Hey are there any Trux fans seeing the band on their EU leg of the tour...

Hey are there any Trux fans seeing the band on their EU leg of the tour? They've got exclusive EU shirts they're selling and I wanted to see if I could get someone to buy/ship some to me. I'll throw $10 on top of the shirt price for your efforts. Lemme know. Email: burnertrux at gmail dot com

Other urls found in this thread:

brooklynvegan.com/neil-michael-he/
linkedin.com/in/neil-hagerty-7336b24/
lightningjukebox.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html
feathered-fish.com/skullring.html
youtu.be/70_TjRD8xBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sent :)

I'm looking to buy 1 med black hoodie (top), and 1 med & 1 large grey shirts (mid)

message the band?

Already tried. They don't listen to me haha

Heard some of the recordings. O hate reunions but they're surprisingly good. Neil's guitar somehow transcends the bullshit.

Bump for justice

fuck, those t-shirts are cool

You can totally tell the 2 Jennifer designed and the one Neil designed. kek

Hysteric Glamour just put a Trux t-shirt too. Not sure if it's only available in Japan.

This is the design from the US tour shirts. I scanned my shirt in and made a vector of it

Similar lettering to the 'Victory Chimp' Trux shirt I bought from Drag City in '92.

This one? I save trux shirt pics I come across. If you're interested i'll buy that shirt off you, and if you have any other Trux merch. Email me :o

Yep. I still have it! Sorry, not for sale.

You're prob talking to the #1 Trux collector.

Other one I found

Dude it's hard for me to find other trux obsessors. I'd love to talk trux with you if you're interested haha. I've got around 35 live performance recordings of them I'd love to send you if you don't have them

you're not from Ireland are you?

I've seen every Trux tour since 1990.

I'm from Texas. I'm the dude who wrote that massive RYM Twin Infinitives review.

this too. From Thank You era

did you see the Brooklyn TI show?

Best Trux line up was from around 98 when they had David Pajo on bass and Jon Theodore on drums.

Sadly no. I've been hunting for a recording of that show ever since. All i've heard was a snippet of NY Avenue Bridge someone posted to tumblr

I'm trying to link you to it on my google drive but I keep getting spam flagged

I was there.

It was on YT but it's not there anymore.

Jennifer is supposedly putting together a Trux DVD so maybe that's why?

Dammit that's disheartening. I hope she is. I'd love to hear the twisted versions of Twin songs they did that night. Is there anything you can describe about the performances? Like the weirder songs, Yin Jim/Florida Avenue Team/Kool Down Wheels, or even the setting of the concert? Maybe pics or recordings you took? :)

No pics. It was at what is primarly a heavy metal bar (which Neil said was on purpose as to replicate the TI era). VERY faithful reproduction. Sounded exactly like the record. Neil even produced sheet music. Impressive. Singer was easy on the eyes.

Neil was also wearing the same (apparently very old) White Light/White Heat t-shirt that you can see him wearing in pics from the TI era on SLU. (I appreciate little details like that)

here: brooklynvegan.com/neil-michael-he/

You don't have that demo do you? As far as I know, there is only 1 known to be in existence and sold for like $125 a few years ago.

Do you have Live from Gettysburg? If so, please put on YouTube.

I know Jen has a digital copy of it. I have a tumblr buddy who knows the buyer of the $125 one. Tumblr guy was allowed by the seller to upload snippets of that cassette. I've made mp3's of those snippets and uploaded them to my drive. I'll send it to you if you email me :o along with the other stuff I have

Of all the things out there that's one I don't have.

There maybe a copy in my parent's basement. I'll check next time I'm there. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a copy for sale.

If you're interested I believe there is a copy of the Jet Boys NW demo online, and also an even older band Neil was in in high school.

You bet I'm interested! Where can this be found?

Have to do some digging. Stay tuned.

I wonder if any of the other Vitus performers could be contacted? If they have anything to say or show about the experience. Maybe scans of the tabs he wrote out?

