Wellington Phoenix vs Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory
Perth Glory vs Sydney FC
>Dec 18th
Central Coast Mariners vs Brisbane Roar FC

A-LEAGUE NEWS
>perf

Other urls found in this thread:

goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2016/12/14/30490472/la-galaxy-facing-uncertain-future-in-post-bruce-arena-era
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbie_Dome
foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ultimate-guide-confirmed-aleague-expansion-bids-list-of-potential-contenders-for-new-licences/news-story/d3d7671e2242d17c5e7ca0c89552334a?nk=ffc1134a8bae6e31c9450bef7c0d145e-1481788893
youtu.be/ughNoJbjqbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>perf

>perf

>perf

Xth for going to the superdraft

>perf

>"soccer"

Try to get other people to this thread
Congrats
>no leaf

>>soon

looks worse than a google maps 3d projection.

le soonposters

nobody and i mean nobody wanted a shitty a league merger with mls threads.

inb4 leaf

for once, the leaf is right.

what happens when you fuck off /mls/ for the late season and come back off-season to a new thing happening which approved and ratified by the real fans of mlels.

keep crying about it you fucking >leaf

>leaf

i really doubt that you guys give a fucking shit about the a league.

>leaf

I like the memes from the league. >perfposting takes up a good chunk of the thread

>perf

INTREDASTING

Fort-Lauderdale-Saint-Germain-Strikers doesn't have the same ring to it.

Yeah this ayy league merger is fucking stupid. No offense Straya.

embrace the >perf

It was better before we stopped putting /ayy/ in the name. They've all gone away now.

#COYFLSGS

>he doesn't watch the occasional ayy league match

Literally the only reason to watch any of these two leagues is for the memes

Thanks to OP for putting it back where it belongs, even with it being posted early.

>called fort lauderdale strikers
>have players from other places than fort lauderdale
>have players that arent strikers

i dont know what to believe anymore

Watch the follies complition on yt. Stopping being such a fucking neet.

I wonder what's going to hapen to the Chicago NASL movement
Good posts
I tried

not him, but sometimes you get insominia and need to watch a match in early morning hours.

If the NASL goes under, it will too
There won't be a USL team in Chicago alongside the Fire unless it's their future 2 team

I fucking love those A-League Bloopers vids
>>Berisha

Face it LAGfags, your era is over.

goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2016/12/14/30490472/la-galaxy-facing-uncertain-future-in-post-bruce-arena-era

Our meme leagues were made for each other

If USL had a solid plan for Pro/Rel I could maybe see it happening maybe.

Depending on how many teams USL is about to absorb, I could definitely see them splitting themselves between the 2nd and 3rd divisions.....it would also account for why it's taking so long to hear anything from any of the involved parties

But I doubt it involves pro/rel, even just amongst themselves

USL in itself should at least try pro/rel. They have enough teams to support it (probably). I just think it's not on the agenda for them, because of the stigma that a pro/rel system would never work in the US

No I don't think they will commit to anything like that this upcoming season, maybe laying out plans to create further divisions or something, but I think you could create a pro/rel system withing USL between a 2nd and 3rd division in a few years.

They would need closer to 40 teams for it to work.

If pro/rel happens even in the lower divisions, sooner or later it will have to happen at the top, and the MLS owners surely want to kick that can as far down the road as they can.....you won't be seeing it for a while

Depending on who jumps and who folds, USL could be awfully close to 40 teams this year if they keep everyone in one league

>going through a restructure
>still have the financial support
>development programs exceed any other franchise in league.
Still can't get over our history huh.

Since it's the off-season again, we have to go back to what Turkbro would've wanted.

How much would it cost to build a dome or would playing out in the open give an extra home advantage to AFC Anchorage?

Assuming the mass migration of the NASL really is in order, that's between 35 and 40 teams right there. Not only that, but there will be teams that move up from PDL or NPSL (Detroit City, for example) and the future MLS teams will set up reserve teams, and so on. I can see them at 40, maybe even more in about 5 or so years.
I doubt that. USL is a different league from MLS, who is more reluctant to take on new teams. I can't see MLS gaining pro/rel at all, but USL is different.

>Atlanta and Minnesota are going to be in the mls next year

There's actually been a similar project:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbie_Dome

Adjusted for inflation, it cost about $35M to build

So I've got a question for /mls/.
Is NASL the second division in US or a separate league from MLS?

NASL says they're a separate division but they are the de-facto 2nd league in america.

>>Is NASL the second division in US
Yes, at least for the moment
>>or a separate league from MLS?
Also yes

I only meant a jump to Pro/Rel next season won't happen. I think they will split into regional conferences first (like a north east and a south east) before making any moves to a pro/rel system

Also, what happens when the carrot of MLS expansion is no longer there? What will happen then to this sudden growth in the league?

