Marijuana prices plummet, become Washingtons cash crop

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/04/the-price-of-legal-pot-is-collapsing/
What now conservakeks?
Afterall, it's what the founding fathers foretold

>hippies
>in charge of economics
saps

Duh. It grows like tomatoes. It's supposed to be like a dollar a gram, not 15-20

This. In Uruguay it's just that. Good top shelf weed doesn't go for much more than $2 a g

And the article goes further saying it's bound to be the equivalent as free shit like beer nuts at a bar. Free blunt with purchase of tendies

This is exactly what was supposed to happen, a massive crash of the prices will drive the beaner cartels out of buyers while simultaneously stimulating the local economy. Win-win.

Forefathers grew hemp and tobacco

Of course the price goes down when it's legal. The price when illegal had to take into account excess risk. It grows like you know a weed.

ya but they were white males

More competition = better prices.
What are we talking about here?

>tfw Indians thought tobacco was spiritual as shit and let them see their gods
>if only they put some dank kush in their pipes

I own a i502 producer/processor. Happy to answer questions

It's literally a fucking weed. A weed that will grow anywhere, under almost any conditions. And it grows fast as fuck. You could plant an acre and get 5 harvests in a single growing season.

If it was fully legalized there's no reason why it shouldn't sell for pennies on the ounce. Of course, the fancy strains of hydroponic weed will always sell at a premium. But a farmer could grow acres of weed, harvest the buds to sell as low-grade smoking marijuana, and then process the rest of the plant into hemp. It's so easy to grow it would literally be as cheap as dirt.

>Marijuana prices plummet, become Washingtons cash crop

If it plummets, is it really profitable?

Last I heard, about a year ago, Washington had literal tons of weed no on was buying

Send it over my way, I'll buy it.

But they sell tomatoes by the pound

Well some strains do, but some don't. There are incredible amounts of variation in growing requirements from strain to strain. A lot like different types of wine grape plants. Also, growing weed well is much much different than simply growing weed.

I also grow hydro so that's a whole other ball game.

Taxes alone are $15 or more

If it is so easy, I don't get why most don't grow their own.Though I heard shops only sell clones, no seeds.

can i do better than 130$ oz for tops? - been pushing for 90

I have cilantro, peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon growing 2-3 year old MiracleGro soil

HAHA leftists mad prohibition doesn't work, that's what you get.

Should say growing everything is weird.

Birds ate a lot of my seedlings

I would be surprised if you could get more than 3.50 a gram wholesale for hydro top colas. The regional markets do vary heavily though

>If it is so easy, I don't get why most don't grow their own
threats of arrest, or thievery from local kids/dindus

>rendering a black market legal makes the price of the good drop

Gee whiz, how stunning.

They've already switched over to heroin. Are you even paying attention?

Yeah outdoor is fickle, that's why I'm all hydro. Bugs and pests can't get past a HEPA filter usually

Good. Legalize heroin, cocaine, meth, and the like next.

And tomatoes are subsidized

>If it is so easy, I don't get why most don't grow their own.

The smell is really fucking strong. It's a pain in the ass unless you have a whole floor or separate building dedicated to it for just that reason imo.

The key is growing at scale. At most people has little grows in small greenhouses or their basements. When they transition to a 2k to 30k sq ft area, they don't understand the massive undertaking of growing well and at scale.

Also, producer/processor licenses are needed.

It was cheaper than that when I lived in Canada. Almost half the price.

Taxes are 37% at the retail level, and are usually factored in to the shelf price

State AND county licensed facility with 100% camera coverage

>weed likely going to be legal and normalized across the country within a decade, if not sooner
>public use will obviously go up
>every time I've tried getting high it's the most stressful, anxiety-ridden experience ever
>likely going to have to deal with friends and others in close physical proximity smoking weed
>going to be seen as a stick in the mud because I don't want to feel like I'm going to die every time I'm with friends
>mfw someone actually said "you seem stressed, you should smoke more"

I'm on board with legalization, but on an individual level I'm concerned for my sanity if secondhand exposure becomes a risk.

I mean for personal use. It is legal to grow your own in Washington, right?

I know California will have it on the ballot this November. Will legalize it and allow up to six plants.

>File: community_image_1426437592.jpg (100 KB, 549x549)
marijuana is a funny drug, it amplifies your feelings.
as in, if you are prone to feel good in social situations, it makes it all better.
but if you are more likely to get stressed and anxious, that's what weed will do.

try doing it alone on a nice walk on a beautiful day, might be better.

1. Don't be a faggot
2. Don't smoke too much, take like one or two small hits and you won't freak out

Nope, fucked by i502. Only medical can and medical is gone July 1st. There are talks of amendments but would require a rework of the law and not just a rule change.

You want an indica strain, then. The sativa strains can cause you to totally freak out, man, if you are anxious.

The indicas will have you melt into the couch and relax your muscles. I would recommend something with kush in the name. If it's legal, you'll have your choice. A lot of people have the same statements. You want lower THC, higher CBD

Unless you are hotboxing a small enclosed space like a car or closet you won't get second hand high. And unless you are predisposed to schizophrenia or other episodes you have nothing to fear. If you want to try it, just try a high CBD low THC strain. CBD is the medicinal part whilr THC is the psychoactive part. And even then, characteristics of the high can be changed just based on harvest date, as the plants ripen.

Lol same

>HAHA leftists mad prohibition doesn't work, that's what you get.
what? its the right that kept it illegal. stay stupid snow nigger

Indians on average smoke more opium combined with hashish than your whole nigger neighborhood smokes weed.

Why do you think they poo in loo, are dumb and unproductive?

