ITT: Pitch your ideas for wacky sitcoms starring musicians

A show staring Iggy, Bowie, and Lou sharing an apartment. Lou would be the super-cool one who thinks he's the alpha, but he's also a total dick is actually the most fucked up out of all of them. Iggy is the lovable, goofy, endearingly stupid, out-of-control wildcard who gets into madcap situations and is probably also a secret genius. Bowie is somewhere in the middle and also acts as the protagonist. The show is called Kooks

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souvlaki_(album)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Lou is constantly dealing with the other two's shit, much to his frustration. He also hates Iggy.

A show based around that clickhole article on OK computer

>No Life 'Til Leather
Set in San Francisco, friends James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich want to start a band and make it in the heavy metal scene. They put out advertisements, and end up meeting additional main characters Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine. They settle on the name "Metallica." James is a sensitive, self-conscious artistic type who, despite his best intentions, often lets his temper and emotions get the better of him. Lars, AKA the George Constanza of the group, will resort to anything and everything to get Metallica off the ground, and most episodes revolve around his schemes to get the band a record deal. (His father, Torben Ulrich is a reoccuring character and berates Lars on not following his destiny as a professional tennis player.) Cliff, an intelligent, soft-spoken fellow is the straight man of the group and somehow always finds a way to bail the gang out of trouble. Finally, Dave, the loose cannon is known for his wild and unpredictable personality, and brings absurdist comedy to the show through his erratic actions and the many unsavory Bay Area characters he's in contact with. At the end of each episode, Metallica are on the brink of catching their "big break" in the industry, until Dave finds a way to screw it all up and they are back to square one.

Sounds a little too much like The Young Ones with rock stars and minus one character.

What the fuck is this?
A heavy metal version of The Monkees?

A show where Slowdive lives under one roof. Their neighbors are My Bloody Valentine and they always are dicks to Slowdive. Every episode is a war between the two.

A show like those old Looney Tunes episodes where Coldplay come up with several plots to break into the Radiohead studios to steal their ideas, but they always backfire and never actually manage to do it.

kek, probably. I was trying to base it on sitcoms i'd already seen as much as possible, but that one was unintentional. I did start to try to draw comparisions to the characters on It's Always Sunny, but it didn't really work. I'm fairly confident Lou would be Dennis, and Iggy fits Charlie pretty well, but that just leaves Bowie to be Mac, which doesn't really fit

Kek

no comment from nigel godrich?

a show about nothing

I just didn't get Nigel in the screenshot.

Scooby-Doo, but with Fugazi. The monsters are always major label representatives, and Henry Rollins & Bad Brains will occasionally guest star, like Don Knotts.

This is fucking genius

Thanks user.

Love Thy Neighbor.
Brian Wilson is a stay-at-home househusband, looking after his 3 month old baby. Mike Love is his hot rod lovin' next door neighbor, always tinkering with cars in his garage and coming over to annoy Brian. In this episode, Brian accidentally puts Mike's car oil into the baby's feeding bottle. "Hey cousin, I told ya not to fuck with the formula!" *audience whooping"

Perfect.

Ok so Ian is Shaggy, Guy is Fred, Joe is Velma, but Brendan doesn't fit with Daphne

They don't have an idiot dog either (unless Henry Rollins becomes a regular), so some concessions must be made.

Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra hang around and talk about the punk scene in the 80s and how violent and dangerous it was, but it was also home for outcasts, while jacking each other off.

Drake and Corpsegrinder have to share a dorm...

A show with the Gallagher brothers where they just spend their whole time arguing and beating the shit out of each other. This only stops when they have someone else to make fun of instead, each episode having a new guest for them to mock and beat up.

A wacky comedy where Ian Watkins is a teacher at a nursery

Call it "Our Kid," or alternatively "Are Kid" (for extra bantz)

George Clinton and Stephen Hawking are involved in a car accident, and end up in the same hospital. They strike up a magical friendship and start an an intellectual funk band which they call "Thunkadelic". Their zany onstage antics and educational lyrics (lyrics and vocals by Hawking), are secondary only to their wacky adventures offstage

underrated

Some kind of family sitcom, you know the usual. But Fripp is the grumpy old man and is always complaining about people pirating his shit.

The only time hes happy is when he wont shut up talking about either the good old days or the new projects hes been working on. Everyone neglects him for this.

hahahaha like there is a problem with that idea?

a parody of 1970's crime dramas, starring Beastie Boys

would watch

Under appreciated

How about a retirement home with Prog rock guys form Floyd, Yes and King Crimson called "Not Progressing Anymore"

Lmao

Thats genius

Rest of band: What are we going to do today Chris?
Chris: What we do every day, try and take over the alternative rock world.

