Just admit it, Lucas made it all up as he went. There was never a story arc

Just admit it, Lucas made it all up as he went. There was never a story arc.

Is this a slam against the prequels? I thought they were universally hated except by man-children and sperglords. This isn't exactly daring.

>66

or maybe people that were kids when they came out and saw the series in chronological order and werent to blinded by nostalgia that they could actually appreciate the story unfolding and the politics of the universe you dipshit, you are sand

Lol no midi chlorians kill your shit ass argument m80. That shit destroyed the prequels more then the over done lightsaber fights and boring politics where they dont actually show any politics. The fucking clone wars tv show was better then the prequels faggot

Its a story that makes no sense unless you realize that Lucas didn't know the first movie would take off. Then it was "oh shit what do i do?"

You guys are idiots. The prequels completed the story. Actually, it gave it story for once. Rather then the same god damn movie 3 times in a row with minor changes. Jesus, even the newest one was basically the originals with minor differences. Oh no, a death star. Boom. It's gone. Oh no. Another one. Rinse. Repeat. No originality. Atleast the prequels added just that. Originality to the Universe. Don't get me wrong. I loved the originals. But people are retarded to hate on the prequels like they do.

The ideas behind the prequels were good. The actual execution of those ideas was shit. I feel bad for the actors, Hayden especially, because George essentially told him to act like a whiny teenager and the lines he was given were a fucking nightmare

If you think of palpatine as the main character of the prequels and take out all of the pandering to children, they aren't that bad. Get better fucking writers and they might have been actually good.

Main example I remember someone talking about is the whole "I don't like sand" shit. Instead of just complaining about it being rough and irritating and shit, they said those lines could have been along the lines of "It reminds me of my mother, how I couldn't and still can't do anything to help her even though she did her best for me. I see her in pain, even dying, but the Jedi forbid attachments and tell me to let go, when letting go is something that I just can't do". The way they wrote it was infinitely better, but it's things like that which could have helped build connections between audiences and the characters much better than the lines that were used.

>Tldr they had good ideas, but terrible writing and execution killed the prequels

Yep. All made up as they went along. In fact the force of bullshit was so strong with lucas he couldn't stop doing it edited the originals after the prequels
han shot first

This. Lucas just isn't good at directing or writing convincing dialogue. The only really outstanding movie in the series was Empire Strikes Back, and it wasn't directed by him

I thought everyone knew this?
Also Lucas had a lot of help on ANH and, to a lesser degree, ESB. But once he got big they let him do his own thing and the movies went down hill.
Look at the original story board and title for ANH for gods sakr

The force had to become mitocondroids because it was pointed out that it resembled christianity. He should have said it was islam. Hollywood would had really kissed his ass over that

>take out all of the pandering to children
Or just leave it in and enjoy it on that level. Lucas made these films for like 8-12 year olds. They only seem bad when adults try and take them too seriously.

>my opinion is so fucking dry and boring nobody agrees with me and I have to resort to saying this film isn't even for you and is intended for stupidier people

>wait just one sec.
You actually wanted them to film a shit load of politics? You one serious sperglord m8.

"Heres your fathers sword. He used it to kill 50 children."

This proves it. Lucas is a fucking hack

So what if he did? He still came out with a fantastic series of films; better than most people could manage if they had actually tried.

>be me
>Luk Starlifter
>in teh course of one day"
>get droidz
>meet ben dohickey
>aunt oggie and uncle bardu kilt
>meet hansoda and chewtabacca
>recscue princess from Def Star
>blow up said Defstar

As a kid, it was amazing.

As an adult, it's all shit.

Hey fanboy, who let you out of moms basement?

"Get yer own fuckin robots"
- Ben Dohickey

Master Kek-nobi!

And the new movies are even WORSE.
>chick does all kinda jedi shit with zero training
>guy who has never held a lightsaber before
>holds his own against a sith
>chick in latest movie, Lo-tri-min, or whatever
>her name is, beats ARMORED stormtroopers
>to death with her tiny little fist...

...but at least this spares us the spectacle of Lucas' original storyline: that Luke turns evil and Leia becomes a Jedi (trained by whom, exactly?).

And fucking STOP with the CGI. Tarkin was good for 3-5 seconds, but for fuck's sake, Leia-CGI didn't even resemble Carrie Fisher.

Made movies with love story loops for 8-12 year olds? Gimme a fuckin break

That's funny as hell. I never noticed that.

Obviously. George Lucas is a shitlord. He may have more money than God but he's still a weasely piece of shit.

best proof for this is the force 'bullshit'. non of the force powers where even mentioned in the original movie. it was all very vague and more like some spiritual thing where you use your feelings.

the original movie is still just a samurai-western flic in space.

>out of moms basement
where else should he post from faggot? his new york city apartment?

R3wd40 could fly but just chose not to when it was needed. And what the fuck is up with cinnabuns hair rebel eating more rations than any other 49 rebels? And why so many niggers all of a sudden? So confuse

>none of the force powers where even mentioned in the original movie
I have to disagree with you there:
Force choke? Check.
Cloud minds? Check.
Communicate from beyond death? Check.

But seriously, if you can choke a bitch out with the force, why waste time fighting them with a damn sword?

>Oh no, a death star. Boom. It's gone. Oh no. Another one. Rinse. Repeat. No originality. Atleast the prequels added just that. Originality to the Universe
Did you see episode one? What was that space battle besides a shitty death star battle.

dafuk, The Emperor's storyline is pretty badass

people that hate on (all) the prequels just dont realize he is the center of the story, its actually surprising how many fans even still dont understand his storyline and how he rose to power

You are correct.
Star Wars came out when I was 13.
I saw every revival until Empire came out.
My jaw dropped lower with each film.

And it just gets worse.

Tbh fam. I am an oldfag who saw the first one in the movie theaters as a small kid. In the late 70s I read an interview (Starlog magazine I believe) where where Lucas talked about 9 movies and how the second trilogy would focus in the Clone Wars and include young Ben Kenobi and Yoda. The story arcs arent ironclad until they are filmed but they are real

Yfw I still have a couple of issue of Starlog in the garage.

You know a phaser sword would just go on forever. Pure horseshit it is

...and two plasma swords, if they met, would go straight through each other.

"So, they use lasers and have no deflector shields? How quaint. Beam a photon torpedo onto their bridge Mr. Spook"

- Willy Keyrock

except for the 'force choke' you are right. this can be seen a a telecinetical skill. but it was so slight and only used once by vader that you still could say that lucas made everything up after the original movie was such a huge success.

the other stuff is like i said purly spiritual or based on feelings

i don't really get why everyone is talking about the prequels and the new sequel movie?

yeah but lucas came up with all this after the success of the first movie.
maybe the plasma is hold in form with a very strong electro magnetical field which repels each other if they strike each other (like two positive charged magnets)