/dark/

It's been too long, post and talk about goth rock, deathrock, darkwave, cold wave, horropunk, industrial, post-industrial and so on. Currently listening to some classic goth rock from our favorite Punks turned Goths The Damned.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=73BRUvQztMI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw7bug2Gvs&t=2674s
youtube.com/watch?v=E5e64sqlZys
youtube.com/watch?v=a1oSXlU0ZUk
youtube.com/watch?v=JrYVhCAGDNA
youtube.com/watch?v=7TnyZekuvfg
youtube.com/watch?v=-_gGeVPla-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bela Lugosi is still dead

A different kind of dark...

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw7bug2Gvs&t=2674s

undead undead undead

Anyone able to suggest more like this? I've been into this album for almost ten years, ever since it was released, and I've never heard anything else like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5e64sqlZys

youtube.com/watch?v=a1oSXlU0ZUk

Batman!!

Lebanon Hanover is awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrYVhCAGDNA

Anyone have some links to Rudimentary Peni's 2013 remasters? Specifically looking for Cacophony

hey /dark/, where do you go to discuss music other than Sup Forums. i've been watching these threads and contributing when i can but they die off pretty quick.

What did you guys think of the concept/references in the new Mountain Goats album? On point?

Big fan of industrial and post-industrial (neofolk mainly). Would I like Bauhaus? The "goth rock" stuff doesn't especially appeal to me though. Maybe darkwave/coldwave but idk where to start with that stuff.

Maybe. I'm not too familiar with Bauhaus other than a few songs so i can't help you there. But definitely check out Dead Can Dance if you haven't yet.

Other than them I recommend Dargaard for darkwave, along with Die Verbannten Kinder Evas. If you're looking for something more "conventional" in terms of instrumentation, early Pink Turns Blue is good. For coldwave, the french scene is what I dig. Little Nemo, Asylum Party, Mary Goes Round. I hear people talk about Escape With Romeo but I never really got to far into them.

Listen to Bela Lugosi's Dead, the most essential gothic rock recording, then listen to In the Flat Field. Doing this takes about 50 minutes so just do it.

Remember the good old days when Grime and Dubstep were dark as fuck?

Anyway, a bit of old-school darkness for you all
youtube.com/watch?v=7TnyZekuvfg

Fetlife usually.

>tfw i'm from a small town and found my local postman on fetlife

never again. also other than liking light bondage and some butt stuff i'm pretty vanilla, i felt kind of alienated by fetlife.

Somebody recommend me some good music with a southern gothic feel to it. Only ones I can think of are some Tom Waits albums and Those Poor Bastards, although I'm not really huge on them.

Have you checked out Lonesome Wyatt? It's a solo project from half of the duo behind TPB. Frankly I prefer his solo work over the stuff he does with the Bastards. His collab stuff with Rachel Brookes is great too.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_gGeVPla-A

It was lame.