Anyone else think Voyager is best Star Trek? It's an unpopular opinion apparently

Anyone else think Voyager is best Star Trek? It's an unpopular opinion apparently

Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

I'm actually right at this moment watching Voyager. It's great. TNG was better though.

> Fireplace
> forehead
> true story

Its okay i suppose

Seven of Nine is my jam. Also Voyager has the best series finale of all Star Trek

Ah, that explains a lot. Sorry to hear that. On the other hand, Voyager isn't complete shit, it's just that it's nothing compared to TNG. Sadly, nothing will ever be on the same level as TNG again.

Pretty much this. I hated Voyager when it first came out, but going back to it, it was very good. I had the exact same thing happen with DS9 and in both cases I'm sure it can be blamed on a weak first season. I mean hell, even TNG (which is the best and any other opinion is wrong) had a shitty season 1. But yeah back to Voyager, I think Janeway is the second best captain after Picard. Her voice is irritating as fuck but other than that, great lead.

Cardassia did nothing wrong!

Another unpopular opinion

> I really like Enterprise

I don't know why it gets so much hate.

Back to Sup Forums you go, bitch.

i'd bang kes any day

Because it's not TNG, lol

>not accpeting DS9 as the greatest Star Trek...

Look up a picture of the actress now.

Then I suggest you google what she looks like now. Jesus Christ she went down in flames. She also got busted a few years ago for sex with a minor

kek

It wasn't sex with a minor. Pretty sure it was just indecent exposure. But yeah she's a train wreck.

Saved! That's fucking top kek

That's even worse. Holy fuck she's fugly

I would even say that the first 2 seasons were mediocre but after that it has been golden.

Like always, the "non-human" characters are the best (Doctor and Seven. In previous series Data and Odo).

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little Bajoran? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Obsidian Order, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Bajoran Resistance, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Mugato warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Cardassian armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Bajor, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over Subspace? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Alpha Quadrant and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, vole. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Cardassian Central Command and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the southern continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit trilithium resin all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Agree. But then I think ENT is second best, so.

I actually read through the entire thing this time.

> kek

My man. Same here

I like enterprise best. Voyager and ds9 until the last season, best

J(ar) J(ar) Trek is best Star Trek

Saved.
Should've been warp core signature or subspace protocols or something instead of IP, though.

I didn't love Odo that much. I enjoyed the character, and the actor, but they did some retarded shit with his story. Data and Picard were my two favorites from TNG and... I guess probably Quark and Garak from DS9.

This. This should be edited.

Samefag here...I hate DS9. It's a space soap opera.

OK So when Star Trek voyager was on TV.. I hated it. It was TNG -> DS9 - >Voyager - > that old trash

but years later i watched it and thought Voyager was the best... mainly because TNG seemed so dated and DS9 story line sucked

Oh I forgot enterprise.. I thought enterprise was trash when it came out..i went back and watched it on netflix.. it was still trash imo

Voyager lol

There's nothing wrong with Voyager having grown on you but what do you mean TNG seemed dated? I might just be an oldfag (literally) but TNG is fucking timeless to me.
DS9 seems to be really love or hate, but I loved it. The stationary space station didn't have the same level of romanticism as the explorer starship, but the ongoing plots were solid IMO, with good characters.

>inb4 station bashing

Fucking checked.

DS9 was the best over all

I just cant pick up a random DS9 episode and rewatch it. Not sure why that is. Some movies are like that too. I LOVE them so much but just cant watch them several times. But movies that werent so good i can watch endlessly.

Voyager is like that for me. Not counting TOS, i has the worse episodes. TNG i feel has more over all bad episodes, but none as bad as Threshold, for example.

Voyager is the mindless action movie of the franchise.

Yep, I do

well, that's like your opinion, man!

I like Voyager just as much as TNG or Enterprise, it gets a bad rep and people really hate on Neelix but if you actually sit down and watch it, it has good and bad episodes like any other show.

Voyager by far had the best series finale. Prove me wrong

> pro tip: you can't

voyager had it's problems but on the whole i think it had the most coherent and complex narratives of any star trek series.

DS9 was.

>apparently i can

>being this retarded

its ok, but the quality is shite and they're not going to bring out a HD version

The charges on her were dropped recently too. She did literally nothing wrong lol.

wesley was my first TV crush

DS9 is garbage tier. Even below the movie with pic related actor

> I can't remember his name

>finale of Enterprise
FTFY

Had the Defiant nonetheless.

Hammertime Copperpatch

It's Benedict Cumberbatch. And that joke was never funny even before it was played out.

Best, nah, but I disagree with people who think it's terrible, same with Enterprise

The Defiant was fucking sick. This was the last ship I used in STO.

> l'd bang kes any day

Because she was 9 years old, obviously

>not understanding DS9...

The definition of Gay. And Pedophile.

i started recently voyager.
It is a good series but hell i want to punch Janeway for her voice

As a huge star wars fan and someone that has never watched trek, is it worth getting into? I heard the majority of it is boring dialogue but need more opinions.

Yeah man. It's NOT because she's female. It's just nasal as fuck.

Which proves the point that DS9 whithout a ship is non existant.

Less than that. She is like 3 at the beginning of VOY?

It's been a long road, getting from there to here.

Yep. She gets better (to the point i consider her the best ST Captain) in the role in the latest seasons.

You must be joking

Who says im male?

Anyways i was 13 stop being edgelords

Yes, there is a lot of dialogue, but most of the time it's quite engaging, especially on TNG.

Don't expect a lot of crazy action or fight scenes. Expect interesting concepts and unique questions about the human condition.

I personally like Star Trek way more than Star Wars, but they're really different. A person might easily like one, or the other, or neither, or both. I would just start watching some random episodes of Next Generation. Last I checked, it still comes on BBC America all the time. There's no need to start at the beginning, for two reasons. 1) the first season was kinda shit, and 2) most episodes are generally self-contained stories anyway.

With Know It All Janeway and Do It All Paris, what's there not to like!

Oh yeah, right. The entire Ocampa life span was only 9 years I think.

Doesnt sound bad. I never got off to the "epic fights" in starwars but the plots were what drew me in.

Not the fag you're replying to, but he's right, and if that sounds good to you, I would say chances are really high that you'll fall in love with it.

I agree with this. I hated Janeway at first. Then, without notice, she grew on me. Now I consider 2nd best only after Picard

voyager is good. can't get over her fucking voice though. sounds like an insect. i may be spoiled by patrick stewart.

Correct opinion is correct.

Mmmm no.

No one. Weasley is awkward and creepy. Best episod in TNG is when he is put on trial. There at least he seems responsible.

I do feel the same. It gets better though, imo.

If you are a story guy you will like it. There are mostly self-contained stories, but a few sub-plots last entire seasons. Grab a random episode from season 4 or so as a test.

Thanks bros. Im tying one on today but tomorrow when im hungover as sack ill definitely give it a go.

Woould you suggest starting with the tv series or a movie?

star wars is boring as fuck

I love sci fi..i'm not really sure why I don't like Star Wars.... The old ones I just figured were too old for me to like.. But the new ones sucked too, so idk

The old movies are the best mate. Star Wars is classic.

SW has the big epic stories in films. ST has the little everyday stories in the series. different things, I like both.

Voyager had two good things going for it:
7 of 9's front and 7 of 9's rear.

I'm 36 so I basically got the first Star Wars movies along with my breast milk. They are timeless classics to me, which I still love going back to on occasion, but I can recognize that they're objectively not very well-made movies.

I haven't bothered with Episode 7 or Rogue One, but the prequels were hard for me to even watch.