I have a warrant in texas for not paying a speeding ticket in a county 100 miles away from where I live

I have a warrant in texas for not paying a speeding ticket in a county 100 miles away from where I live.

Can I be arrested for this warrant if I get pulled over for this warrant in my county or anywhere else in my state?

How about in another state?

Yes you can.
Every state has extradition agreements. And warrants are on a national database now.

me again.
Best thing you can do is hire a lawyer to pay the ticket for you and clear up the bench warrant before you get pulled over.

>Every state has extradition agreements
No, they fucking don't for speeding. You get pulled over in Kentucky, they aren't going to waste the money to put you in jail knowing that Texas won't come get you over a fucking speeding ticket.

They will but your bail will be set for what you owe.

They're not going to arrest you but your local DMV will likely revoke your license until everything is paid up. When you go to renew your shit, the unpaid ticket will show up. That data is now shared among all states i think.

yes

this guy may be right

If you're in Texas and a Texas county mounty pulls you over, you're fucked. You'll go to county jail and be extradited to the county where you didn't pay. Also, your license will be revoked if you continue not paying it.

If you're in Louisiana, Oklahoma, or some other state on the Texas border and a State Trooper pulls you over, you *might* be fucked. If a parish/county/city cop pulls you over, they likely won't bother.

Op I been through all this in two different states.
All they really want is the money. Most of the time this crap can all be handled over the phone or online.
But if you get pulled over before you take care of it it will probably cost twice as much.

Your best bet is to surrender and plead ignorance of the warrant.

Actually depends on the issuing court. Each warrant will have an "extradition limit". The most common are Statewide, or neighboring county. If you're outside the limit the cop will know about your warrant, know the extradition limit and arrest or release you.

This
Calling b4 your date can sometimes decrease the monies too.
Also used a fax before lol.

Technically, yes. If you're in the same county, you'll most likely get arrested. The further away (by county) you are, the less likely you are to be arrested,as extradition costs are up to the county. The more counties you have to pass through, the more it costs. By that same token, if you're in another state, chances of being arrested are virtually zero.

Can confirm happened to me too. Worked well for me. Just paid a fine.

That's why you hire attorneys to represent you, you dumb shit.

How much was the additional fine?

Of course you can.

Any nigger could tell you that, if they have ever left their county.

Pay your fines and you wouldn't have to worry about it, you dumb cunt.

Bull shit.

Depends what warrant is for, but then up to officer if wants to serve it. Then placed in the local jail, have a hold and up to place from where warrant is from whether they want to transport.

If different state, you either sign an extradition waiver and your state has 10 days to come get you, or you can linger in the jail and see if your state will do the extradition paper work.

I am in law enforcement. The people commenting in this thread are stupid. You will not be in NCIC for a fucking speeding ticket warrant. The county in which the warrant was issued most likely forwarded that warrant to its surrounding counties. Even if you would get stopped in another county and they see you have a warrant, they most likely won't pick you up and just tell you take take care of your business.