Why do you hate suburbia, Sup Forums?

Why do you hate suburbia, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1QJ3hcLwHI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicles_in_the_United_States#Total_number_of_vehicles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Car dependency.

FPBP

Fpbp

confusing roads just make it a huge grid you retards

Brazilian urbanism is the mixture of both American and European models. It's kinda cool and suits our country kinda well

It's objectively stupid.

it's good if you want to expand quickly like most new world countries. But then you lose walking distances and need a car for everything

Fpbp

Sprawling is the best. I love walking and getting lost in my neighborhood. Ducks and bunny rabbits just walking around like they own the place. People fishing in lakes and ponds. People jogging with their doggos. It can't get any better than this.

It's boring, and since I have no friends anyway it's even worse

It's soulless and devoid of culture and community. It's designed around avoiding interacting with others. You have to get in a car to go anywhere, everyone is fenced off from each other and barely know any of their neighbors. It's about the exact opposite of the ideal urban form.

If you don't want to live in the city than just built small but closely built villages like in the old world. You don't need fucking cars for anything other than getting from rural areas into cities and vice versa. Cities themselves should be car free and be pedestrian scaled at all levels of infrastructure as much as possible. In places where pedestrianisation was implemented buisnesses saw increased profits, less pollution and noise, and overall increase in happiness.

In fact most of the association with "congested" feeling of cities is caused by the immense space taken up by cars, and the noise and fumes they create. It would free up tons of land something like 70% of land is Los Angeles is just dedicated to supporting automobile transit in some way.

What happens if i just go and open a convenience store inside a suburb

It's a shit version of a city and a shit version of a village. The late 19th century streetcar suburbia was superior.

I don't, I only hate the dirty races

>I only hate the dirty races
Then you would hate Toronto suburbs.

Much better than British suburbs

t. autistic fat fuck

Absolutely.

The unfortunate bit about the United States being such a young country is that a lot of urban planning took place after the advent of the automobile. Once the freeway system began connecting big cities and the coasts, municipalities started zoning with cars in mind rather than people. The result is that much of Middle America is defined by strip malls, asphalt deserts, and empty stretches of grass broken up by gas stations and massive grocery stores.

Although I love the convenience living in America affords, I hate how our culture places such an emphasis on the individual. Nothing better exemplifies the social emptiness of the United States than suburbia - small families and couples living apart from their neighbors, separated from the community by way of white picket fences.

I've grown in a small town in mid-Michigan. In the fifteen years I've been living here, not a single one of our neighbors has ever come to say "hello" or introduce themselves. Everybody keeps to themselves and minds their own business, which is a sharp contrast to what I've experienced when I lived overseas by myself for a few years.

How in the fuck did you post my city out of tens of thousands of other suburbs?

>204th street
>Walnut grove

I have literally lived about ~10 minutes driving away from this area for the past decade

pic related

Statistically suburbanites are fatter.

These are literally what we call "Townhomes" or "Duplexes". They're cheap, roomy, yet affordable 3 bedroom apartments for lower-middle class families who want the feel of the "American Dream" suburban life instituted post-WWII, yet cannot afford it, even in states with cheap housing like mine (Texas).

It's where immigrants and white-trash who just upgraded from their double-wide trailer reside just to sum it up. I lived in one when I moved out when I was 18. Never again.

They're the most common type of house in the UK, we don't have enough room ;_;

Don't live on a tiny island than.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>than

than

>Langley

Chilliwack here, nice to see other people from the area on Sup Forums

>tfw Australian suburbs are basically small urban centres right next to eachother
>tfw never too far away from shops
>tfw don't even need a car because there are train stations and buses everywhere
I'm very comfy where I am.

Decentralisation is a great idea imo.

>than

Never reply in accordance with my posts again. Fair warning.

>efficiency is "unfortunate"

Literally made us the superpower we are today.

And it will make us the superpower of the future with automated trucks, so long as we keep our infrastructure squeaky clean. And have access to some form of energy, whether it's oil or solar.

I recently moved to White Rock, but lived in Langley for the past decade.

Are you born and bred British Columbian?

There is nothing efficient about USA. USA is the epitome of inefficient. Suburbs are inefficient. SUVs are inefficient. Etc.

>Literally made us the superpower we are today.
No. USA can afford to be extremely inefficient.
youtube.com/watch?v=U1QJ3hcLwHI

>There is nothing efficient about USA.

The autobahn system is. There's a reason why it was the first thing we did after the war.

>USA is the epitome of inefficient.
Pic related, not really. Energy of course could be better, but we are literally the most efficient economy on the earth. And that is what superpower status is predicated upon.

>Suburbs are inefficient.
Not with the autobahn system linking it up. Don't know what shit roads you have up north, but that would be your fault.

>SUVs are inefficient.
Of course they are. It's also a strawman argument because no one drives SUV anymore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicles_in_the_United_States#Total_number_of_vehicles

>According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics for 2012, there were 254,639,386 registered vehicles. Of these, 183,171,882 were classified as "Light duty vehicle, short wheel base," while another 50,588,676 were listed as "Light duty vehicle, long wheel base." Another 8,190,286 were classified as vehicles with two axles and six or more tires and 2,469,094 were classified as "Truck, combination." There were 8,454,939 motorcycles also listed along with 764,509 buses.[4]

Light duty vehicle+long wheel base stands at 50 million, trucks are listed as 2.4 million, so that's at max 52 million inefficient cars out of... drumroll... 254 million. And that's being generous, as SUVs are a much smaller portion of long wheel base cars, but unfortunately the Bureau of Transportation doesn't report that subcategory.

Like I said, the USA's efficiency is dependent on improving/retaining our access to energy.

You do realize that you're not on Reddit right now, right?

because they totally use e-mail style quotes on reddit? you would know that, right?

I was referencing the extreme autism in response to an obvious troll.

An obvious troll wouldn't go out of his way to find a very specific Stratfor video on youtube for this topic

What's more likely is, he's retarded

Dunno m8, I just wouldn't have bothered; he's not going to break down and admit he's wrong, no matter what you toss out onto the screen.

Statistically the thinest people in the US live in the midwest away from major cities. Enjoy those drug dealers and city thugs Canada.

AMASAGA REGULAR
THE JESUS OF SUBURBIA

add bike pathes on the right and you're fixed

It's the same shit
Because it doesn't have comfy city stuff like trams and subway, beautiful buildings, events, etc. it's only good for old people

> Enjoy those drug dealers and city thugs Canada.

See
Canadian cities are inverted racially. Our social housing projects were small in comparison to the USA.

Also, Jews are thin, have low crime rates and live in THE city, aka Manhattan.

Burnaby reporting in