Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas?

Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas?

What about it?

New vegas better overall but three does a few things better like atmosphere.

Idk Satan, my friend gave me an Xbox 360 he don't use anymore (it in good condition) and it came with a scratched up copy of fallout new vegas, and I was gonna go to the store and buy another. I've never played new vegas, and I just wanna know if it's better or worse than fallout 3

They are both worth playing if u never have

this

they each have a slightly different draw

Thanks. All I know about new vegas is that it starts in the same setting like fallout 1, and 2 are in--somewhere in California--other than fallout 3. And also that you're some courier and not a vault dweller

What are the slightly different draws?

New Vegas all the way

3 feels bigger/you feel more important, interesting to go through DC - esp. in context of the other games

NV is more like previous versions, expansive, survival aspects are good, also more advanced gameplay

Obv. NV is in the desert and the theme is fun and pretty, 3, being in DC, feels more impactful

Why not both? NV had better writing

>fallout 3 feels more impactful

Not at all, New Vegas I can choose which faction gets into power, or to fuck them all and put myself in power.

Fallout 3 I'm just some nerd following in my dad's footsteps, all of which are pointless when you think about it.

I see now. Thanks my dude

I can't argue that without spoiling the plot but:

glorified mailman turned cosplay enthusiast

If you have never played a fallout game I suggest starting with fo3
Its pretty shitty storywise but otherwise its pretty fun and gets you used to how the game functions.

New vegas is in a much bigger league and better in almost every way but quite complicated for first timers.
If you look up how the game works along with how the stats function then you could start new vegas first i guess.

What's the situation in new vegas in general anyways?

YOU'RE A FAG! FUCK YOU!!

New Vegas was definitely more challenging

Both are fun for different reasons. Fallout 3 had a good setting and environments. New vegas had better writing and expanded on character building more greatly.

Just please dont go to Sup Forums. Ever.

>Just please dont go to Sup Forums. Ever.
on this we can all agree

Naw go fallout new Vegas.

Fallout 3 is too black and white, either your with the good faction or the bad. Not to mention that the storyline is all for naught when you consider that some of the things in the game. It's all pointless, it tries to make you feel big and Important with the stupidest reasons.

New Vegas on the other hand makes you choose between ambiguous factions, has a storyline that makes some sense and makes you feel big via your actions. It's better

Sup Forums is full of Redditard faggots and underage dipshits

>take fallout 3
>go over every line of code with a fine tooth comb and systematically dismantle every functional aspect of the game
>release as fallout new vegas
>profit

>just don't go to Sup Forums ever

That's why I'm here user. I don't know where else to go

Tale of Two Wastelands

OP please post more damaged animu
I need to expand my collection

Same here so all I'll say is:

WadsWorths gives you something to drink, son.

Stay mad. New Vegas kicks the shit out of 3

If you want I could go autismo and dump a wall of text all about new vegas to get you started?

Sorry I don't that's the only one I got when I was browsing through /his/

You should absolutely play both but I agree with other anons that NV is the more fun. On top of everything else, there's just a feel to it that's really pleasing

Please user... no. I don't want this

>browses /his/
How is it? The only obscure board i browse is /sci/

BITCH FUCK YOU

Okay cupcake, just have fun and dont let todd 'the rod god' howhard find you have been playing an obsidian game

It's just a bunch of dudes arguing over historical stuff and other things. Its not bad, but some areas can get pretty stupid. But it kinda gives me an idea of what people think about certain things, and the board kinda helps me from being some closed minded individual about certain topics (religion, culture, etc.)

Ye your mad. Face it, Bethesda got beaten by obsidian twice

W-why... what's wrong with obsidian's games?

Looks like we got a wee lil Bethesda bitch here guys

Always liked history as a topic. School was 50% nazis so evil and 50% industrial revolution.

The only time I learned something cool was all the way back in year 5 where i did ancient Egyptian culture and beliefs followed by Alexander the great.

I have a strong feeling this retarded is going to claim he was trolling
>inb4 I was only pretending to be mad

This beats them both OP

/thread

Fallout one and teo was made by black isle
Fallouts rights where bought by bethesda who warped the lore slightly.
Obsidian was granted the rights to make a single fallout game and they had several of fallout 1 & 2s writers.
Obsidian was more generally recived than fallout 3 as fnv stayed closer to the origonal games.

But I like 'em all

Also true. Oblivion was a ton of fucking fun, relaly loved combining spells, something which is lost in all the other games.

