/box/ - I hate the Eucunts edition

>News
Eubank and ITV launch a new sitcom
Crawford gets chance to explore his cultural heritage for 90 days
Britain's status as undisputed paper champion of world boxing looks set to continue

Forthcoming:

>December 16
Shabranskyy vs Barrera

>December 17
Hopkins vs Smith Jr
Stiverne vs Povetkin
Singh vs Cheka

>December 23
Beterbiev vs Prieto

>December 30
Inoue vs Kono

>December 31
Fuentes vs Tanaka
Uchiyama vs Corrales

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LAeGAQq7_Vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for da King

2nd for the future heavyweight unifier

>Shabranskyy vs Barrera
>Beterbiev vs Prieto
>Fuentes vs Tanaka
>Singh vs Cheka

who the fuck cares? don't act like you actually care about these fights you idiot

Generally what I do is add the stuff that is going to be broadcast in English, and then anything worth watching that won't be on top of that. I could add a lot more to these lists with mega hipster latin stuff if I really wanted.

Doesn't help that this is a really weak period over Christmas, jack shit on at the minute really.

the king of suppressed homosexuality

>>Shabranskyy vs Barrera
>>Fuentes vs Tanaka

These are good match-ups you pleb

>BoxingScene.com has received confirmation that the Mexican mega-fight, between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (48-1-1, 34KOs) and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (49-2-1, 32KOs), is being discussed for May 6th at a catch-weight of 165-pounds.

>mega fight

lol, the state of boxing is not great boys

To be fair in Mexico this will be massive, the day after cinco de mayo too. Just a shame we aren't getting to see a fight which will actually be good.

fair enough my friend

I predict Haye knocks Bellew out.

Fact is there is no American heavyweights that could be the White Rhino

but he said he isn't a middleweight so why is he fighting at 165?

There are barely any American any weights who could beat anybody now that Mayweather is gone

>I'll never lose to a white boy

What did he mean by this?

Crawford is better p4p than any British fighter to be honest.

Frampton is better p4p

Frampton's best win is better than Crawford's, but I prefer Crawford's resume overall, and it feels like he's only just getting started. If Frampton can prove it wasn't a fluke and win the rematch I'd call it about even. Both fantastic though obviously.

He's the only one who comes close though for now though unfortunately. A few look like they have the potential to but are being held back from it for various reasons.

Incidentally, always feels weird to call it a resume. Literally the only time I ever hear anyone British use the word is for boxing, should call it a CV i guess.

big stiff idiot detected

>CV
resume sounds better tbf

I just say "record"

>Joe "one man klan" calzaghe

Joe "Pulling the Trigger on every Nigger" Slapzaghe

all big stiff idiots must perish at his hands

And I predict the sun will rise in the morning. What of it?

>Frampton's best win is better than Crawford's
exactly, so who you prefer is inconsequential.

as a guy who lived in Mexico for a while, I can tell you that they hardly give a shit about Cinco De Mayo. it's mostly mexicans in the states and white americans that made it a big thing

Andre"stopped the Froch" Ward
Terrence Crawford
Errol Spence looking to be a real problem at 147
Keith Thurman
Danny "Cherry" Garcia while fighting bums is probably the best welterweight

Mcgregor fighting someone who no one cares about.

Conor mcgregor vs a literal who = 1.6 million buys

The most anticipated boxing fight in years between two of the top boxers in the world

Kovalev vs ward = 160k buys.

When will you guys accept that boxing is dead and MMA has taken its place?

>The most anticipated boxing fight in years between two of the top boxers in the world
>Kovalev vs ward
hold it right there, cleetus

Shabransky and Beterbiev are already top LHW that might pick up belts, that is if Ward the scummy hypejob doesn't retire to avoid all defenses and rematch with Kovalev.
Instead of just watching the big fights you might want to learn a bit more about divisions outside the big names.

Brook is better and like the other guy said, Frampton.

Mayweather-Pacquiao did 4.6 million last year. Plus the UFC doesn't release PPV numbers, 1.6 is an estimate that's since been changed to 1.3. Could be lower because we don't really know.

Big-time PPV sales come from casual fan buys which come from crossover stars which boxing lacks at the moment. The UFC has already seen estimated drops below 160k in the last couple years when McGregor and Rousey weren't fighting, it's the same exact deal. Combat sports will never thrive like a league because they depend so heavily on a handful of big stars, but they'll never die either because you can make such absurd amounts of money at the top level.

Long live the King.
The eternal Anglo just doesn't want to see a proper Christian gyppo succeed.

