The hip-hop scene is incredibly boring these days. Nothing big or overwhelming is happening

The hip-hop scene is incredibly boring these days. Nothing big or overwhelming is happening.
Since Kanye left there is some sort of emptiness ...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44Zvdaa5eWc
youtube.com/watch?v=PsIiwHHiT3o
youtube.com/watch?v=QJksTRgY8-c
youtube.com/watch?v=F-4KiszXxHM
youtube.com/watch?v=uDqLzZmsius
youtube.com/watch?v=IDyeGMrbogE
youtube.com/watch?v=hbvQsFrTRxU
youtube.com/watch?v=DXtl9IuVPOE
youtube.com/watch?v=DglxPGLxJPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UxinGFri13s
youtu.be/PMZZUyos1kI
youtube.com/watch?v=pa8pM6_HXpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's been uninspired since Lauryn Hill and Mos Def where forced to retire desu

Dumb frog poster

Kanye hasn't gone anywhere

hip hop is fake as fuck now.

Ought to be called soros hop.

yeah, he's just battling 'dehydration'.

>dumb frog poster
>kanye is good
>"nothing is happening in hip hop"

fuck off ignorant fucktard troll

but he's right Schlomo

hip hop is only boring if you only look at the front of billboard

hip hop has a lot of diversity right now, more than it probably ever has. you just gotta look for what you like.

Yeah! We have
-mumble rap
-trap
-Kanye
-music where the guy is rapping about drugs and women
-rappers trying to be rock
The list goes on

diversity?

Like various forms of Israeli puppets?

Are you only capable of listening to top 40 music? Lose a bet or something?

What should I be checking out?

cute babby :)

I'm guessing hip hop should've just stopped after Atrocity Exhibition? Either that or it should stop after Quazarz

The whole High Focus label, Masta Ace, Jonwayne had a pretty good album, Aesop Rock, tens of other artists I'm forgetting. Wiley if you're into Grime.

youtube.com/watch?v=44Zvdaa5eWc

It's kinda sad how hip-hop became so generic and boring.
Most of rappers hate what they do. Hip-Hop now is just a easy way for teenagers and college dropouts to get rich and famous.

All those things are shit

>Most of rappers hate what they do
>Hip-Hop now is just a easy way for teenagers and college dropouts to get rich and famous.

amazes me that someone can have such a stupid opinion

?

will look into. Masta Ace has been around forever though. I remember listening to 'Born to Roll" 20 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsIiwHHiT3o

Yeah it's crazy how he hasn't fell off yet. Similar to Ras Kass.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJksTRgY8-c

>Sony
>stupid Eric Garner bullshit
>Affiliated with (((Chance the Rapper)))

this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Not interested in any shit like this.

did eric garner deserve to die?

he died because he was breaking the law, resisted arrest, and was 100+ pounds overweight.

End of story.

He deserved prison at least

>Implying Young Thug isnt the greatest thing to happen to hip hop

fat genocide NOW

so... you want music about pussy, money, drugs or what? I'm assuming you're also a white 20-something year old? Give us an example of what you're into then.

Maybe you'll like this one, unless talking about water being a basic human right is too normie for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-4KiszXxHM

I'm implying that yeah

dude have you even been paying attention, this year has been GOAT. kendrick blindsides us with DAMN, amazing albums from great artists like oddisee, goldlink, roc marciano, not nas droog- plus, vince staples' new album drops soon. So much good shit going on for hip hop right now

modern day hip hop always misses the mark for me it strikes me as the kind of genre that *should* be great, but there are so few albums that nail the sense of excitement that I want it to provide.

>Kanye came close, but the mastering of MBDTF is just bad
>Atrocity Exhibition was technically good, but lacking in the full force of experimentation that I would like it to have achieved
>TPAB is brilliant, but it seems to get lost in its own jazziness and loses its way at points
>The Money Store is too brash, it fails to be all-encompassing and accessible enough for me to consider it a masterpiece (pretty much goes for any DG album)

In fact, there is literally NO hip hop magnum opus yet:

>Madvillainy is too lo-fi and lacklustre
>Illmatic has insane production, but the straightforward kick-snare boom-bap style is too basic
>The Infamous is probably one of my favourites, but the lyrics are just "muh hustling extorting crackheads" on every track
>Ready To Die is far too sexually focused and and lacks any sort of substance, Biggie tries to compensate by killing himself at the end to add some semblance of "depth" but it just comes across as extremely out of place
>The Low End Theory is again really basic, fans of it are way to caught up in "muh live instrumentation" and fail to recognise that all it has going for it is its sensual sound
>Black On Both Sides is brilliant, but Mos Def's delivery is annoyingly cheesy at points
>36 Chambers has terrible production, bland musical ideas
>Liquid Swords has terrible production, bland musical ideas

there are no perfect 10 hip hop albums. I'm still waiting on someone to release one. I had hope for Kendrick but not so sure after DAMN.