Slice of life comedy anime, but all the characters are Japanese noise musicians.

Like Merzbow, Masonna and all those noise guys are all drawn as super feminine pretty boys and I don't know look for guitar pedals at second hand shops and play shows and get up to wacky hijink.

Merzbow definitely has a pet chicken that maybe talks (?)

No joke, I would probably watch the fuck out of that show.

/metal/ already came up with one back in 2015.

like Married At First Sight except it stars Robert Smith and Moz

Mark E Smith rants about things he hates for 30 minutes intersected by poems by John Cooper Clarke

Vaporwave sitcom where Vektroid and Blank Banshee are roomates who always come up short on rent and their land lord is Oneohtrix Point Never.

>Rubber Soul
When the kind-hearted Paul McCartney dies in a car crash, the Band is told that they need to replace him with a lookalike in order to prevent mass hysteria throughout the British youth. But the new Paul is nothing like the old one! He's a party animal and he's out of control! It's all sex, drugs and rock and roll for "Faul". Watch as John, George and Ringo try to deal with their wacky new band mate while trying to pretend that he's the same guy and keep their band together.

Kek

The Lesbian Sex Adventures of Deborah Harry and Joan Jett: an HBO exclusive.

The Animated Adventures of Tarkus.

>first season is GOAT and then the rest of the seasons are written by Moffat

I would only watch it if there's a reocurring character who puches them all in the gut every episode for being an embarassment to music

>from the begging my goal was to make an album that would get us sent to jail for the rest of our lives

LOL based thom yorke

The Hijinks of Brian Wilson, also featuring Murry Wilson, Gene Landy and Mike Love

>Not taking advantage of the cuckoldry that is behind the name souvlaki

a middle age Hip Hop megastar who has influenced the next few generations of music superstars is slowly drifting into insanity and losing his mind, and then he befriends a young new female singer who was influenced by his music and she helps him find himself again as they go on wacky Hollywood adventures and eventually fall in love

would watch these

?
Please explain this

sounds like a Lifetime original movie t b h

>The album's title was taken from a skit by The Jerky Boys, where one of the duo prank called a hotel manager asking him to perform sexual acts on their wife. Upon learning the manager was Greek, the caller says "My wife loves that Greek shit... She'll suck your cock like souvlaki."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souvlaki_(album)

Named after part of a skit where someone calls a hotel to get cucked

kek

Robert Fripp is the most level-headed person in the group, though more often than not he's extremely grouchy
Roger Waters is the whiny bastard who complains about everything, he takes extreme gratification out of reminding people his father died in WWII
Jon Anderson is fucking insane- he thinks everyone's an elf and refers to the retirement home as "Wonderland"
Rick Wakeman has the dirtiest mind of the group- literally his entire personality is just sex jokes

can't think of any more

I would watch it
Make it like Frank and have it star Nigel Godrich as a fairly normal dude trying to work with the band as they all (Thom especially) do a bunch of weird and eccentric shenanigans in the process of making their new album

Don't forget the cameo by the strange old legendary rockstar who occasionally pops in and there's a slow, sad moment in like the third season where they reveal he died

Underrated

Nirvana: After Hours

A surreal and drug-inspired "sitcom" about Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic going insane right after Kurt's death, graverobbing his headless corpse, and taking him to their dingy apartment, where Dave Grohl has weird conversations with Kurt's corpse. Since Dave Grohl is really high, Kurt has surreal and wacky conversations with Dave.

Krist always stays in his room doing DMT and catfishing underage girls (many episodes purely focus on the wacky rape and murder that ensues), sometimes coming out to provide deadpan and wacky commentary on their current situation.

In the last season, Dave and Krist get a warrant for graverobbing, serial murder, and serial rape after the gang get so high that the alive members of the group run around with Kurt, showing pedestrians video evidence of Krist's mass murder spree. When they fail to notice the warrant, they unintentionally get involved in a police shooting.

Krist commits seppuku with a rusty nail after coming down from his high in the first time in 5 years and realizing the police are shooting at him.

Dave cannot live without Krist, so he commits suicide by cop.

If any major TV stations wanna hit me up, I'm all ears.

The Boss

a reality show where every episode the boss of a business is replaced with Bruce Springsteen for a week to see how the business does

don't let discovery channel see this

that's not funny at all wtf

Late Night with Stefan Burnett

or

American Crime Story: The Trial of Michael Jackson

But like, the rape and murder is wacky tho.

