I was excited for them to make a strong, crazy, female lead even neckbeards could get behind, but what do I get...

I was excited for them to make a strong, crazy, female lead even neckbeards could get behind, but what do I get? NO PANTS, Boobs, her licking something of course, and all reliance on her looks, and none on her skills. Absolutely ridiculous how they handled Harley. They diluted DCs most complex female characterdown to jerk-off material. Is the DCEU doomed to fail now that everyone knows their movies will all suck ass?

HQ is a sex goddess.

Yeah, they took the whole sex-symbol thing a little too far for what I was hoping for. Appearances alone, there's really nothing 'Harley' looking about her apart from blind pig-tails.

>should have payed more homage to classic black/red checker pattern in costume design
>should have used her fucking hammer instead of a bat.
>maybe her pack of Hyenas for a short appearance or something

Her acting wasn't terrible though. Just shit design and writing.

>wahhh why do men find attractive women attractive

really makes you think

My problem is that they went full sexuality with Harley but I just don't find her attractive at all, leaving no character for me to like

did you guys actually see Suicide Squad, this is easily most detailed and nuanced Harley Quinn we've ever gotten in any form of media.

Robbie nailed every aspect of her character that was presented in the movie perfectly.

You know she was an existing and pretty well written character before she became an anti-hero right? But yeah unfortunately she's just not attractive at all

If Heath Ledger never died we wouldn't be seeing Harley in a movie. Ever. It's not a very deep character, and if you're looking for a stronk womyn this isn't exactly great foundation. Always getting fucked over and sold out, used as bait by the Joker and ALWAYS taking him back.

But I'd get behind her if you're smellin what I'm sellin.

Why is Harley Quinn suddenly this female empowerment figure? She literally exists for Joker to abuse. She worships him.

Poison Ivy and Cato men are way more empowered.

>none on her skills

What skills? She's a crazy ex-psychiatrist who gets abused by Joker and jumped in a vat of acid.

STOP LOOKING FOR GOOD CULTURAL MESSAGES IN POP MOVIES FAG

Because Poison Ivy has never been in a movie before.

I will state once more, no film was ever made that featured Poison Ivy.

She's more of just a badass crazy chick, the girlpower stuff is just a knee jerk reaction to separate her comic version from comic book Joker ASAP since he's a one dimensional mass murderer

you wouldn't sell little girls Manson Family Groupie dolls

Wrong way around, Poison Ivy was in Batman forever, Harley Quinn was never in a Batman movie

yeah he knows, he doesn't consider batman forever a movie so much as he considers it dogshit

You watched the same trailers I did. What were you expecting. This was always a style over substance summer flick

She was handled exactly how she is in the comics you shitboy

>I was excited for them to make a strong, crazy, female lead

No you weren't.

At least she wasn't a native american who's power was "ropes real good" and who died after half a minute and no relevance.

Girls love her though

I should specify I mean more for appearances sake. I agree, the acting was great. I loved Margot as Harley and hope to see more of her. I'm mostly just butthurt little fag about the style.

I'm down for a more 'alternative' version, I enjoy that sort of thing usually. I just wish they would have kept at least some aspect of the known source material for costume. I mean, out of context in a world where SS didn't exist, if you you saw a pic of this character, 'Harley Quinn' wouldn't be the first thing to come to mind. It's just minor annoyance for me that I hope is addressed in future projects. For fucks sake, at least give her the fucking hammer and I would be happy. This pic, I'm instantly like "O shit, it's Harley"

>Harley Quinn
>DCs most complex female character

>complex female character

fucking kek'd right there

>Why is Harley Quinn suddenly this female empowerment figure?

They're mainstreaming MK Ultra.

>Caring about a woman's abilities

kek, you're not a fag are ya son?

Dude bro were you expecting a deeply interesting female character in this kind of blockbuster?
I got what I came for, sexy and fun.
There ain't no complexe female characters in comics. murricah comics can't into interesting females.

Do you want to suck a dick so much?

That's not very ICE of you!

She was in Batman and Robin with Bane and Freeze you nigger.

But her skills are amazing, she can defeat evil demigods with just a baseball bat

I genuinely want to know why people are so upset about her pants.

Just finished it an hour ago. Went to the theaters with 0 expectations and was still disappointed.

Why is Deadshot disconnected from the entire tone of the movie? Why is Harley, as cringy as she was, the best in the entire film? They tried to be Marvel and failed miserably because the director or the editor knows nothing about comedic timing. The script was horrendous too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Snyder would have done a far better job. Goddamn you, DC. I gave you a chance and this is what you give me?

>jerk off material

If you like jerking off to 11-year-old boys, I suppose.

wait, what? people find that manfaced box attractive? wtf ahahahahaaha

t. Gayfag Dicksucker A. Sslick