Worst post of 2017 contender?

XD

youtube.com/watch?v=uDqLzZmsius
youtube.com/watch?v=IDyeGMrbogE
youtube.com/watch?v=hbvQsFrTRxU
youtube.com/watch?v=DXtl9IuVPOE
youtube.com/watch?v=DglxPGLxJPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UxinGFri13s

All from this year

These guys are about to blow the fuck up. They met on a forum online.
youtu.be/PMZZUyos1kI

I'm just being realistic.

All these new rappers don't care about the music.

Yachty is trash and he knows it ... Lil Uzi is a cringy rockstar wannabe. Kodak is a Chief Keef 2.0. I don't even wanna talk about these lil pump, lil peep, Ugly God etc.

The old heads like Drake or Kendrick went mainstream so i don't except much from them.

If there is out there good and passionate rappers who care about the art we will probably never hear of them because Hip-Hop is saturated with trash rappers.

Damn this shit good.

I'm fucking 40 dude.

I'm more than fine with real social commentary.

I'm not fine with Soros issued bullshit.

For instance, listen to what someone w/ actual credibility like KRS-One says about black and police relations.

He said 'Blacks are at fault for treating Police like shit'

KRS-One is KNOWN. He has actual credibility.

Now who the fuck is Isaiah Rashad? Who the fuck is Chance the Rapper?

They came out of nowhere. They have no history.

Are you actually 40 and believe the Soros stuff?Damn dawg

I SPY WITH MY LIL EYE

Everything you said about those classics is completely baffling, especially about the Wu-Tang albums. Terrible production and bland musical ideas? From peak RZA?

And Black on Both Sides, while good, isn't anywhere near the calibre of the rest of the albums you listed.

seen these guys around. strikes me as nu-injury reseve. Hopefully these guys'll do better

the mastering of MBDTF...?

can you expand on that?

fuck off Schlomo.

It's 100% real and everyone kn ow it.

I don't trust any music coming out on a public company right now, and anyone w/ half a brain shouldn't either.

BOBS is one of the best hiphop albums ever. The fuck are you talking about?

i mean, lil yachty makes music for black kids and white stoners to bump in their car. I don't think that necessarily means he doesn't care about the music, just that his style is meant for something else

I'm not your therapist, I don't want to hear about your paranoia.

fuck off Schlomo

you fool no one

Go put another rapper in a dress or something.

Look at all the interesting stuff happening in hip-hop like nigger #1 talking about money, women, and hood life over a simple house/funk beat in addition to nigger #2 talking about more money, more women, more hood life, AND how he da bayst at rappin' over a simple house/funk beat.

>The old heads like Drake or Kendrick went mainstream

Drake was the definition of mainstream from day one, and saying that Kendrick went mainstream makes no sense– he released TPAB after his breakthrough.

I don't know what you hear in it. It's very good, but it stops short of being a classic.
Are you talking about the producer Schlohmo or are you just using the weirdest inoffensive insult you can think of?

Nigger rap is top 40 once removed lol.

Are you trying to say that Kendrick isn't mainstream? He's very similar to Beyonce but less successful because he isn't also a model.

>Kendrick went mainstream makes no sens
are you fucking serious.

Fuck off you Israeli disinfo shill

Since you want to talk about politics, who did you vote for and how do you justify the fact that they're an Israeli asslicker?

Kendrick is popular but he's making the music he wants to make regardless of his popularity. If he were capitulating to pop pressures, he'd have way more features than just Rihanna and U2.

You might want to call your psychiatrist, your paranoia is getting out of control again

didn't vote

you still don't fool anyone

Lmao at least go write someone in. You're acting like an edgy teen

'''they're''' still mad at Mos for naming the Jew on "The Rape Over".

Like how he was just totally coincidentally detained in South Africa during the election cycle.

imagine being so paranoid that you believe jews are harassing you on an anonymous chinese cartoon message board

Yep. Funny how all the rappers who went against their agenda suddenly 'retired'

or worse :(

Lol dude I say that I don't think Kendrick is mainstream like Drake and suddenly I'm an Israeli disinformation agent with strong opinions about American hip-hop

Fuck off grandpa, you're clueless.

yep, I'm sooooooooo paranoid.

I'll just leave this here

youtube.com/watch?v=pa8pM6_HXpU

Kendrick Lamar is on Vivendi SA and gets name dropped by people like Barry Soetoro. It doesn't get more mainstream than that. Fuck off.

Give me 3 rock magnum opus you ignorant palermo phillisteu

you have zero musical knowledgement
you're an ameba with no talent

bow dow and kiss the king

Kendrick Lamar has been in a fucking Taylor Swift song

Oh shit I've seen you on comment on Youtube. You're the dadrap fan with like 5 thousand vinyl records, eh? What a retard.

There's a difference between being popular and shooting for the mainstream. Drake wasn't ruined by Meek Mill's ghostwriting accusations, but Kendrick would be. Drake is a pop star, Kendrick is a rap star.