I'm sure. Charles Ballas played and he was also in Dan'l Boone and some versions of Howling hex.

Hagerty's LinkedIn page. Kek

linkedin.com/in/neil-hagerty-7336b24/

Here you go bro. Scroll down. The 'Man Ray' demo from '83. Neil must have been 18.

lightningjukebox.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

That's Hagerty's only online presence isn't it? Other than the bizarro hex tumblr page. I dunno if he'd respond to any questions sent his way though... oh shit wait there's a hex twitter too.

yeah, he's on twitter.

Neil's cool if it's a good question and you're being sincere.

What kind of trux stuff have you collected? You say you're the #1 trux collector

I've got doubles of most of the cassettes, a radio promo Sweet Sixteen cassette, the 4 of one 1/2 dozen and dante's vendetta cassettes, most of the vinyl/singles, a few US 2017 tour shirts, the comic, black bananas stuff too. Just received the Spyder Brain vinyl.

I'm not a huge bootleg collector. I've got all of the official releases including videos, pink heart society newsletter (including the cassettes and the ring), all the videos etc. All of the Howling Hex stuff. Most of the shirts.

And really my favorite: some of the original artwork.

What the Spyder Brain vinyl? Is that the 7inch BB just put out?

When you say original artwork... what does that entail?

Did they make different issues of the Pink Hearts newsletter? I've only seen one poorly scanned image of the zine.

I'm going to possibly annoy and offend you buy asking: would you ever sell the ring?

Yeah Spydr Brain/Frozen Margaritas is a Black Bananas single they just put out. It's like funk-ed out freeform On The Corner era Miles Davis.

>When you say original artwork... what does that entail?
The literal original paintings done by Neil.

>Did they make different issues of the Pink Hearts newsletter?

only 1 iirc

>I'm going to possibly annoy and offend you buy asking: would you ever sell the ring?

no, but : feathered-fish.com/skullring.html

If you don't mind my curiosity- how'd you go about getting those paintings? That's an incredible thing to own. I'd prod even further to ask for photos but I know I'm hassling you quite a bit already

bought them for Neil.

Some I paid little for, some I paid a few thousand.

That's awesome. Sorry for the annoying pushy fanboyism I'm giving off. I don't find many trux fans with collections like that. Thanks for your time dude

saw them in Manchester, they were awful

Nah dude, you're not bothering me. It's fun talking about this stuff.

I heard Jennifer was wasted. Accurate?

they were, weren't they? i thought the sound man might have been fucking them up too, but CHRIST they really were awful. jennifer was so fucking blasted on something and had no idea what was going on.
i swear michael gira was about to flatten the sound man too, so maybe it was him.

Worst, I've heard from the reunions so far. Jennifer is drunk and Neil is annoyed.

youtu.be/70_TjRD8xBs

I heard the live record and was pretty annoyed by jennifer ruining most of the songs.

at least she didn't beat the drunken mess that was mark smith

I was at the NYC show. I thought they were pretty good. Better than I expected.

You got the new record already? I pre-ordered the cassette but it hasn't come yet.

ha, I'm sure. They're playing w/ each other again at cropped out soon.

I saw one of the early BB shoes and Jennifer was so drunk she literally couldn't stand. I had to leave. I was embarrassed for her.

I heard it on her banana question podcast. I made an audacity recording of it. She didn't upload it so I stole that shit

yeah, I listened to that.

copies are on ebay though. I didn't realize bands still did promos.

Well hey I'd love to talk to you more sometime. Hit my email up

NOW YOU KNOW I'M READYY

IS THAT A QUESTION

YOU WILD SCHEMES ARE NOTHING BUT PIPE DREAMS

COMPROMISE CHARLIE

YO SEYYYY

bump

Anyone into trux I want more trux buddies to talk to. Hit me up at the OP email or my RYM is dg_7z