>the aussies are back
YAY
I'm pretty sure the cost of building a dome over a stadium would depend on the size of the stadium.
Both, but they're also speculated to be folding soon.

I miss Turkbro

DCFC and their supporters seem to revel in their NPSL/semi-pro status, dunno if they would countenance a move even up to USL

doesn't matter, got nagasaki'd by cosmos dieing ded.

>>Also, what happens when the carrot of MLS expansion is no longer there?

This.....is a question I hadn't really contemplated until now
I do hope that everyone realizes that MLS can't just expand out to infinity teams, and that enthusiasm won't sharply dampen just because they've been "left with only a 2nd/3rd/etc division team"

I think when MLS finally closes the window at 30 or 32 teams or whatever, that's when the pro/rel argument gets properly going

Which is why I expect Garber and his successor(s) to take the remaining expansion process as nice and slow as they possibly can

>regional conferences
That could be right too. Still though, I can't see the MLS ever going to a pro/rel system, at least until the USL possibly proves it to be successful.

I'm not saying USL would promote into MLS. Actually that will never happen. I just see a pro/rel between USL 1 and 2, or some variation based on the regional system I think will eventually show up.

If pro/rel ever DOES happen here in the US, I do expect it to come with a bottom, so to speak
You wouldn't ever fall out of the professional leagues, unlike in England, for instance, where a PL team could technically become amateur/semi-pro within a few years if it all goes horribly wrong (they would probably fold financially in this case, but you know what I mean)

>one mid-tier player means your development exceeds any in the league
KEK

>every defender is turned to stone

people shit on MLS defending but outside of top 5 leagues the difference in negligible

>Per capita
Name me any other mls academy that's pumping out more talent with exception of Columbus (pulisic).

wtf is #19 doing
the ball passed a few inches from him it looks like, and he doesn't react to the shot at all

NIGGER WHAT.... first off Dallas produces more contributing talent than LA.

Second, Pulisic is from Hershey, PA and played for a PA youth team under the umbrella of the Philadelphia Union

FUCK OUTTA HERE

>mad
>at expansions

I can see that happening as well. USL is growing at a healthy rate (time will tell thought if they can take the NASL teams), and I don't think the USL is strongly against being the labrat for pro/rel (could be wrong though)
Do you reckon that would include MLS as well? You mentioned earlier that real pro/rel talks will come after expansion, which makes sense, but even then, MLS would be hesitant to do such a thing.

Expansion should not rest until I get my Bayern Portland ME team

If it happens below and is well received, I think MLS will have to capitulate eventually

MLS expansion aside, there's a lot of work to be done with lower-level teams to make sure they'd even be ready for a jump up to MLS if promoted, like having proper stadiums set up (NO MORE GODDAMN BASEBALL DIAMONDS)

i heard naslshill jumped off the highest stadium of a nasl team and broke his arm.

>tfw NASL will die soon

>tfwrevsfan

;_;

WTF? I'm an LAFC Original now!

>turk bro will never be back

fuck. I hope he's alive and free :(

>Soon

>tfw Turkbro is either literally in a Turkish prison for shit talking Erdomeme or died in a bombing

What a way to go either way, if any of us become lottery winners/millionaires/billionaires/Illuminati members, we need to make a commemorative 'Turkbro Memorial Stand' for AFC Anchorage

That's a very cost efficient dome and a decent bit of seats, wonder if modern construction technologies would make it more cheaper to build these days. How do pro-sports get funding in Amerifatistan, wonder what are the steps to make an USL club and all that

>Freddy Adu has no team to play yet again
How American Pele has fallen.

American Pele is in germany

So who is FRANCHISE 11 and 12 lads?

foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ultimate-guide-confirmed-aleague-expansion-bids-list-of-potential-contenders-for-new-licences/news-story/d3d7671e2242d17c5e7ca0c89552334a?nk=ffc1134a8bae6e31c9450bef7c0d145e-1481788893

I think it's going to be 3rd Sydney club and Wollongong/Canberra fighting it out.

I'd like to see South Melbourne as a long time soccer watcher in Australia but I don't see it happening.

I'd like to see more long term planning like the MLS also announcing expansion clubs many years out. A-League really needs to get to 14 clubs before the end of the next TV deal to provide more content.

Should be Wollongong honestly

I prefer Canberra and Auckland.

Gallop has already said that Foxtel/whoever else will have a huge say on where the next clubs are and I don't think they can turn down more Sydney/NSW derbies so I reckon Wollongong might get a club.

Reposting a classic
youtu.be/ughNoJbjqbw

honestly think you could make an mlels one.

just remember that one time beckham almost fought that faggot Q from scum jose.

Adelaide gets another

>hating on the best mascot

Put your trips back on.

Not me

Darwin and Canberra

Sup SQueeF

Gold Coast and Townsville

DELETE THIS

>perf

Tasmania definitely

I mean, uh...
>perf