Most of the best music ever has already been made

>most of the best music ever has already been made

nah

thats what they said 200 years ago

think of all the best music ever that hasn't been made

>there will be masterpieces that will come out in the next 5 years

who's excited cause i know i am

yeah and you can listen to all of it instead of waiting for it? why are you complaining again?

>find artist you really like
>realize all their music is five, ten years old and they don't even play anymore
>ywn go one of their shows

>things pleb frogposters say

there wasn't a single masterpiece released in the past 5 years
protip: you can't

Ty Segall S/T

Pinata
Benji
To Be Kind
Blackstar
Sleep Cycle
TPAB
Mista Thug Isolation

>there will be songs written and recorded after your lifetime that you will never, ever get to hear

>most of the best music ever has already been made
ummm, no shit? that's what you'd expect right? i don't get what point you're trying to make here
i'd be sadder about this

how about something that isn't p4k/fantano-core

Rifts
Ocean Roar
The Marriage Of True Minds

nvrmind I just realised p4k liked all of those albums

Not that that should fucking matter at all though. Why is it relevant if a meme site/reviewer likes it? I t has no bearing on the content of the music itself. You're just complaining because it isn't obscure enough.
You do relive the majority of the music canon was hardly obscure when it came out, right?

>tfw all your favorite artists killed themselves before age 40 and you will never see them in concert

>every Mozart piece you hear is a cover

Blonde, To Be Kind, The Powers That B, Atrocity Ex, To Pimp A Butterfly, Deathcon will all be seen as masterpieces in a decade. 10's have been pretty good desu. Include the many that came out from 2010-2012

>Hip-Hop albums
>Masterpieces that stand the test of time
Kekking hard.

Don't be the old guy in the tweed jacket in the 50s movie like "mark my words: in five years tops this jungle boogie rock and roll music will be dead and forgotten!"

If being a music fan has taught you anything, it should have taught you to not be that guy.

>acting like hip hop isn't this generations rock
>ignoring every other album

>Say any genre won't be looked back on as a huge artistic accomplishment
>Well people also said ROCK wouldn't be remembered!!!1

"Screamo won't be considered an incredibly important and artistic movement in music history"
"OH YEAH? Well they said that about ROCK too!"

Every other album isn't hip-hop so maybe they WILL be remembered as a classic masterpieces in time.

This. The fact that I would never listen to a classical piece made by the composer itself is something sad for me.

Sleep cycle wasn't pitchfork or fantanocore but it seems to be more popular as the days go by and it's a genuine 10

Immunity and Jenny Death. If we only consider albums of course.

>50s/60s
ROCK ISNT REAL MUSIC
>70s
ELECTRONIC ISNT REAL MUSIC
>80s
METAL ISNT REAL MUSIC
>90s
HIP HOP ISNT REAL MUSIC
>2000s
INDIE ISNT REAL MUSIC
>2010s
UHHH... HIP HOP ISN"T REAL MUSIC... AGAIN...

tl;dr shut up

Exactly. That's the only thing you can say in response, which is meaningless. Besides, I never said it wasn't real music, it's just not very artistic, creative, lasting, or memorable. Accept it.

>it's just not very artistic, creative, lasting, or memorable

why are people still discussing and praising and analyzing hip-hop albums/artists that were made in the 80s today, then? (ex: Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, Beastie Boys)

aesop rock's the impossible kid has better written lyrics than anything in the past 17 years

>Hip Hop is the only genre people who got called "not real music" twice
Really makes you think...

Except many hip hop albums are already remembered as masterpieces from decades ago. Also the only true hip hop album on my list is TPAB. TPTB and Atroc Ex are lyrically rap, but are not hip hop. Kendrick is the musical face of this time and TPAB was a peak of the genre since MBDTF.

>lyrics
Oh cool. Lyrics... yeah... lyrics...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's also the only predominantly black genre on that list, hmmm...

>TPAB was a peak of the genre since MBDTF.
MBDTF is overrated and TPAB is overrated as well but not as much. If you only listened to those hip hop albums from the 2010's it makes sense that you think.

