ARCADE FIRE - EVERYTHING NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=6t8NexFQPR0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVPjcfGqs8Q
www117.zippyshare.com/v/qM4iKsZz/file.html
pitchfork.com/news/69444-watch-arcade-fire-record-their-festival-audience-for-a-new-song/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the 12" is being sold at Primavera. Someone's gotta up it now!

pretty cool

Why is there no angry indie rock.

Ok is this one of the catchiest songs ever?

kind of boring t b h

it seems like they're just continuing with the dance-rock meme from the last album

yeah fuck this fake ass band too

The U2 of the 00s indie generation. Their last album was their equivalent of Achtung Baby and this is them trying to do a Zooropa. They're even doing a disco influenced song as the lead single too.

ABBA????

God, this sucks. Why can't they do something interesting. The bad songs on Reflektor are the ones that were too reminiscent to Suburbs B-sides. I guess they took the backlash personal and want to do something safe again.

Fucking disappointment.

>The U2 of the 00s indie generation.
correct

youtube.com/watch?v=jVPjcfGqs8Q

Normies ruin everything.

There is, they just call it something else

sorry i meant new indie rock.

AF are a fake ass band

people should really look into '''Merge'''

dude ABBA lmao

like what?

merge?

its gone

did anyone download it?

Mirror? Link? Did anyone get a chance to snag it, cuz it's down

yeah, lot of shadiness

I have it. Quality is shit, though.

as in merge records?

so Suburbs was Joshua Tree? I can see it

everything is a conspiracy

link it plz

Mkay. Uploading now.

Yup. Coldplay also followed a similar path:
Viva La Vida: Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree
Mylo Xyloto: Achtung Baby
Ghost Stories: Zooropa/Passengers

>The U2 of the 00s indie generation.

It's pretty funny how much U2 has influenced indie rock, despite being despised by music nerds

And the crossover pop rock acts like Coldplay
And the legacy alternative rock acts like Radiohead
And rappers like Kanye

www117.zippyshare.com/v/qM4iKsZz/file.html

There y'all are. Like I say, the quality is terrible. Listen at your own peril.

and those are just the obvious ones (aka where the artist has gone on record a bunch of times in the media talking about how u2 influenced them)

>www117.zippyshare.com/v/qM4iKsZz/file.html

I like it.

Very groovy without losing the epic Arcade Fire sound.

I actually like this more than anything on reflektor

lmao this is literally dancing queen

It sounds like a mix of Dancing Queen and If I Can't Have You.

i feel like this is the first song on the album and the rest is gonna be experimental free noise jazz

Seriously, given the themes of "everything now", "infinite content" and consumption, it makes sense for the first single to be a catchy mainstream song, but i hope the rest of the album won't be like this

80's and early 90's u2 is revered by critics and most big-stage rock acts would cite them as an influence (radiohead, arcade fire, interpol, etc)

u2 detractors are usually younger people mainly familiar with shit like "vertigo" and bono's general douchiness

I'm not a fan of their nu-disco stuff, but if the album has an "Afterlife" I'll be fine with it.

I love Arcade Fire, I'm seeing them at Buenos Aires later this year, but this single sucks. It's borderline cringe. I mean wtf happened? The melody that carries the song is like this grand, spectacular thing they want us to sing. So shitty. I hope the album doesn't suck.

looks like they tried to record the crowd singing on this show a while ago
but the audience kept screwing it up
pitchfork.com/news/69444-watch-arcade-fire-record-their-festival-audience-for-a-new-song/

This will be the first undoubtedly bad LP from Arcade Fire, I just know it. The only question is whether they will recover from it or stay bad.

Is it weird that all of the album's that I've heard from them APART from Neon Bible have been shit to me? Like, Neon Bible is probably in my top 10 favorite albums but I cant stand literally anything else in their discography.

Neon Bible is my favorite but I think Funeral is still really good. Was never impressed by Suburbs or Reflektor outside of a small handful of songs.

I think it sounds interesting but sort of like a combination of Suburbs and Reflektor, which I find disappointing because it's not very progressive for them. They have always blown me away with a new sound each album cycle and this song is interesting but just too safe.

Dancing Queen With Tears In My Eyes

to be fair, the suburbs (the song) wasn't really reflective of the rest of the album

I would disagree. Sets a tone for the rest of the record.

eh, sort of was. so was Black Mirror and Reflektor.