Hey Sup Forums, what OS are you using, and if you're using windows 10 why haven't you swapped over to linux yet?

Hey Sup Forums, what OS are you using, and if you're using windows 10 why haven't you swapped over to linux yet?

>windows 7
Because i enjoy a graphical desktop and graphical installers. Also stupid shit like games.
>but reverse compliling the uplink into the html download byte by byte while compressing vga commands are so easy and intuitive to use

Windows 10 bc games
MacOS laptop because I'm a devolver
CentOS on all my servers because every other Linux distro is weak af except arch and fuck that

because I play video games yo.

my work machine is ubuntu with cinnamon 3

useing mint now i play my games and dont deal with beta windows bs any more fuck paying for anything windows tards can go get it free and have there virus

dul boot or maybe buy a new hard drive for linux it only needs about 8 gb's

Windows 10 IS spyware straight from the box, plus its easy to use wine or VMWare player to play your windows only games

OSX in my work laptop (software developer), Dual boot Ubuntu (cause I like a robust and supported desktop experience) and Windows 10 for whenever I wanna play a game not supported by my other 2 systems

fuck that, if I need to do work from my gaming machine which I don't, I'll just dust off my VM.

>Windows 7
Not the worst, atleast compared to Win10
>Because i enjoy a graphical desktop and graphical installers. Also stupid shit like games.
Linux is starting to support more games, mainly ubuntu/mint and you can setup a VM or Wine to play windows only games i.e overwatch.

I don't give a fuck. You're a fool if you think you aren't getting your data, habits, and other PII raped by someone.

Roll

Good lad, is your OSX machine a 'hackintosh' or a proper macbook?

I don't think I'm not somehow losing my data stolen. For god sake I'm on default android and I know they have spyware on default lul

Arch with KDE

I' play games that are on Steam.

>you can setup a VM in order to play windows games
Well if you hate performance then you can do that.

>CentOS on all my servers
My fucking nigga

Have you not seen comparisons on VMWare player to wine (which is, in some cases horrible)?

My nigga
>CentOS on all my servers

Fedora. Been using Linux as workstation OS for 15 years. I'm a neck beard sys admin type.

Nice, im currently on ubuntu with lxde.

I was using Manjaro until I got my Surface. Linux doesn't work at all on a touch screen.

I'm a neckbeard wannabe privacy fuck kek

*Manjaro i3

Think about it for a quick moment:
If you run a VM ware you run two OS'es. Not only that, but every single command will have to move through all linux layers into the vm ware through all windows layers to the hardware and back. That means you create a gigantic overhead of shit you technically don't even want. It can work, but it's much less efficient.

Doesn't ubuntu/unity work well with touch?

I switched to hackintosh about a year ago.

Tried going back to arch and windows. I can't. At best I can dual boot, but the comfort of macOS is non-replaceable once you get deep into it.

Heck there's nothing I could want from a Linux distro that this doesn't.

Except from better gaming performance?

Unity is getting phased out, and never really worked too great with touch to begin with. My biggest gripes with pretty much all Linux DEs on the Surface is that none of them have an even remotely usable on screen keyboard and, from my experience, DPI scaling is a pain in the ass. This is speaking mostly from my short trial with GNOME 3 though. (i3 + touch + HiDPI = joke)

I wouldn't use macOS if I wanted better gay men performance. I'd use Windows straight, as right now many linux games are still just windows games with wrappers. Maybe some day linux will be great, in 2024 or so.

There are more advanced virtualization technologies that allow guest os instructions to skip though most of the host os layers - drastically reducing overhead
The main problem is graphics card support imo

Mint 18 and SuperX 3

I know it was getting phased out, they announced that about two/three weeks ago, but other groups have also committed to forking and keeping up with it.

I had just never used a TS on linux and thought that since Unity was designed with TS in mind it might be usable.

I'd still be interested in getting my hands on a unity TS build...

The main thing is that Unity is not anymore the default system. It doesn't matter if third parties will take on the project, what matters is general Ubuntu workforce will stop contributing to a special snowflake system instead of collaborating with other work groups

Oh cool, the graphics card support might jump up as soon as the indians get more industrialized in the near future. I've read the mostly use linux and if we suddenly had most of them using linux i'm sure those drivers would be made by someone.

That is a good point. The main benefit of Ubuntu is that all software that Canonical backs gets significantly more attention by devs than anything else.

I bet that a lot of the devs who got laid off will join the groups who will continue to support unity though.

Im still using xp

arch -> desktop |server
guix -> laptop
opensuse -> work

> except arch and fuck that
why?
install is easy af these days; stabilty is ok for rolling release

try onboard

Two Linux threads with nearly identical thread topics
>Shills gtfo

I use KDE Neon. It's not bad but it's trying to be as shit as windows.
I'll switch back to Ubuntu Unity or GNOME soon because for some reason awesomenauts doesn't start on Neon, and GNOME environment is much better for people who aren't powerusers. It also looks much better than any other OS UI imo.

OP here, I didn't see another linux thread lul

>When you keep using a DE that hasn't been updated in centuries and has been disliked by ricer faggots and the company maintaining it decides to drop it and move on to a DE with worse performance

wang

Windows 10 because I'm not a faggot

Got a USB with Kali Linux on it for all my hacking needs

>hacking
>kali linux

Pfft. Fuck outta here script babby.

>Shills gtfo
How do you shill something that's free?

Bump for freedom

Main machine: MacOS (software dev and music composition) and Windows 10 (for fallout 3, visual studio, and SharePoint Designer).

Chromebook: chrome OS, chroot with xfce.

>visual studio
urgh

> USB with Kali Linux on it for all my hacking needs
> Kali Linux on it for all my hacking needs
> all my hacking needs
> my hacking needs
kek

>SharePoint Designer
you probably want to kys