M.Nights "Split" looks as unintentionally hilarious as "The Happening

youtube.com/watch?v=HHnKnVUySJU

>James McAvoy is playing a character with 20 personalities
>These personalities range from women,children and sadistic men accompanied by physical transformations
>The films twist is most likely McAvoys character can turn into some sort of fable-creature

Positives
>Anya Taylor-Joy

Is "Split" supposed to be funny and why does M.Night continue to make films when everyone can see he just got lucky with "The Sixth Sense."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qz0KKzvwWZc
youtube.com/watch?v=jhmEo-46vUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O1PK4qYzNkI
youtube.com/watch?v=Iuus2oOseXw
youtu.be/9Rq-7zEVuwI
youtu.be/2Iz4D9kBIas
youtu.be/uvmytj56Tck
youtube.com/watch?v=m9PEvezB8Nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

m night senpaialam

The Happening is comedykino

youtube.com/watch?v=qz0KKzvwWZc

When I saw The Happening in theaters I actually kinda liked it because I thought it was supposed to be stupid funny. It was my second M Night movie and everything I've seen by him since has been absolute trash, so I guess he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt there.

>that laugh track

I don't think anyone has ever written or filmed a scene funnier than the one where Mark Wahlberg tries to negotiate with a fucking potted plant. It's absolute gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhmEo-46vUQ

Oh god I hope it doesn't suck.
it will

So he is making a movie version of the "City Sushi" episode of South Park?

>that VVitch girl acting deliciously

Gonna give Night the 7$ he works so hard for.

>reveal at 1:00

ooooh tumblr is gonna be maaaaaaaaad

It's gonna be great, M. Night is back

Do people still stream on Sup Forums?

Because a stream of "The Happening" would be fucking great.

What a tweeeest

>2:22 handicapped person persona

Also checked

Second

youtube.com/watch?v=O1PK4qYzNkI

youtube.com/watch?v=Iuus2oOseXw

The Happening is a misunderstood B movie

The Happening looks good compared to this.

Christ. Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense were legit good movies. I don't understand how this can happen.

i saw it in theaters too

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be campy

He doesn't give a fuck anymore. The Visit was basically 2 hours of M. Night taking out his resentment for the audience that didn't accept him and people, for whatever insane reason, ate it up, so he's found his new calling.

Will there be a scene as kino as this?
youtu.be/9Rq-7zEVuwI

oh god my fucking sides

Before the film released it was marketed as a serious thriller like "Signs" or "Unbreakable."

It was only after the first reviews came out for the "The Happening" (which were almost unanimously negative) that he said said it was always campy.

youtu.be/2Iz4D9kBIas

took me a few seconds but I got it

Joaquin Phoenix was originally supposed to be in this, but McAvoy looks pretty good.

this is gonna be the lucy of 2016

So what's the big tweest? He doesn't actually have split personalities? They are actually clones? The girl is the one who is actually insane and is imagining the whole thing?

>this mans infatuation with hotdogs

He's the one imagining the girl.
Or the girl is the one imagining him.
It's all in his/her mind.

McAvoy is a werewolf, the ultimate split personality

>The girl is the one who is actually insane and is imagining the whole thing?

This is on the right track, but get more absurd, more retarded.

I think he turn into some kind of mythical creature or ayy by the end of the film.
OR
the personalities are the spirits of dead people that manifest themselves in attempts to escape McAvoys body

Shyamalan would actually do this

Comfy threads like these is why I browse Sup Forums

>ruining it with a frog post

>pardon me, I think you have the wrong car

This is so retarded.

Why is McAvoy in this? It's not like he needs the money after all them xmen films

youtu.be/uvmytj56Tck

>Sixth Sense was great
>Unbreakable had a dumb twist but was a great interpretation of comic book superheroes
>Signs was fucking great, with based Mel knocking his performance out of the park and the ayy being demons totally makes sense
>everything after was absolute shit with little redeeming value

Fucking Shymadonglong. Success really got to his head.

>Signs was fucking great
retard detected

Was there a big twist in After Erf?

Could Shammy make a movie that was straightforward?

