Brazilian guy planning a tramp trip to Patagonia, a la Into The Wild. AMA

Brazilian guy planning a tramp trip to Patagonia, a la Into The Wild. AMA.

Looks like no fucks where given that day.

That looks beautiful. How are you travelling? I'd have chosen a dirt bike or enduro.

I'm still trying to decide if i'll use a bike or go on foot. I don't know if it's a good idea to roam Brazil in a bike.

On foot would be cool but a lot to carry?

Fuck is a tramp trip?

Maybe use a mountain bike with lots of bagage racks?

Mainly food, i'll use a light tarp and a jungle hammock for shelter. Not sure if i'll use a 50l or 75l bag, but i think i can handle any of those two.
The bike would help with this matter, but i want to travel light and unnoticed most of the time. I'm trying to find a route where i can skip most of the populated areas and travel through forests. I have a lot of experience hiking and camping in jungle and heavily forested areas, but i'm almost a potato to interact with others, so i think i'll be safer avoiding people.

No money, travelling on foot or bike. taking lifts if necessary. We have lots of farms over here, so i'll probably stop sometimes to do some work for a week or a few days and ressuply.

You Will need money... That place is expensive, I know cuz I live there

Also, the final goal would be to build a ger/yurt style shelter and live as long as possible of the land. I don't exactly have plans to return home.

I'm planning to go to the "wild patagonia" not "populated patagonia".

Whatever you probably end Up as a nigger slave or something here, good luck user.

Then you would probably need to farm animals?

is a good idea to roam brazil at all?

Brazil is fuckt Up rigth now

Lucky bastard. Always dreamed of going there to climb.

if you want to go into the wild why not just stay in brazil?

Dilma ou Lula?

probably still better than living in a brazilian fabela.

Hunt and farm, if possible, but mostyle hunt.

Not usually.

Most of our native areas are already dead or dying or infect by criminals and drug dealers. Also, as ironic as it may sound, it's usually pretty hard to find game animals here, since most of our faune is gone or dying.

Nenhum.

I actually live in the southern part of brazil, we don't have favelas here.

>Brazilian
>planing

Bump.

Modern Brazil was build on a house of cards that was bound to collapse at some point. Not that it was that impressive at its height to begin with. Argentina or Chile might not be bad places to move OP in my opinion. Those are the only two countries that I know of in Central/South America that remotely have their shit together.

Argentina is fine, the most developed country in that region, but chile is a mess.

Next thing you know everyone will be moving there and they get to have a media spotlight on diversity! Seriously it's just a bunch of foreigners coming to mooch off of your country's success.

I like what a lot of smaller countries did when they foresaw these kinds of problems. You can only immigrate there if you bring a lot of desirable skills otherwise fuck off.

rip