I'm not saying that Kendrick isn't mainstream, I'm saying that the idea that he 'went' mainstream to chase more money at the expense of his music is very wrong.

It's funny that these '''shills''' actually try and peddle their OBVIOUS bullshit.

Drake and Kendrick are the same fake phony bullshit Israeli puppet rap. You fool absolutely no one.

(and they've both probably literally sucked dick to get where they are)

Steroids (Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber Megamix) tho

You do realize that Kendrick raps about black people needing to stand up and change things themselves, right? Not white devils? Or are you letting the paranoia get to you again?

What he means to say is I don't think we should always expect the older generation to put out quality, but it does seem like we have hit some sort of weird time in hip-hop. The closest thing I can put it with is like when hair metal dominates everything or nu metal.
That's how it feels right now.

kendrick is about as fake as it gets. raps about how ethnicity doesn't matter but he only cares about black people. tells black people to blame whitey instead of improving themselves. violence is bad unless i say it in a rap song. he's there to make sure any "smart" black people stay under control as a slave.

Yeah because Drake talks about politics oh so much.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw the words Shlomo, shill, and bait in this thread, id have enough money to buy you all anger management classes
Who gives a shit where the music comes from its very easy to ignore if you don't go out of your way to get mad over it

kek.

>Who gives a shit where the music comes
this is what fake ass media and their fake ass rappers want you to believe in 2017.

Hip Hop has ALWAYS cared.

These fake as rappers have no credibility in their own hoods. (if they're even really from where they say they are)

And that matters because...?

you a

a) faggot trying to troll the youth (thats your only one uplifiting moment in your day)

b) idiot from philippines brainwashed by internet sensationalists

He says literally the opposite of what you're saying.

>Shit don't change until you get up and wash yo' ass, nigga - Institutionalized

>So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street when gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?
Hypocrite! - The Blacker the Berry

>Ain't nothin' new, but a flu of new Demo-Crips and Re-Blood-licans
Red state versus a blue state, which one you governin'?
They give us guns and drugs, call us thugs
Make it they promise to fuck with you
No condom, they fuck with you, Obama say, "What it do?" - Hood Politics

>Everybody want to talk about who this and who that
Who the realest and who wack, or who white or who black
Critics want to mention that they miss when hip hop was rappin'
Motherfucker, if you did, then Killer Mike'd be platinum
Y’all priorities fucked up, put energy in wrong shit
Hennessy and Crown Vic, my memory been gone since - Hood Politics

>How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shoot or you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s Michael Jackson, oh - Mortal Man

The album is about being black in 2015, not about how bad white people are. The album doesn't even offer any actual solutions other than "We have to stop the violence and crime," it's basically an hour-long think piece on black culture from somebody actually in it.

are you going to keep this up all day Schlomo?

Nah, Kanye's never been on the forefront of hip hop innovation in structure and formula.

The real problem is in fact hip hop's inability to really change.

Let's look at mumble rap/trap. Theoretically this stuff should be opening hip hop up to new opportunities. Deconstructing the concept of flow so it doesn't have to just be a straightforward approach at percussive vocals? Production that both ups the intensity of the music while also having the potential to be more complex due to amount/variety of rhythms? Very cool. But instead, on one end you have the guys that make this music that water these ideas down into a more easily digestable pop format. On the other hand you have talented guys that can do a lot with such ideas, but look down on these developments so they make the same old shit instead.

Guys like Kanye and Death Grips are great, but they experiment more with what's already in hip hop rather than pushing it forward.

It's been dead since 2012.

shut the fuck up you fucking faggot get the fuck out of this page right now

The fact is for the most part there's a hell of a lot going on that you just don't know about or aren't a part of. If you honestly think Jaguar Pyramids/Czarquan/Tony Seltzer, Dj Lucas, Secret Circle/Bedwetter, Westside Gunn/Conway, Jeremiah Jae, Ka/Roc Marciano and Knxwledge all sound the same then you're genuinely retarded.

>I'm assuming you're also a white 20-something year old

literally everyone on Sup Forums
also

>male

You'll get out of your Kanye obsession soon and realize there's way better artists worth listening to

>implying Kanye isn't to blame for influencing half of these new motherfuckers

you forgot

it doesn't matter where the music comes from because its shit
if somebody throws shit on your car window are you going to dissect it and say "hmm this clearly came from a person with personality traits a, b, and c"?

that's a bad post but he's right on that point, mbdtf is mastered horribly, a lot of errors left in, clipping, samples cut off, very muddled instruments on a lot of tracks

kanye himself even admitted it was rushed on that end and said he would remaster and rerelease it but that never happened

this

>im old and i hate black people
> new music doesn't pander to me so it's bad
>soros
>Who the fuck is Chance the Rapper?

you sound like a parody

How is there not a single person on a music board of thousands who knows anything about rap music
How did this happen

I'm a black 31-year-old male.

Nice quads