Gengineering/Transhuman/Augmentation Thread

Anti-Science Luddites will try to stop the betterment of mankind.

Just Imagine how great it would be....

What do you think about improving mankinds condition through genetics and cybernetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/chemical-ayahuasca-has-potential-treat-diabetes-313780
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanized_bee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioterrorism
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171699
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)
nature.com/nm/journal/v21/n4/full/nm.3820.html
omicsgroup.org/journals/advancements-in-genetic-engineering.php
health.heraldtribune.com/2015/04/28/rise-in-type-1-diabetes-cant-be-explained/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150424122312.htm
gene-delivery.ox.ac.uk/Gene Therapy/Vectors/Viral Vectors/Retrovirus/Retrovirus.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Were almost there.

We just need to link a bunch of technologies together and change some archaic laws about cloning and genetic engineering.

bump

I could finally create my army of supersoldiers then. Count me in.

This also a possibility.

Seems it would be an improvement over the current obesity trend limiting good recruits.

Type one diabetic self cured through herbalism and veganism checking in.

College educated, and I have a theoretical framework based on science that tells me why what I did worked.

In fact, the same framework that let me heal my disease, could potentially apply to any autoimmune disorder.

It is based on using fasting to recycle old immune cells, and herbs containing plant alkaloids that we know to affect certain systems, to rebuild during the feeding phase, where stem cells are stimulated after only 72 hours.

If you didn't notice, Syrian Rue is key, as it has been scientifically proven to regrow pancreas cells. Using fasting to restore the immune function, allows for the pancreas to rebuild without being destroyed.

newsweek.com/chemical-ayahuasca-has-potential-treat-diabetes-313780

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

Nature can literally undo type one diabetes if we combine it with our understanding of science.

No trans-humanists want to tell me why my genetic disease is cured by a plant?

Gee, kinda like THC helping people. Could it be, maybe, we share 50% of our DNA with plants?

Every cure we need is sitting in one of the millions of plants on this planet, because every component of our being exists in the overlap.

That is why we have opiates, THC, nicotine, cocaine, DMT, etc.

Everyone of those is doing nothing more than activating a pathway our body is already designed to use.

I would absolutely do this.

One thing I can't stand about luddites and evangelicals is that they believe having a child with some congenital disorder or disease is a "test" from God. Imagine how much better God's creation would be if it wasn't riddled with failures from birth and with people that support such things.

huh

made pol worth reading today

>>B-but, MAOI is dangerous! You can't have coffee, milk, chocolate, meat, fermented soy, or cheese!

This is a half truth, we need to look at the common thread intersecting all points of knowledge.

Turns out, the issue is how we digest these products. The common thread is a bacteria that produces a protein, increasing blood pressure.

This protein shouldn't be abundant in our bodies, so with a clean diet, this plant is harmless unless you're using it to try and get high.

So, science manipulated the truth to scare people away from the medicinal properties of MAOI alkaloids.

>self cured through herbalism and veganism checking in.

this in fact complete horseshit

I bet you believe magic beans cure cancer too.

Veganism is a cult and not supported by any science.

Just like any anti-GMO science denial quackery

>newsweek.com/chemical-ayahuasca-has-potential-treat-diabetes-313780

nothing about a cure.

What plants cure down syndrome?
or Hemophilia?
or Chron's?

I believe you op. I cured my ADD with supplements.

>science manipulated the truth

No . science determines truth.

You quacks are the liars.

No such thing as "alternative/traditional medicine"

Just medicine and bullshit.

Yeah let's play gods again ! That never backfired on us ever !
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africanized_bee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioterrorism

The bubble has burst. The illusion is over. And science has no quarrel with a natural cure, in fact, by knowing the DNA we share, it tells us that's exactly where to look.

Medicine has poisoned the world with the intention of profiting on suffering, but the human body is far more versatile than the weak genetic failures the media wishes us to be.

>No trans-humanists want to tell me why my genetic disease is cured by a plant?

it wasn't.

Either
A. you're in denial due to your food-religion

or

B. you never had type-1 diabetes.

Nuclear power has been a great benefit to people and the earth.