He teams up with Mark Kozelek to put an end to the internet

Nice

idk about a full sitcom but i always imagined a sketch of kevin shields post-loveless being a strung out homeless busker but still with a full setup on the street

it's like a 14 year old's idea of what good entertainment is

write it and send it to the Portlandia people, maybe they'll pay you

I would unironically watch the shit out of this
We could start a series:
Put "The Killer" Jerry Lee Lewis in various death rows to see how he survives
Replace various monarchs for a week with "The King" Elvis Presley (a bit late for that one now, mind you)

a show built around Andrew W.K. trying to make all the saddest singer/songwriters / generally depressed musicians happy by taking them to zany events.

He tries taking Sufjan on a road trip but vast fields remind suffy of his mother/ repressed gayness.

He takes Phil Elverum to his wifes favorite amusement park.

He tries going bar hopping with Keaton Henson but it gets wild when Keaton's anxiety flairs up against Andrews natural outgoing-ness.

Trying to console Eddie Vedder while all of his best friends are dying

Flaming Lips: Wayne Coyne eats the spiciest food known to man

Cold Hard Cash: a one episode game show where the contestant is promised cold hard cash to answer 10 questions, when they win, the host rolls Johnny Cash's cryogenically frozen body on stage

The Guess Who: people in the street are shown a picture of a band and asked to answer what band it is for cash, the answer is always The Guess Who

A show where the ghosts of Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell and Layne Staley attempt to kill Eddie Vedder in a variety of wacky ways to bring him to the spirit world

lmao

Liam Gallagher Learns Things
Liam Gallagher of Oasis is just taken around the world and taught stuff by leading figures in the field, and we just film what he has to say about it all

Tries to take Mark Kozelek to the theme park, but his favorite rollercoaster has been demolished.

so it's just An Idiot Abroad 2.0?

he tries to take Mark Kozelek to Panera Bread but he fucking dies

Oh yeah, I forgot about that

>turn it down, Kevin! We're trying to get to sleep!!

Ian is clearly Velma

This isn't an original idea, but I would love a rap combat based TV show, where rappers fight and their words take shape and attack their rivals and you have to diss back to avoid losing the rap battle. The show could involve a nobody that get's into the rap industry and has to fight his way through, with silly cameos like Kanye West and MC Ride and eventually reaching the top and the plot twist is that the rap god is some stupid shit like Hopsin, Lil B or Viper

This is the greatest idea for a TV show ever made. If I was an eccentric millionaire, I'd give you money to fund the show. Not being ironic here. I'd genuinely love this show.

user, you're a genius

>Season 2, Episode 3 "Kidney Beans"
>Krist kidnaps Frances Bean Cobain. And eats her organs

Other than that you're show is terrible

He goes on the hunt for Richie Edwards and finds him in the English wilderness, attempts to talk him back into society but he experiences culture shock after being gone for 22 years

But the wacky twist is they always get distracted by heroin binges

Holy shit I wanna see this so bad

Buddy cop series featuring the members of The Who. Pete is the most level-headed one and kind of a straight man but tends to be a heavy drinker. Roger is the smooth-talking goody two shoes "good cop" that tries to get all the girls, while Keith is the loose cannon that does crazy shit and is the "bad cop", and John is the quiet but overly effective one that is the only one that keeps Keith in check.

Andrew tries to help Jeremiah Green out from his nervous breakdown by inviting him to one of his famous 24 hour drum marathons

Lmao

Or they don't get a replacement and they have to pretend Paul is still alive à la weekend at bernies

Happiness In Slavery

Meet Trent Reznor, the long suffering husband to Mariqueen Maandig-Reznor and their four children. Watch as he attempts to juggle family life, his mental health and addiction problems, his music career, and 'Uncle' Atticus Ross, the happy-go lucky uncle figure and comic relief to Reznor's brooding nature. Also frequently gets in trouble because he has no filter.

Early seasons featured David Bowie as his mentor and father figure, but tragically the writers decided to kill him off for Emmy bait.

>This Charming Man

A bleak but humorous sitcom following Morrissey through his post-college years as a struggling and frequently unemployed author and musician in late 1970's Britain. Morrissey is a pretentious introvert and spends most of his time writing or insulting people.

In a manner akin to shows like Louie, the show derives a lot of its comedy from poking fun at the MC's various character flaws. Side characters include the members of Morrissey's earlier bands such as The Nosebleeds, and his various bosses and coworkers, whom he frequently disparages and looks down upon.

"also creep is a bad song"