The Great Debate

Who was better at their peak and who's better All Time?

Until Brees gets a ring I'd say Rodgers is better all time. Brees has been great at stat padding, though.

Brees already has a ring you dumb nigger

>which system babby is better

great thread OP

>being THIS fucking new

>Until Brees gets a ring
18+

brees

Rodgers is a smart QB, kinda cheeky sometimes and plays for a good organization.

Brees is a risk taker, the kind of QB any good organization would want as he makes any scrub look like an elite receiver, not to mention he has played for two shit organizations.

I think the answer to both is Brees.

Aaron Rodgers will go down as a Top 10 All Time QB. Drew Brees will not.

That answers your question.

excellent point, friend
>tips fedora
however, this is the best qb of all time, the original goat

>Aaron Rodgers will go down as a Top 10 All Time QB. Drew Brees will not.

Drew Brees
>Super Bowl champion (XLIV)
>Super Bowl MVP (XLIV)
>9× Pro Bowl (2004, 2006, 2008–2014)
>4× NFL passing touchdowns leader (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
>6× NFL passing yards leader (2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
>3× First-team All-Pro (2006, 2008, 2009)
>2× NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2008, 2011)

Rodgers
>Super Bowl champion (XLV)
>Super Bowl MVP (XLV)
>2× NFL Most Valuable Player (2011, 2014)
>5× Pro Bowl (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
>2× First-team All-Pro (2011, 2014)

???

Brees clearly has the better rèsumè and will be Top 10 All Time, Rodgers needs 1 more Owl to be Top 10.

Drew Brees is often forgot about when even discussing who the top 3 best QBs in the league are right now.

No one will care to mention him in the top 10 all time.

drew brees is statistically the best qb ever, he might go down as GOAT.

Rodgers at his peak
Brees all time

>he might go down as GOAT.
Lol no he won't you stupid Saints fan.

Brees only won an owl because of bountygate. Rodgers actually plays for an honest organization, and history will remember him justly. The Saints have readily employed rapists, racists, gang members, domestic abusers, you name it.

brees has more heart and determination than almost anyone to ever play the game, fact

kys Aints cuck

Brees is overlooked but is probably going to retire with the most passing yards in NFL history.

Rodgers will probably never match Brees' career accomplishments but I think Rodgers' best season is better than Brees best season.

As fans we've been lucky to live at a time when 3 (or potentially 4) of the 10 (or so) best QBs of all time were all playing. Brees is unlucky because he's always been overshadowed by Manning and Brady, but when it's all said and done he's going to outpace everyone for most yards all time.

TL:DR if Manning and Brady never existed we'd all be talking about Brees as the potential GOAT.

Yards don't really mean anything when you're a dome babby like Brees is. Plus they've literally never even tried to run the ball. He has always had like 50 passing attempts per game. Meh. It's more impressive what Rodgers does in 20 degree frigid cold with a ball that feels like a rock.

Brees is also a wonderful human being. There are a lot of QBs you can say bad things about but Brees isn't one of them.

>Brady = hated by everyone for being the GOAT
>Manning = hated by Brady fags and people who don't like athletes that use HGH, sexually assault women and then try to throw darkies under the bus for it
>Rodgers = No one cums in his mouth without paying the price
>Romo = is pathetic
>Cam = swag draws the ire of closeted racists and genuine sportsmen
>Russlel = is a literal cuck and plays on an incredibly unlikable team
>Stafford = doesn't have the stats or accomplishments to hang with the big boys

Brees on the other hand has always been a nice guy that people have seen get kind of screwed over but rose to the occasion to become one of the best ever.
The worst people will ever say about Brees is pic related which has calmed down over the last few years as his home/away splits have started to even out.

A QB capable of carrying the whole offense is pretty impressive m8.

the reason they throw the ball so much is because of the talent of brees. I don't understand the hesitation or reluctance to admit brees is at LEAST top 5 all time. He is a model nfl player on and off the field with all of the accolades to back it up

Not impressive when he can only do it at home in a dome.

Brees throws so much because for his entire career he's played on an inferior team with next to no defense. You can't fault the guy for doing whatever's necessary to keep his team in the game.
Look at the list of all time passing yards leaders, they're all elite level quarterbacks with HOF careers. Having to throw a lot shouldn't count against you.

You're probably the only person who thinks that.

>Who was better at their peak
Rodgers
>who's better All Time
Rodgers

Brady.

What annoys me about Brees is that he still demands like 20+ million dollars a year and takes up large chunk of the team's cap space. He could be like Brady, take 8-9 million a year and help the team out a bit and give them a chance to sign players to improve the team. Is getting shitloads of money more important than giving your team the best chance to have a run at the Super Bowl?

brees deserves to be appropriately compensated for being one of the best players in the league.

Rightfully so, but he already had a big contract and makes millions from commercials. Does he really need all that money?