>I'll pretend people who are helping people help themselves must be lying because my ego is so fragile I take science as blind fact

You're the modern Christian.

>Quackery has poisoned the world with the intention of profiting on suffering

FTFY

How does it feel to try and destroy the table of plenty with your ignorance and lack of education?

You are liar, because the shit your talking about is impossible.

>muh conspiracies
>muh agent orange
>muh frankenfoods

Just another shill for the organic foods racket

>You're wrong your science is wrong just because someone with no insight into the situation can't think for themselves

Neat argument, bro. Had me convinced for a decade to, until I realized how full of shit the genetics argument is

>Yfw we've known this plant interacts directly with DNA since the 80s

>helping themselves
>believing in magic
>not using medicine

you are a disgusting person

anyone who profits from quackery should be jailed.

>full of shit the genetics argument is

you don't have an argument

show me one study that shows a cure for diabetes 1 coming from a plant.

>Yfw we've known this plant interacts directly with DNA since the 80s

proofs?

because only carcinogens interact with DNA

>believes in Lamarkian evolution

how ignorant

Feels good curing my chronic disease with $10 seeds, I'll admit that. And it is a lot of fun watching the brainwashed pseudo-intellectuals squirm as they realize they've been betrayed by their church of science.

You dumbasses really think people would take injections for their entire lives because you can use false information to scare them from eating fucking seeds? That science tells them rebuild the pancreas and interact with DNA?

The fear mongering is over. No one is scared of you bullies anymore.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171699

This is the first study, but there are dozens more if you can take your head out of your ass and research a topic instead of spreading ignorance.

>Feels good curing my chronic disease with $10 seeds, I'll admit that.

that never happened lol

>The fear mongering is over.

It isn't over until vegan-cultists are shown to be the frauds they truly are.

If you have children, child protective services should take them away and clearly your are unfit since you would deny them proper nutrition and medical care.

You are worse than a childmolester

So great that when we can use it for space travels Jews suddenly decides that it's a bad thing and needs to be controlled.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)

Need help reading it? The alkaloid is present in Syrian Rue (a candidate for the ancient soma) caused human cells implanted in mice to cure genetic diabetes. They do not address the immune component, which is fixed via fasting.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171699

Thanks for proven my point about carcinogens.

So you believe a carcinogen cured you diabetes?

Whoa. what a breakthu, doctor, Ill call the Nobel committee immediately.

Its clear you dont know jack shit about medicine or genetics.

You're retarded and don't understand anything about science.

The technology you describe is still many decades away, if it's even possible.

We still don't know the genetic contribution of half of those diseases, and most of them are a combination of genetic and environmental factors; schizophrenia and Alzheimer's for example.

You're the anti-science luddite for not education yourself and pretending that science somehow justifies your emotions on the human condition.

>nature.com
>a journal

pick one

ur propaganda means nothing to the educated.

>top rated journal in all of science
>calling it propaganda

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH WHAT A RETARDED FAGGOT

HAHA nice try with that infograph - so, you can make Appendicitis impossible in a human being with genetical engineering?

>The technology you describe is still many decades away, if it's even possible

It is and it is.

I like ur attitude of
>we dont know
>totally impossible

just shut up child

>Guy offers science based naturally cure for a chronic disease that there is no way for him to realistically profit from
>he must be a liar who is worse than a child molester

Is this the best you can do? You can't see the information past a character. You a brain washed. I was there, to bro. I taught this shit at a university, and it destroys my moral being knowing I propagated my own slavery.

But science cannot hide the truth any longer, not amongst a world of free thinkers.

>Lamarckian evolution is ignorant
>what is epigenetics

In all seriousness, you are misreading the paper. The compounds do not directly affect your DNA, but seem to affect the regulation of certain enzymes.

Provide any evidence that it exists.

Epigenetics is not lamarckian evolution

>not open access
>not open submission

sounds like bullshit.

>muh alexia ranking

>implying we have a good idea how half of those things even work on the right side
As much as I want this shit to work, we really don't understand the our dna enough to select against even a couple of those things.

You have zero understand of science, academia, or publishing.

