool A.D. released 10 albums (2 of which were 100 tracks long). Moka Only released 12 albums last year. Bones released who knows how many mixtapes last year as well. Artists don't take as long to release stuff. In fact, with upgrades in studios and better technology it's actually easier and more efficient to record an album. Most pop stars are releasing at least 1 album a year. You clearly know fuck all.

We are done here people.

Marketing. If you put out too much material too quickly you lower the demand for your own work, shooting yourself in the foot. Most of them probably aren't even allowed to release material more often than once a year or two, I doubt Rihanna can get a green light to just churn out five albums next month.

Unless you're talking about people that wait like five years to put out anything in which case yeah their handlers have nothing to do with that and they're just lazy as shit.

Rihanna does jackshit but singing and dancing on scene. She is the least contributing artist on "her own" albums.

Omar is actually a great example of the opposite of this. He's basically running his own show at this point and also has a devoted fanbase that will buy whatever he puts out so there's no need to worry about the larger market as much. The end result is that he's able to throw out material as quickly as he wants since there's nobody telling him he can't.

Don't bully Rihanna pls.

That has nothing to do with anything.

Record labels like to treat releases from big names like events these days. Kanye putting out a new album every 2-3 years seems more special than if he pumped out multiple albums per year

Their label forces them to only put out albums every other year instead of multiple ones in a single year.

>when this meme will end? music industry is multi billion dollar industry and no thanks to concerts.

It'll end when musicians get a larger cut of the income FROM THEIR OWN MUSIC and you idiots stop pirating everything.

These days just to even get your music heard you have to spend money to play in a big city, spend money on a publicist, spend money on a manager, spend money for your label, press kit, your agent, band members, equipment, etc. etc.

Friendly remainder of this existing
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Rodríguez-López_discography

They make less money now brah. And theydidn't make all that much back in the day.

Bullshit. Bands make less money now. And what money is available has corporate strings attached to it.

t. Oldfag

>come back with a less shitty argument, please.
that's not his argument you piece of shit. he's saying you have no idea what it takes to make an album so you ---> shut the fuck

Anxiety and depression aren't diseases.

And stop buying the bullshit rock 'journalism' churns out.

Record labels don't really exist anymore. Except for legit indies.

Where are you kids getting this shit from?

I admire the retard who did those.

Yep. More like '''tech companies''' and shit like '''live nation'''.

>who is Viper the Rapper

I think social media, even though it's probably a more recent thing than the long gap between albums, is part of it. Back in the day bands stayed relevant by releasing things. Now you don't necessarily need to continually release things if you're on instagram or twitter, etc.

>I don't know what I'm talking about - the post

by this logic, Viper is the greatest musician (and most intelligent) to ever live

>implying he isn't

Artist and retard are synonymous.
Every artist you admire is retarded.

How long do the musicians you talk about take to put out an album? How long did they use to take?

I mean, you could make a case...

>I'll finish it first if that's OK,
I could kill you with my hands in under 30 seconds

They have a life beyond music, you talentless mongoloid

omar in interviews has stated that its not that he does a lot in terms of albums its that everyone else does very little.

most muscians still are on the tour for two year in between albums things and maybe and ep or two

are you reffering to bands like portishead or mbv or something?

the band im in releases an album every 2 months LIKE CLOCKWORK , including holiday albums. Finished the first album today can't wait to start the new one !

lol smooth sailing to ya bruh

thanks buddy have a nice one

Speak English

They have to wait for the professional button-pusher at the studio to press all the buttons

ahhahahaha
in the 90s an indie album with 50.000 sales was considered a huge success, in the last years indie bands even reached 1 milion like fleet foxes etc.