Brees easy

Better player and passer. Rodgers had 3 years to prep with farce ahead of him then came into a loaded team which is constantly reloaded or resigned on offense. Brees is pretty much the only reason the saints aren't the Rams

Rodgers goes down someone else can slide in and perform the same

Brees goes down its game over

Kind of like Rodgers is a great racecar driver
But Brees is the race at driver and the racecar

he's being paid market value for top performance, has nothing to do with arbitrary values of "too much money"

>Rodgers goes down someone else can slide in and perform the same

I've read some dumb shit on here in my time, but this is up there.

Rodgers to both, although both should be first ballot hall of famers Brees struggled at times in the early portion of his career and more inconsistent on the road than Rodgers is.

Rodgers had a better arm and mobility to go along with unbelievable accuracy that teams didn't really know to handle from 2009-2012. Brees was dominant in that stretch too, but mostly at home.

I unironically thing Brees is probably the best QB of his generation when it comes to pure skill. If he constistently had a defense like the Pats, the Steelers or the Ravens he would've won more than just one ring.

That's only because Brees was fucked in San Diego playing Martyball handing it off to Tomlinson and only passing on predictable first downs. He has more freedom with the Saints and it shows.

>mostly at home
Actually Saints had the best road record in the league between 2009 and 2011, despite the dome babby memes.

Well Tom Brady is kind of the exception to the rule. You don't see other quarterbacks taking the massive pay cuts that Brady does.
At least Brees is worth top-tier QB money. Look at guys like Flacco and Osweiler, taking advantage of teams and not being nearly the player Brees is.

>multimillionaire
>set for life
>demands more gibs instead of allowing his shit team to afford a defense
shit teammate desu

lol

Probably because unlike Brady, Brees isn't married to a supermodel who's richer than her husband.

Brees' contract isn't a problem, he deserves every penny. The problem is that retard Loomis overpaying complete busts especially in the defense. Alex Brown, Junior Galette, Charles Grant and Jairus Byrd ring a bell?

Nah, Brady is just a team first guy and isn't as greedy as Brees. A guy who makes 10 million is living the same lifestyle as a guy who makes 20 million, so why not take a pay cut to make your team better and play in mid January every season?

I'm dead serious, this wasn't even a jab at Brady. Giselle earns 35 million a year which is far more than Brady. He's simply way less depending on his salary than Brees is so taking a relatively smaller contract doesn't hurt him that much.

Brees will retire soon and Rodgers has about 8 years left. He'll overtake him easily.

How is Brees not a top 10 all time QB?

In no particular order: Brady, Peyton, Brees, Montana, Marino, Unitas, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Staubach. Young.

I have Bart Starr, Len Dawson, Fran Tarkenton, Otto Graham, and Terry Bradshaw higher than Brees.

Lol wat

Brees is better. He has better stats overall and Gaygers won't even cum close to beating his stats.

Brees is and always has been less than elite who lucked into playing for a city that was hit by a hurricane. That Owl was gifted because everyone assumed Manning was going to go win like 6 more.

Rodgers is more talented but not by much.

Literally who: the list

>I rate Fran Tarkenton

>rèsumè

kek

>Fran Tarkenton

>Until Brees gets a ring

Go away Peyton

Well in the case of guys like Flacco and Osweiler I get that, they want their big money contract before they get exposed. But I think Brees is on his third big deal and there's no reason why he shouldn't opt for a lower salary to help improve his team. But yeah, I guess Brady is simply an exception to the rule.

in a vacuum i'm fine with players getting as much as they can. BUT brees is a fucking cock who can die in a fire because in 2010 (iirc) he publicly pressured jimmy graham into taking a lower contract to stay with the team so that they could afford more quality players, then in 2012 brees signed the most expensive contract ever up to that point. so yeah, fuck that guy.

>As fans we've been unlucky to live at a time when diva qbs and wrs are offered all the protection in the world to pad their stats and defenses are crippled by the rules
ftfy

>implying Green Bay has ever had competent runners

m8

continued
in the top 25 qbs by passer rating there are 3 (THREE!) qbs who didn't play in the 2000s. 17 of them are still active.

fucking disgusting.

I always thought that Roger Staubach had the highest rating of all time when he retired. I guess not. Thanks NFL films for Cowboys propaganda.

Well what does that tell you about Passer Rating as a way of measuring QB worth? It doesn't.

Any statistic that has Tony Romo in the top 3, Chad Pennington in the top 13 but Johnny Unitas nowhere to be found isn't worth using.