I'm not wrong, but there is one challenger if you can guess what record it is

Joanna Newsom - Ys

way better lyrics than Aesop "rapper with a thesaurus" Rock

you got the correct artist but the wrong record, its have one on me
>thesaurus
not aesop's fault that you're retarded, and I doubt you can appreciate newsom's work

Lyrics aren't that important dude. The best hip hop song of the 2010's was made by a guy who isn't too good at lyrics (though the ones in that one are pretty good).

Have One On Me is a bloated, overly indulgent mess. Ys is basically what HooM would be if you cut all the filler and then made every track even better. Ys is a 10/10, HooM is like a 7.5 maybe 8 on a good day.

Hip-hop will be remembered in the same way disco is, in that it's a fun genre sometimes with a couple good albums but not remotely on par with other, more versatile and musically/lyrically advanced genres.

Lyrics are vital to rap based hip hop in my opinion.

oh, so you cant appreciate newsom's work

You can think theyre overrated just like someone may think OKC or Loveless are overrated. Doesn't change the fact that they're seen as masterpieces which is what the question was.

Italo-Disco is GOAT user.

agreed

We'll not really question but you get it

They're but having the best lyrics in history wouldn't make your song any good if everything else sucks.
Why do you say they're masterpieces? Because most of the people say they are?

Well I'm talking the most mainstream and well-known disco. Stuff from the US that everyone knows. Just like the "masterpieces" of hip-hop are the most popular mainstream and same-y albums out there in the genre.

hip-hop has several dozen classics at least, I can't think of a good disco record, let alone anything good about disco. you speak like someone who hasn't even heard one good hip-hop album and, as is typical, is judging the genre by trash that gets played on the radio or TV or whatever.

there are plenty of hip-hop albums with god-tier lyricism, sometimes even relative to the best lyricists of pretty much any other genre. and there are plenty of musically advanced hip-hop albums. but I suppose it's fair to say that in general they are not as compositionally advanced as other genres, barring a few noteworthy exceptions. that doesn't mean they aren't versatile or don't have staying power.

this is the real problem, not whatever that faggot OP posted

screamo was a niche genre, hip hop has been incredibly big for decades. There are already decade 20-30 year old rap albums that are still remembered and called masterpieces. Im not telling you to like rap, just don't be retarded

Makes sense.

Actually I haven't listened to the radio in years. All I know of hip-hop is the so-called classics. Speaking of the "classics," the most celebrated modern ones are Kanye and Kendrik and those are hugely popular and hit the top of the billboard, so they'd be on the radio plenty I'd assume.

And what differentiates rock, I'm not trolling or anything, just genuinely curious?

>what could have been your favorite album of all time could be written and recorded after you die

>Ancient Greece
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond lyres and simple percussion!"
>Middle Ages
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond organs and hymns!"
>18th century
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond the days of symphonies and orchestras!"
>19th century
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond guitars and banjos!"
>10's and 20's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond swing!"
>30's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond jazz and big bands!"
>40's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond doo wop!"
>50's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond blues!"
>60's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond psychedelic rock!"
>70's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond disco!"
>80's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond new wave!"
>90's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond grunge!"
>00's
>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond hip hop!"
Seriously, fuck off. New music is made every year, and it changes in ways we never saw coming. Kids like you will say that most of the best music was already made and they're sick of (whatever music becomes popular). I guarantee that there'll be at least one album released within the year that'll be remembered as a masterpiece a decade from now.

No, because they have a unique sound and atmosphere mixed with interesting lyrical detail and great production. Easily recognizable and pushed the genre of music that it came from. Things are seen as masterpieces when a large amount of people find the albums amazing for whatever reason they may have. Those are my reasons and criteria for what a masterpiece would be.

>the most celebrated modern ones are Kanye and Kendrik

lol yeah, by pop listeners you mean.

there's tons of underground shit that is celebrated and arguably better.

but even so I don't know how you could listen to MBDTF or TPAB and not see the value/artistry, even if you don't personally like it.

kanye hasn't been acclaimed since MBDTF, and the best kendrick doesnt get radio play

Actually music did peak in Ancient Greece.

you don't know that

There's some quite shitty lyrics on MBDTF though. And I'd like to say the same about TPAB but besides "THIS DICK AIN'T FREE" there isn't that much else.
The production of Kanye in general is pretty good but he can make some actually annoying stuff (I still don't understand what's up with Devil in a New Dress), and more than that Kanye isn't that good of a rapper. Kendrick on the other hand has a really good flow and though his lyrics are nothing I would call "Wow GOAT" they're good, but the production isn't that interesting and it doesn't sound that much like an unique sound but rather like stuff we already listened to but kinda better I guess.