Only good thing about Liberals in California.

Then again, it wasn't legalized last time it was on the ballot

I'm pretty much always stressed out to some degree, though. I have racing thoughts and paranoia when I'm sober, so whenever I tried to get high it was like an information overload in my head. My options were to just sit on the couch and stare straight ahead as my friends did their thing or if I was in my own apartment I would just fall asleep right away to get through it.

I was talking about our native american indians

>wants to build wall
>but nah keep letting the cartels ship weed over and don't legalize

He's talking redskin, not dothead, my descendant of Remus

They also have cocaine, heroin, and meth

Though with heroin selling for $10 a pack or whatever doesn't seem like they're making much

M8 if it gets legalized you will only deal with this shit for a month or two, everyone will get over it eventually

Yeah, THC heavy cannabis may not be for you. CBD is an entirely different thing though and it could help you out. It is the compound that is most effective in treating seizures, helping regulate nerve impulses.

So your argument is they should have cannabis and those as well? I see what you are saying, but they ARE feeling the pinch from legalization and medical movements.

you want low thc, high cbd. Visit a legal state and mention your thoughts and they will point you at a strain you will like

That they still have other ways to make money. Just saw a story that 7 tons were found.

I always heard Mexican weed is shit, from the way it's grown to packaged. There is still some how a demand

How much would you pay me for legit OG ghost cut seeds?

>Supply increases
>Cost decreases

What is this witchcraft I don't understand????????????

medical patients only pay typical sales tax currently.

My strain library is actually very well stocked, but thank you :)

All new producers have a 2 week windows to bring in outside product, so that's also closed lol

Correct!

Also I thought that strain was clone only?

some of them had peyote which gets you way higher then weed

The thing also is that they grew certain strains of weed that had a way higher nicotine content that gets you more fucked up. The kind of tobacco sold in most stores is the kind with less nicotine.

When you don't smoke it often and you just smoke a super-strong version of it on rare occasions I imagine you would get super-buzzed.

Mary Jane was their cornerstone cash crop however. Tons of people would buy their weed; not everyone is a dragon-chasing degenerate. They've lost a bunch of profit in the last two years.

My favorite thing in WA are the mints. Each one has 5mg of THC in it, along with ginseng and ginko. Combined with caffeine from coffee and nicotine from snus, the negative effect of THC on memory is effectively reduced - I find that it works wonders for allowing me to concentrate on otherwise 'banal' tasks with enough focus to not only overcome the slight hit to 'processing speed', as it were, but to actually excel insofar as I get things done more consistently.

Smoking weed, or taking more orally, is a totally different experience. Purely recreational or medical. At this level, however, it's almost a performance enhancer (insofar as that I give more of a shit about doing my 9-5 duties thoroughly and being polite to clients on the phone).

As this post demonstrates, however, it has the strange side effect of making my writing sound quite 'off'. Which is fine for when I'm doing hours of technical documentation, I suppose.

I'm actually serious. Do you know the "genius"? Guy that looks like chapelle and studied in amsterdam?

I love it, it's great.

Problem is all the bud is keefed now, it's rare to find a shop with some good crystals on their buds.

They put that shit into the tumbler.

>Trade your weed for my cheese and tulips America kun? desu~
:3

Heroin is easy to produce in massive amounts, addicts rarely buy single packs (10 at a time is the norm), and until they die or go to prison you're pretty much guaranteed customers will keep coming back multiple times a week. It's a massive cash crop that virtually sells itself.

Fucking degenerate

An ounce is still anywhere from $120 to $200 in Colorado

What the fuck? West coast WA here, headshops around here are anywhere from 45 to 70 bux for an ounce.

Microdosing drugs has been effecive for some people in getting on with their daily routine. If you're gonna bash them then you might as well bash everyone that drinks coffee to get through the day.

>Prior to CA and CO having legalization, weed was harder to come by and fetched top dollar
>Now, countless people are selling their crops on the side for extra cash and flood the market which causes price to drop drastically

Wow, who'd have guessed that it'd work out like this?

I wouldnt even waste your time trying to smoke unless you get something from the stress. Just dont become a str8 3dge fagboi

Casually counts money

I'll trade my life in rural New Hampshire for a bike riding life farming in rural Netherlands.

Now you know how us non-drinkers feel, cuckboy.

>You only had two drinks?
>Why dont you drink more bro
>haha chyeah brah I drink a 12 pack every day don't be a pussy

Yeah, like leftist Nixon and his war on drugs to fight hippies and blacks.

Are you conservacucks enjoying the endless war economy?

Home grown tobacco is incredibly strong. I can take 2 drags and be good

They swapped over to
>Heroin
>meth
>Other drugs
>Illegal Lumbering
>Human Trafficing

Cartels actually run a pretty diversified business. Too bad they all belong along the wall.

>Illegal Lumbering

unexpected

I cant wait until weed becomes legal everywhere.

Yeah yeah, it's degenerate, whatever, it's the only "drug" that doesnt make me feel like shit

>Don't believe all the shit about it tho

it CAN be addictive and if you smoke it every day you WILL become a fucking loser

Smoke it one weekends and holidays, you'll be fine. Best feel there is other than revenge and new pussy is getting a nice buzz on. Not baked, not stoned, a lil buzz is perfecto

Eh, I smoke every day when I'm back in syrup land. I still workout, game, chad, and hold a job.

It's only negative if you allow it to rule your life.

At this point caffeine and sugar may as well be narcotics, at least in America. I know some people that fiend for Pepsi like it's meth.

That's true. But it did make a pretty large dent in their revenues.

Caffeine is amuhzing on it's own, but it is hyper addictive...

Drug addict detected