I'm disgusted that tannehill is on that list

he did for the super bowl era

it provides a simple way to roughly compare yards+tds-ints, which if you'd actually read and you'd know i was complaining about statistical inflation of those numbers due to recent (

The OFFICIAL Top 10 Greatest QBs of All Time

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana (4 SBs plus 3rd in all time win %)
3. Dan Marino (One of the only guys on this list to win Rookie of the Year, so consistently great for a long career)
4. Drew Brees (He and Manning are very close to one another but Drew will own Manning's yardage record if he can play another year, he never used HGH and he played on far less talented teams)
5. Peyton Manning (Owns a number of records that will probably be broken sooner rather than later)
6. John Elway (Super Bowl appearances/wins/less INTs put him ahead of Favre)
7. Brett Favre (Only one super bowl and most INTs of all time, can't put him higher than this)
8. Johnny Unitas (That's a lot of passing yards for a guy who played in the 1950's)
9. Jim Kelly (Of everyone on this list he had the shortest career at 10 years. Still managed to go to 4 Super Bowls and finish in the top 25 of passing yards. First "modern" QB)
10. Aaron Rodgers (Just beats out Tarkenton, Moon, because he has a ring and the potential for another. Outside shot at becoming all time NFL yardage leader)

Honorable mentions:
Fran Tarkenton
Roger Staubach
Warren Moon
Steve Young

Agod is a top 5 qb of all time. Brees is a stat padder

>noting rumors about HGH use for Manning while not acknowledging Brady's suspension and numerous Patriots fines for cheating

Top kek Brady is a fraud

T. Bills fan

>implying bills fans are sober enough to use the Internet

Breesus > Godgers desu

t. Packers fan

Both are great at beating up on bad teams, but shit the bed against good defenses. I'll give Rodgers the edge for now because he hasn't done it all in a dome, but I question whether he can last as long as Brees since he's always getting hurt.

>this fucking thread

THE OBJECTIVELY CORRECT LIST OF THE TOP 10 QUARTERBACKS OF THE AFL/MERGER ERA (1960-present)

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
5. Roger Staubach
6. Dan Marino
7. John Elway
8. Steve Young
9. Brett Favre
10. Aaron Rodgers

Brees is in the 11-15 range, probably #12 behind Tarkenton.

I know Brady makes you butthurt but you do understand there is zero evidence that any of those footballs were deflated right? Like they don't even have the measurements for them. On top of that, since the accusations Brady has performed better using the most carefully watched footballs in history.
Meanwhile Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house and then coincidentally recovered from neck surgery and had his greatest statistical season ever. Then got caught and completely fell off a cliff.

Terrible list. Of course it was compiled by a tripfag.

You are fucking retarded

aww, another madfag mad that I rated Brady #1, how cute

Rodgers is objectively better than Favre though

There was plenty of evidence and Brady was suspended and convicted by the courts for lying and cheating.

Manning is a respected American hero who has never been suspended for cheating.

Sorry you are upset that you worship a fraud. You should probably look up to someone who is not a laughingstock.

I don't normally reply to tripfags but I'm a Patriots fan and I believe Brady is number one. But the rest of your list is shit.

No there wasn't. In fact, the only time the case went in front of a judge who was focused on the actual incident, rather than the NFL's power to hand out suspensions, said there was no evidence and ruled in favor of Brady.
The NFL has nothing except the right to do whatever it feels like at any time to any player.
"More likely than not generally aware..."

>better at their peak
Jake Plummer
>All time
P. Manning

It's not even debatable.

how so, user?

>I don't normally reply to tripfags

and yet you just did :)

Brees is a notorious stat padder, and is often still throwing deep late in the fourth quarter while up by 3+ td's. Rodgers is often taken out of games with entire quarters left because their team has the game in the bag already.

Despite all that, Rodgers is only behind Brees in ypg and completion percentage. He's better than Brees, and by a large margin in some cases, in every other stat.

Rodgers is, and likely still will be after both players retire, better than Brees.

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Roger Staubach
4. Peyton Manning
5. Johnny Unitas
6. Brett Favre
7. Steve Young
8. Dan Marino
9. John Elway
10. Bart Starr

>9. Jim Kelly

No

Yes

>the city of a fucking leaf

Don't forget the league gifting them a Super Bowl because they felt bad about Katrina

Bress LITERALLY killed his own mom

Young is was quite a bit better than Kelly m8

have you seen how retarded some of these opinions on here are? only a drunk would think such idiocy

Explain

this farve was the ultimate "fuck it im going deep" wb

He's also the greatest single free agency signing in the history of the NFL.....possibly all of sports.

No one player acquired via free agency ever completely turned around a franchise (and his own career) so dramatically.

just a meme. his estranged mom ran for a political office and implied an endorsement and Drew did not endorse her (or at least had a cease and desist for her using his likeness). she died of a pill overdose a few years later.

>possibly all of sports.

nah, ill give you nfl but lebron james to miami >>>>>>>> brees to the saints

But Miami had already tasted success in the same decade, with Shaq and Wade.

Brees turned around a franchise. LeBron just took a franchise to a new level.

Ohh shit. Thanks