New Vegas is more open and fun, FO3 is more gritty and difficult, more satisfying finish.

New Vegas. As much as I loved 3 the myriad of ways you can complete quests in NV is unprecedented and ADS helps combat a whole lot. There are other advantages it has like a better dialogue system due to your skills having a direct impact on how you can handle any given situation.

Oblivion was fun, but I kept forgetting to repair my gear so I kept dying and got frustrated that I kept dying even on the lowest difficulty. Then a year later I learned that you had to maintain your gear. Then it became fun again.

NOTE: i never played any Elder Scrolls game till skyrim came out and I played the series backwards till morrowind. So I didn't know about the durability system because of skyrim

I prefer New Vegas' quests especially as it pertains to the main quest. In retrospect I find Oblivion's main quest to be pretty eh.

You can literally get it done for a few gold at any smith, and can do it yourself.... for... free with with hundreds of repair hammers you find
>You are fucking retarded

I didn't really like the main quest either. Especially having to get rid of the oblivion gate in everyone's city

It literally explains durability to you, do you not know how to read?

I played arena, then quit because I need a map because I'm autistic faggot.

Then played dagger fall, same reason

Then played Morrowwind, great game, tons of fun, quit because I couldn't navigate map. Had some slave arggonian following me because I couldn't find out where to bring him. It was fun,

Oblivion is the best so far, tons of fucking fun, played as some brawler using only fists. Such a good game

Never played Skyrim because I felt like it dumbed down the series.

I'm sincerely sorry for upsetting you guys. I'll do better next time I promise. . .

Fallout 4 is best.

I used to have a notebook full of info of quests and when I started them, direction to the quest location and any important thing the box that gave me the quest said. I even drew a legen of Zelda-like style map for every dungeon I went to just so I didn't get lost. I know, i know. I'm autistic

Npc not box. Autocorrect

M-me too

Naw it was the only to play it.

NEW VEGAS FFS

also /thread

Okay, but can ya put the knife down please. We're discussing what game to play not what religion to follow Ahmed

It also has the best DLC

I prefer New Vegas because of the setting and atmosphere, but they're both good.

allah snackbar
the new vegas old world blues fucked up my my whole new vegas in general.
if pc yes, omg. very intense dlcs.

FUCK OFF
NO I ACTUALLY AM MAD. GO EAT SHIT!

wops, forgot to mention my ps3 game got fucked.

I...I don't w-want to go back there user...

This was a nice thread with some nice people. Goodbye thread.

It's alright to accept that Bethesda don't know how to make games anymore and should just turn over thier IP to oblivion once again.

Don't take it too hard user

>TFW Doctor Dala is robo-Waifu

>Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas?
This thread. Every time.
Fallout 3 had better atmosphere.
New Vegas had better story supposedly.

>inb4 comparing to Fallout1/2 (and even Tactics)
Pre-Fallout 3 Was done by Black Isle Studios/Interplay.

I honesty still enjoy Fallout 2.

I could go on about each of the games..

Stone?

3 is the better shooter, New Vegas is the better RPG

>Hardly any story line with legion

Fallout 3 is way better aesthetically. The New Vegas desert looked and felt like shit

NCR gained a serious fetish for rapid expansion between FO2 and NV and are now trying to take NV because Hoover Dam is a rare source of sustainable energy and NV itself makes a shit load of caps, They have strong trading/caravan history as well as democratic but expand without the resources they need and are seriously corrupt in the higher offices as well as taxing the citizens of their territories which the locals hate.

Legion is slave supported anti-woman roman cosplayers. Caesar believes their barbarism keeps the soldiers in line and under his orders he wants NV because he believes integrating the society with the legion will "be his rubicon" and change the legion for the better or something like that. Legion brings safe roads and pretty much no corruption beyond slavery and rape, but obviously practice slavery and rape as well as banning all technology (laser weapons/guns for civilians all the way down to stimpaks)

House wants to keep NV independant so he can eventually colonise the moon with the funds from NV (not joking), house doesn't tax civilians nor does he enslave/rape people (other than their wallets) but he also doesn't care for anyone outside NV's walls

Independant is run by you and largely depends on how you acted throughout the game (evil acts = shitty outcome for the people). Independant doesn't have the strengths of NCR or Legion, but it also doesn't have any of their weaknesses, still has the problems that come with anarchy though.

true, but new vegas has better characters and better map building. the DC ruins were just not fun to explore at all, the subway thing was done terribly

NV.

newvegas opie don't ask silly questions