youtube.com/watch?v=kgU9aLjyAVI
youtube.com/watch?v=1SDa_Jqmuiw&t=383s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ratatat

>trent reznor
>underrated
pick one

that album, not him, doofus

>but u have to..be my girlfriend!! snickers nefariously /thinks to self/ 'man, if this works, i'll get this cute girl to be my girlfriend and i'll ride the cool roller coasters! c'mon, luck be a lady tonight!' crosses fingers and gulps s-so.. adjusts collar and looks firmly what do oyu sasy to my proposal? waits patiently

does he have autism or something?

Trent still is pretty underrated.

Unpopular and underrated aren't the same thing.

I meant none of his albums is underrated by nature

>Trent still is pretty underrated.
he was never underrated, in fact he's the most overrated industrial musician

Or rather just because he is popular doesn't mean that he isn't underrated.

There are a lot of popular artists that are underrated.

>the most overrated industrial musician

You mean the most popular. There's almost no other popular industrial artists that are radio-friendly. That's a lot considering most of his music isn't radio-friendly.

kings of leon

Do I have autism if I think Year Zero is his best album?

>not pic related

On the contrary, you would be 100% right.

>100%
>musical taste

I really wish Trent would do more work like Year Zero mixed with tracks sort of like this gem:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9bm-RJMWM

In fact I wish he would just attempt a string of electronic/instrumental albums that would easily be up there with Aphex Twin's finest... just heavier and darker sounding.

Basically an industrial Aphex Twin... you could argue that Oneohtrix Point Never scratches that itch... but I'm looking for something even more NIN-like than that.

hell yes look what I found::

youtube.com/watch?v=kgU9aLjyAVI

I just came buckets of screeching metal and acid rain!

It would have been better if he trusted himself rather then Rick Rubin, but I get why he would want to ease back into a comeback only a year or two into his recovery. He anted to write music that wouldn't nearly kill him like the fragile did.

Besides it was a first collaboration between Ross and Reznor. They needed to feel each other out and With Teeth was that investment.

anything by gotye

ironically it's also what made his older stuff as good as it was... or am I wrong?

perfectionism has its perks

I would know, I am a perfectionist

Still waiting for my LP to arrive... Trent pls I want a pretty waterfall picture to frame on my wall

I wouldn't say you're wrong. Remember that perfectionism was something he was doing from 1989 to 2003ish. He wanted to change it up, to make mistakes and learn rather then have huge time lapses where he wasn't doing anything.

He's at a place in his life now where he has nothing to prove anymore to anyone. He can spread out and do what he wants without any real fear of backlash.

Would this be underrated?

not really, but it's god tier

Year Zero had some great songs though, it also had some really god awful songs. there's also that fucking drum kit he insists on using for half the songs

Fixed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Broken

Love the guitars

I know it was the album that made Reznor lose faith in guitars, but damn aren't they metallic

What drum kit?

It was literally created on a tour bus.

It could have done with out that meltdown during The Great Destroyer though

I remember during the Myspace age, i used to think Nine Inch Nails was scene/goth music cause the fans of NIN profiles were hidious, only heard closer. He then release Ghosts and all the fans didn't understand it, and i finally gave the Fragile/Downward Spiral a chance

holy shit, nothing will every match first hearing that shit

>It could have done with out that meltdown during The Great Destroyer though
huh?

the meltdown on The Great Destroyer is one of the best parts on the album but ok

the drums in the intros to My Violent Heart and Zero Sum

How do I get into NIN again?

"I AM THE GREAT DESTROYAH!"

*Proceed to have an autistic musical fit.*

"hmmm, that'll work."

Purest Feeling --------> NTAE

Listen to evolution at work.

imagine how boring of a person you have to be to see an "autistic musical fit" as a bad thing

yesssssssssssssss

I'm not saying it's bad, it's funny as hell, but it's not my favorite moment on the album.

NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT
NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT
NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT
NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT
NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT
NO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT

Just because an artist is popular doesn't mean that none of their albums are underrated. An artist can create an established style with a string of albums, then create an album with a new sound that gets rated somewhat poorly just because it's not their usual work.

Trent consistently has underrated albums, like Hesitation Marks or Ghosts I-IV, just because they aren't PHM, TDS, or TF.

probably never honestly
spring is over and no word has been spoken

youtube.com/watch?v=1SDa_Jqmuiw&t=383s