How many ppvs did Chavez /Martinez do?

475k is what I heard although it was originally reported as being much higher.

Are there any fans of Jabimir clinchko on this board? Not a hardcore boxing fan (more of an mma and kickboxing guy) but I heard that Kilitschko has a very boring technical style that puts fans to sleep and contributed to the decline of boxing. Is this true or are his critics just casuals?

He was exciting as a prospect before getting his chin checked badly a decade ago, since then his style has been total aids in order to cover up his glass jaw. Until recently he's been in a weak era of heavyweights who haven't been able to break his rhythm and land good shots on him, so he was content enough to coast to unanimous decision victories.

Vitali however is a real fucking G

he's a good technical boxer that has a pretty weak chin. Boring defensive first fighter but he has a good right hand. Top 10 heavyweight ever for me, but can understand why casuals don't like him, won't be sad to see his era come to an end. Still think he beats Joshua even being an old man.

help me add to my list of spicy bangers lads.

not really high level, but frankie gavin vs sam eggington was pretty zesty

they don't have to be high level

as an Aussie you should check out Fenech-Nelson 1 and prepare to rage

just watched this fight. it certainly had it's moments but I don't think it compares to the others on that list.

will watch now.

pretty great fight, azumah seemed drained throughout though.

Trinidad-Vargas
Bowe-Golota II
Salido-Kokietgym
Duran-Barkley
Ward-Burton
Corrales-Casamayor I
Freitas-Barrios
Sithchatchawal-Monshipour
Arce-Hussein I
Holyfield-Cooper
Ali-Frazier I
Frazier-Ramos
Foreman-Lyle
Whitaker-(Roger) Mayweather
De la Hoya-Quartey
Cotto-Torres
Cotto-Judah
Barrera-McKinney
Barrera-Jones I
Klitschko-Lewis
Pacquiao-Marquez IV
Jackson-McCallum
Gatti-Rodriguez
Foreman-Holyfield
Marquez-Diaz I
Toney-Jirov
Katsidis-Earl
Vazquez-Gonzalez
Mancini-Frias
Sosa-Williams I

updated with Brewster vs Liakhovich and Nelson vs Fenech
>Trinidad-Vargas
>Salido-Kokietgym
>Klitschko-Lewis
>Pacquiao-Marquez IV
>Toney-Jirov
>Katsidis-Earl
>De la Hoya-Quartey
didn't think these were as good as people think they are but I'll give them another look

Salido-Kokietgym is fucking great. I could see some of the others maybe not being what you want if you're looking for non-stop action all the way through, but they're real good for high-level fights.

Also forgot to specify Katsidis-Earl I, the fight where the towel gets thrown back out again.

this fight should have happened a few years ago. canelo by ko

Shabranskyy vs Barrera is a pick fight between two top LHW contenders and could easily make or break each fighters career.

Shut the hell up.

pretty much this. ufc fags also ignore the fact that the ufc's tv ratings have been way down across the board. The at one time could hit numbers on spike tv that are narly impossible now on major network tv, lol. mma ppv is simply being propped up atm by conor and rousey.

>Katsidis-Earl
ok, I was completely wrong about this. even though Earl was out of his depth, he still gave a pretty good account of himself.

>Klitschko-Lewis
certainly wasn't wrong about this one, though. this was the goofiest shit I've ever seen in my life - it was like watching two baby deers trying to stand of a frozen lake.

what the fuck man, shabra is a guy with a 17-0 record, not even one 12 rounder, no title fights, not even a great amateur, why should I care? hipsters on /box/...

>Salido-Kokietgym
just re-watched and again don't feel that this was an amazing fight that everyone seems to tell me. besides the multiple knockdowns it's mostly salido landing combinations on a flat-footed, heavy-handed journeyman

Canelo by Chavez quitting on stool . Daddy Chavez disowns son for losing to a Mexican redhead and Chavez gains 50 pounds

i can see that happening

Exactly how complicated do things get at the highest level of boxing?

Cotto Margarito 1

complicated?

i know the "science" of it all like reach, angles, ringcraft, etc but i don't get when people talk about styles or game plans.

added Earl vs Katsidis and Duran vs Barkley, as well as weightclasses and titles.

I liked the Salido fight but to each his own. You oughta find a spot for the list online like the google sheet heem has for their spicy bangers list.

>google sheet
do I need to create a google account because if so fuck that shit.

I didn't know but apparently you do. Lame. I'll see if I can figure something else out in a bit.