Nature and Science are the top journals in the world.

You do understand that all ot it takes is one missing enzyme or compound to destroy an entire neural cascade, right?

That is why this plant cures a genetic disease. It kick starts regrowth and with the immune system restored, there is nothing to kill those cells.

heres a whole full of it.

omicsgroup.org/journals/advancements-in-genetic-engineering.php

SPACE ELEVATOR THREAD, NAO?

>tfw natural blue eyes that get compliments
>tfw genetic engineering comes along and everyone will pick to have blue eyes

Fuck off.

It doesn't cure the diseases, it is a treatment. If don't have the compound in your body anymore, the regulatory systems will return to normal (diabetic).

Just because you ate a plant once doesn't mean you can start eating tons of sugar.

as a soon to be biolog i am really curious of your methods since they would usher in a new era in science

health.heraldtribune.com/2015/04/28/rise-in-type-1-diabetes-cant-be-explained/

Bro, your whole genetic model makes no sense, the science is so weak, even fucking stats up can't hide it from the public.

Nothing listed on that pages describes engineering human embryos.

>Whereas beta cell expansion seems an obvious therapeutic approach to beta cell deficiency, adult human beta cells have proven recalcitrant to such efforts

didnt cure shit.

all this means is substituting harmine instead of insulin

you cant cant even understand the study

you are an idiot

did you know some people are born without one?

Sperm is nature's genetic engineer, and is the best way to improve the human race.

The best part is, we can probably trick SJWs into allowing this since it will hugely boost their victim complex.

Think about all the butthurt it would cause if an intellegent black testtube baby spoke out against niggers, or if we can literally chose the baby's gender, eliminating the "born in the wrong body" myth

That isn't true. With a healthy diet, with real fucking plants, you can produce as normal. You now have a functioning pancreas and immune system.

My theory, is that the disease is caused by a pathogen centered within the pancreas. To destroy the threat, the body programs immune cells to destroy infected cells in the pancreas.

Instead of fasting, and rebuilding immune cells, diabetics are put on 4 meals a day and a constant drip of insulin.

So, the body CAN'T fast, and it can never recycle the dysfunctional immune cells. The body keeps destroying itself, and medicine keeps you alive as long as you're willing to pay.

>Everyone has selected-height light-eyed light-skinned children with high IQs
>"brown is beautiful" propaganda doubled down on, doesn't work
>Engineering is banned because its "destroying diversity" and a "danger to the planet"
>Engineered people relegated to second class citizens, treated like garbage and constantly attacked and ridiculed by the deformed brown 85-IQ midget slave race who believe everything their inbred jewish billionaire masters tell them.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150424122312.htm

the willfully ignorant dont want to learn

you can change the genetic code by using a engineered retro-virus.

gene-delivery.ox.ac.uk/Gene Therapy/Vectors/Viral Vectors/Retrovirus/Retrovirus.htm

genetic sex change/body modification when?

So you are an impossibility?
Tell me how you bullshit so hard.

You are embarrassing yourself.

I offer explanations for medical mysteries, and you offer fear and authoritarianism.

The science led me here, you were placed here through brainwashing.

Space marines NOW

Cant you read your own fucking article? Didn't cure shit.

>So, the body CAN'T fast, and it can never recycle the dysfunctional immune cells.

God you are so fucking retarded.

Your body makes the dysfunctional immune cells because of your DNA

that plant didnt change you dna

it just prevented a protein from forming

if you stop taking that shit you will die from diabetes

1. you don't use retroviruses to alter the human genome.

2. I am aware that china was attempting alternations on human embryos, but that's far from creating viable embryos that can be developed

3. You still have the problem of not knowing the causes of the diseases. We don't know which genes influence Schizophrenia or Alzheimer's. We wouldn't know what to edit.

look here stupid
heres the link proves me right and you wrong

>Whereas beta cell expansion seems an obvious therapeutic approach to beta cell deficiency, adult human beta cells have proven recalcitrant to such efforts1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Hence, there remains an urgent need for antidiabetic therapeutic agents that can induce regeneration and expansion of adult human beta cells in vivo or ex vivo. Here, using a high-throughput small-molecule screen (HTS), we find that analogs of the small molecule harmine function as a new class of human beta cell mitogenic compounds

point out the part where DNA changes

pro-tip it doesn't

DNA is activated when it is needed. Diabetics are forced through misinformation to suppress the body's natural ability to restore immune function.

