So I'm very new to Sup Forums. What opinions can or can't I have?

So I'm very new to Sup Forums. What opinions can or can't I have?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2013/05/05/ambijectivity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, +1 for the Richard D. James cover

From my short experience here, some sensible people will tell you to form your own opinions and like what you enjoy.

But a lot of people just want to tell you that your music tastes are shit anyway.

>he thinks he can have opinions

cute

music sucks

shitpost beach boys stuff and you'll bee fine

And then there's amazing, beautiful, insightful comments like this.

Be different, but not too different.
Be unique, but not too unique.
Form your own opinions , but don't be too opinionated.

You wouldn't want to be labeled as a contrarian would you?

What's a contrarian?

Those that define themselves by what they don't like more than what they do like. Basically.

It's like negative theology but about music taste instead of god.

It's pretty gay.

People here will tell you how important it is to have your own opinions and not base your opinions off of what melon and p4k say. However, those same people will also get mad at you if your opinion doesn't match their opinion, saying that their opinion is objective, even though ALL appreciation of art is subjective.

weezer, blink 182, and linkin park despite what nostalgia fags will have you believe and it's better to have your personal chart filled with non mu core

slatestarcodex.com/2013/05/05/ambijectivity/

^really interesting read on the subjective of objectivity

test all of your opinions first by making up fake quotes where Steve Albini said them, and use the reaction from everyone else to judge how safe those opinions are.

i've been doing this for years. it's conceivable that Steve Albini could say or think ANYTHING so nobody's ever noticed.

welcome to Sup Forums.

You can have any opinion you want, user.

If you're looking for new music, check out 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5 threads. Keep listening to new albums, work your way through fav artists' discographies, stay open minded, and you'll be a Sup Forumstant in no time

Whatever you like is bad and your favorite album is shit.
Something something Jews.

Harsh noise = good
Any semblance of melody and rhythm = bad

Also the beatles and radiohead are gay.

You can have whatever opinions you want, but be prepared to be mercilessly ridiculed for many of them

yu must post about death grips

just go to kpg and forget about music honestly

This is the music you can like

This is the music you can't like

wow so autistic chart

Damn I like some of these
I guess I have terrible taste in music

but Sup Forums praises some of these?
and wait
Sup Forums hates some of these
Hmmmmm

user-oracle never makes a mistake

>mu is one person

they were made by one tripfag w/ shitposting superpowers

>Master of Puppets
>Foo Fighters self titled
>Pearl Jam self titled
>Elephant

I never knew just how deluded someone could get drowning in their own shit

holy shit not everyone here is a crappy hippie i thought you people were supposed to be open minded you're the reason we lost vietnam.

Circlejerk fags have to go back

and

+USA, Lumpy Gravy, Faust, Univers Zero, YIS, OAI, 154, Third, Bitter Tea, Black Foliage, Boces, Cluster II, Exploded Drawing, Faust IV, Future Days, Hosianna Mantra, Iaora Tahiti, LAGWAFIS, TLOP, Live/Dead, Magnetic Flip, MNLWND, Modern Dance, Mundus Subterraneus, Musik von Harmonia, Not Available, Ocean Songs, Phallus Dei, Polite Force, Silver Apples, SMiLE, Third Ear Band, This Heat, TRNBWA, Weasels
-IAPDA, THBD

+DSOTM, Demon Days, TQID
-Discovery, MBDTF, Californication, xx, Master of Puppets, TC&TS, Is This It, FEFE, Franz Ferdinand

Overall patrician score: 39

Post yours guys :^)

niBBa looks like planet of the apes

>Sup Forums hates some of these
Which ones? The only time I ever see Sup Forums hating on any of those is when some pleb makes a ">Faust is just pretentious noise" or ">LAGWAFIS has only one good song" thread, or a few years ago when one guy spammed threads hating on Hosianna Mantra

I see Ladies and Gentlement... hate threads somewhat often, same with the Frank Zappa albums on here. NMH for obvious reasons gets memed. For the most part these albums are just obscure enough not to get hate because most people on mu haven't listened to them (myself included).
Also why is In a Priest Driven Ambulance on here? its not even the Flaming Lips best album

Music is a meme.

Sup Forums is comfy board, you can listen to whatever you want and others will suggest things along the way

at the end of the day, you will like what you like

You can't like anything anyone else has ever heard, unless it's Beatles or Queen.