Well when it comes to styles there are a few common ones.
i'll focus on 3.
BOXERS OR OUT FIGHTERS: These fighters tend to want to maintain a distance at all times, defensive minded. Focus on jabs and straights. Think, Ali, mayweather and larry holmes.
PRESSURE FIGHTERS: Always coming forward, cutting off the ring to prevent his opponents escape. like to fight in close and place a guy against the ropes. They throw with power and often focus on the body to wear down boxers. think, frazier, JC chavez or GGG.
BOXER-PUNCHERS: these tend to be balanced out between boxers and pressure fighter. Hence the name. They tend to box technically most of the time but can also turn agressive. They often seek the KO where as a boxer might just focus on a points win. Think De la hoya, Juan manuel marquez or marvin hagler.

what a load of shitty meme fights

What do you guys think about Hopkins' final fight. Smith gave a great 1st rd ko last fight, but even a 51 year old Hopkins will be levels above Fonfara. My guess is that he wins by decision

tough to say. hopkins is so damn old...

I hope he loses really, it proves nothing if he wins, might convince him to come back yet again, and if he loses he launches a new star who happens to be a really likeable guy.

The smart money says a Hopkins points win though.

Yeah I'm hoping Smith retires him. Ref stoppage at least. But bhop looks really motivated

I think Hopkins' old body will fail on him and he'll find some way to quit

I dunno, hopkins looked his age when he fought kovalev and he was 49.

No matter how much of an alien he thinks he is, his is going to 51 when he steps in the ring and for that reason I can't favour him.

I've come to believe that range is the most important aspect of a boxing match. Whoever forces the fight to take place at their best range, wins. And if the two boxers are both most comfortable at the same range, that's when we get a barn-burner

>its a both fighters are comfortable out of range episode

FuryvsKlitschko.avi

The UFC spends a lot of money on brand, so much so that literal who ppv's get 300k buys often, the idea is that people buy UFC events, not even especially Conor events, they're working out the combat sports problem of needing stars

What fights can BT or ITV make which are honestly PPV worthy?

Groves vs Chudinov is literally the only one for ITV probably. BT maybe has BJS vs GGG or Eubank and that is it. Canelo would never come here.

Rumours of Brook going to Warren at the minute, Warren has admitted they're in talks. Guess that's why Khan rumours are suddenly coming out of nowhere again, Eddie needs a big fight for him. Even if ITV and BT end up being shit they might well force Matchroom to be better in ways like that.

Yeah, Katsidis vs Earl is a fucking GOAT fight, has everything going on.

boxing needs to ditch the whole ppv model, or at least significantly curtail it. Only mega fights should even be considered, maybe 1 a year. Be much healthier for the sport imo

desu the UK ppv model seems much healthier, as they charge like 1/3rd the price and put on better cards.

in a perfect world average fights would go on free tv, good fights would go on premium cable and great fights would go on ppv. That way people would get paid accordingly.

UK model much better agreed, something like 19.99 for premium fights, over here it's $80 for HD feeds

Based. Was starting to think we wouldn't get this in English.

Agree with the Canadian, I'm perfectly happy to spend £16 on a Sky ppv most of the time sicne if I go to the pub I'll likely spend that anyway and it avoids fucking around with streams. If they were £50 I'd pretty much never buy them I think.

Brook would do good if he came to the states. He's already a champ and people recognize him from the ggg fight

If he beats Spence and Khan it's hard to see where he goes from there yeah. None of the people in the American welterweight scene will come over.

And we tend to get a whole evening of boxing for our money. The last Joshua card started at 5:30pm and finished after midnight. On regular cable you only get two to three hours

>brook is better

Lmao no

>mfw seeing all these big stiff idiots on YouTube claiming bum squad wilder and hype job aj would ko big tyse

Dorticos vs Kalenga
Thurman vs Porter
Lebedev vs Guillermo Jones youtube.com/watch?v=LAeGAQq7_Vg
(this is the only decent quality vid I've found of it)

Spence might have to go to UK. He's still a contender, no real name outside of real fans

Spence will I imagine yeah. Didn't phrase that very well. Meant that if/when Spence and Khan happens there's basically nothing left for him at welterweight here. Maybe Liam Smith at Light Middleweight I dunno.

This. Corrie Sanders put the fear of God into him and he receded into a style that I can best describe as TOTAL FAGGOT.

He should make the move up. 154 has a lot of talent, mostly American though.

>Italians
>white

There's nothing hipster about it. If we were talking about two c class fighters who will never realistically challenge for a world title then you'd have a point but that's not the case.

Both of these fighters could easily be world title holders in the future.

This is great news.

can't wait to stream it.