Wrong. Music peaked when two cavemen banged rocks together to create rhythmic noises.

fucking scrub, music peaked when early mammals evolved mating calls

this dick aint free is hilarious though

Music peaked with the Field Recordings of the sound of the Universe when it was created.

Not as hilarious as the Hell of a Life if you ask me.

I dont care about specific lyrical lines. I dont listen to music for lyrics. I just mean generally there's an interesting storyline being told in the album that is just another perk to add along with the atmosphere of the album. I do take the rappers flow into closer value and to see how it mixes with the track and I think both do great in that aspect. Also, both were definitely new sounds. Obviously it's contemporary hip hop inspired, but nothing sounded consistently like either album before they were released other than maybe some stuff out of their own discography.

>MBDTF
>value/artistry
Pick one

Lets compare:
>Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE
Who dat nigga thinkin' that he frontin' on Man-Man? (Man-Man)
Get the fuck off my stage, I'm the Sandman (Sandman)
Get the fuck off my dick, that ain't right
I make a play fucking up your whole life
I'm so fuckin' sick and tired of the Photoshop
Show me somethin' natural like afro on Richard Pryor
Show me somethin' natural like ass with some stretch marks
Still will take you down right on your mama's couch in Polo socks
Ayy, this shit way too crazy, ayy, you do not amaze me, ayy
I blew cool from AC, ayy, Obama just paged me, ayy
I don't fabricate it, ayy, most of y'all be fakin', ayy
I stay modest 'bout it, ayy, she elaborate it, ayy
This that Grey Poupon, that Evian, that TED Talk, ayy
Watch my soul speak, you let the meds talk, ayy
If I kill a nigga, it won't be the alcohol, ayy
I'm the realest nigga after all
>Bob Dylan - Desolation Row
Cinderella, she seems so easy

“It takes one to know one,” she smiles

And puts her hands in her back pockets

Bette Davis style

And in comes Romeo, he’s moaning

“You Belong to Me I Believe”

And someone says, “You’re in the wrong place my friend

You better leave”

And the only sound that’s left

After the ambulances go

Is Cinderella sweeping up

On Desolation Row
Now the moon is almost hidden

The stars are beginning to hide

The fortune-telling lady

Has even taken all her things inside

All except for Cain and Abel

And the hunchback of Notre Dame

Everybody is making love

Or else expecting rain

And the Good Samaritan, he’s dressing

He’s getting ready for the show

He’s going to the carnival tonight

On Desolation Row

desu this makes me fucking depressed and I don't even fuck with classical music.

>acting like hip hop isn't this generations rock
I don't even like hip-ho. What do? ;(

that's why you find God user :) you can listen in heaven i'm fucking excited

>>Ancient Greece
>>"Music has been perfected, we will never move beyond lyres and simple percussion!"

I hope you're right about that. We'll have to wait and see

kill yourself cuck poster

This

>you will never see The Beatles rooftop concert

this but unironically

I still think Rock isn't real music desu.

I'm 98 btw

I'm a big Ty fan but masterpiece?? Don't think so.

Yes, because ryming words dertmine the quality of music, not the music.
You've made your case sir.

Ok I like Kendrick, but don't pretend like there's nothing deeper than rhymes in Dylan's music. His lyrics are often beautiful poetry, full of deep meaning. That verse was weak as shit on Kendrick's part.

No i agree, those are very deep lines and i prefer Dylan over Kendrick.
But
Subject matter of the lyrics are not the forefront of the music, how they preformed is.
You can have the worst lyrics ever but how you sing them and give them a certain style is what makes them good.
Bob Dylans lyrics feel much deeper as a result of his singing, otherwise they're just words on a page.

You can watch it, its not the same as being there but its close

Unless you think humanity is going end in the next hundred years I don't think so.

i know a station that is 90% kino, god tier, and indie...which is constantly playing new tracks. you will never find it

I disagree, there are plenty of good singers out there whose lyrics are total crap and no one cares about them. Saying something is more important than sounding good, at least it used to be.

KEXP

this