I wholeheartedly believe I'm the first type one diabetic who has tried to fast for 3 days, and tried to rebuild my body using scientific knowledge of physiology.

My education allowed me to do something special, and you telling me it is impossible makes it even more powerful.

Because I'm living proof that you are wrong.

Imagine how awful this would be. They would take our jobs.

>1. you don't use retroviruses to alter the human genome.

viruses already alter DNA in a negative way

you can use the same to insert genes that can be replicated through meiosis.

unless you believe that the genome is somehow magically altered during cell division.

Sure totally.

you lack education

and the theme of 2 and 3

seems to be

>we dont know how to do it today

>must be impossible

You lack an understanding of simple gene expression.

Genes turn on and off. They don't need to be changed. You can make insulin after you eat a meal, without pumping insulin out at 100% capacity constantly.

You live in a world of extremes where you ignore the simple answer right in front of you.

>They would take our jobs.

Thats what the robots are for.

>viruses already alter DNA in a negative way
You haven't even taken a simple biology class... viruses destroy their host cells to create new viruses. Only in extremely rare conditions can a retrovirus alter a genome and stay dormant.

We are now using CRISPR methods for genome editing, but it was only developed a few years ago and it's not 100% accurate or perfect. You also failed to address that we don't know the genes that contribute to many genetic disorders.

>DNA is activated when it is needed.
>backpedaling

just STFU

you didn't change your DNA

you didn't even inhibit an allele

all that does is """""possibly"""""" prevent a protein from forming.

You are wrong in every way possible.

>Because I'm living proof that you are wrong.

Your living proof that people lie on the internet

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying we can't do it today, like you claim. The technology and methodology is still decades away, like I said in my first post.

>viruses already alter DNA in a negative way

>B-but nature can't do the opposite that's silly and there's no way diabetes could be like that

I never asked for this

fuck off leaf

>You're wrong because I say so

Got anything better? Because it will need to be pretty compelling to make me diabetic again lmao.

>Genes turn on and off.

and your stupid plant doesn't do that.

you cant even read your own study.

>everything that is not science is fake goy!
>make sure not to breed and bring in those browns

Cry more IQlet

Ok, let's test this. Stop eating vegetables for a few days, then eat some sugar.

Yes, but can we engineer some catgirls?

This guy knows his priorities.

Gee i bet your still taking your magic beans daily.

>cured muh diabeetus

Its probably going to be available only for the elites first, imagine power-hungry warmongers with enhanced IQ.

this is getting really spooky lads, i just wish we had exterminated all non whites before doing this kinda shit desu

just maybe its an extrapolation of what a infographic would look like when the technology is there.

If you noticed, The OP is presented in the future tense.

PS

You're still a diabetic

quit being a retard and go to a doctor.

>Just Imagine how great it would be....
im telling all my kids to do this

Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm not treating my body like shit, especially not while I'm focusing on undoing decades of my own ignorance.

And even if I lacked the self discipline, and needed to eat that filth that is costing us millions of dollars, I wouldn't do it this early into the game.

A type one diabetic has 2% of the insulin producing cells naturally. Just because right now, I may be at 10%, and able to stabilize low demands, you think the only way I can prove my concept is to suddenly consume a pile of shit a natural body was never designed to handle?

You are filth, that you'd rather me destroy myself so you can be right.

Your lack of the concepts I've provided prove you've failed to process any of the information objectively.

You are grasping at straws to discredit me. Just to satisfy your fragile ego.

no one was talking about veganism, nobody cares, can you not be a cringy fag for at least a day, stop trying to force your normie cuck diet into every conversation, and LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks for your insight. What are your hours Dr. Paymetostaysick?

I like the idea of no inheritable disease, but the rest is eeh.

Also, I think alcoholism is gained, not inherited.