Feel free to explain why it isn't friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=m9PEvezB8Nc

I live in the area where it was filmed/where it takes place and got to visit some of the sets and watch it get filmed. Also got to meet Mel briefly. I have a special affinity with the movie. It's not even remotely his best, but I still love it.

literally that south park episode

He's probably an atheist who got triggered by the themes of losing and regaining faith in God

He's probably just insane with anger.

His anger makes him insane probably.

But The village was cool, user.
I don't get why people doesn't like it. I mean, besides Adrien Brody breaking the rule. The ending make it up for his rule breaking, it didn't have a 360ยบ twist, the movie felt pretty real, JP was awesome like always...

It's not like he needs to ruin his carrier either by being in a shamalam movie either, but here he is.

its likely his insane makes him angry

The girl is the beast they are talking about.

>because your face is perfect
What did he mean by this?
Seriously, what the fuck did he mean?

I'll admit, it has some good parts. Shyammalknfva is very good at tension and atmosphere, something most horror films today seem to lack, and the movie has a lot of really good performances, but overall, the twist being so goddamned obvious hurts the tension and pacing in the second half of the movie, since you know the main character isn't in any danger.

>This movie made it impossible to refer to current events as happenings

>Schlongadong is still making movies

Probably, his anger makes him insane

They should do this again. Like, tell him on the set of Transformers 5 that they'll CGI Optimus Prime later and all he has to do is look at the plant and act. Then at the premiere they just have the scene natural in the middle of the movie, without explenation.

>changes accompanied by physical transformations
Of all the jojo villains he decides to make a movie on the shittiest one?

what is this scene meant to convey? like....how is that a joke and how is that supposed to cheer her up?

Signs was great. The reveal at the end was obviously retarded when you actually think about the implications of it, but overall the movie was very good

I feel that the tension could be there if Noah was written slightly different or if Adrien played him slightly different

Everything was there to keep the tension, I mean it was intended on the plot at least it was very explicit Noah killed and butchered animals, he stabbed a guy in love rage, he felt explosive anger, he chase the women he loved to hurt her... It was just played in a fashion that didn't payed off after the twist, but could off.

I thought the village was bretty good when I saw it in theaters, but at least from the majority of publics opinion I think that is where people started to turn on him. It's been basically all shit since then.

Although I did hear that one with kids staying with their grandparents was halfway decent. I haven't seen it though.

>the twist being so goddamned obvious hurts the tension and pacing in the second half of the movie

How was it obvious? what were the signs? I remember being pretty shocked when I saw it.

the twist is that m night is a good director all along

>THIS JANUARY
>january

come on plebs

SO PROGRESSIVE. FINALLY A MOVIE BASED ON OUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION

What would be the ultimate "JUST" film? Here's my ideas
>Produced by Amy Pascal
>Directed by M. Night
>starring Brendan Fraser and Jenna Fischer

How's Mel in person? Tell us more

I took my first date to Lady In the Water. I didn't get a second date.

They filmed this on my street. The twist is he doesn't have split personalities. The girl does.

>the girl is actually all the characters

Looks like it might be cool

Hollywood sure dies love "split personalities" though irl that shit is faker than the tooth fairy

What the bloody hell are you talking or trying to reference

that would actually be a neat twist, but the movie is still going to be shit just because muh split personality plots always lead to horrible hammy overacting

do you know that for sure, or are you just guessing?

>films twist is most likely McAvoy's character can turn into some sort of fable creature

I'd have guessed the twist is that the kidnap victims are just more of his personalities.

I and many others correctly guessed the twist by seeing the first trailer. It's glaringly obvious, what with the nature of the monster that you see and the way the village elders go about responding to it.

Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about the City Sushi episode from South Park.

I was more thinking about them being in modern times as the twist

I probably did guess what the monster was, but I don't really remember.

I actually guessed that part halfway through the movie, but that aspect of it didn't really hold as much weight as the monster being fake and a story to scare everyone into staying in the village.

God please let be the case

>These personalities range from women,children and sadistic men
But not sadistic women?

hehe

Sure

The girl is the beast and his clones are an extradimensional squad of alien bros who are there to keep the beast under control and save humanity.