Ryzen 7 1700 or ryzen 5 1600x for gaming??

Ryzen 7 1700 or ryzen 5 1600x for gaming??

1600x if you're just gaming

Can you explain why?

You don't need the extra cores for only gaming. 6 is well enough for gaming and things like photo/video editing and even streaming. and the 1600x can overclock just as well to 4.0 and the most I have seen was 4.2 but good luck getting there.

you still here OP?

Yea

This helpful?

I hope I helped you pick the right CPU.

Thanks alot dude, i guess im going with 1600x, but still 1700 seems more future proof because of 2 more cores

Games won't start using 8 cores for a while. Most games no don't even really use more than 4 most of the time. Some games are starting to use more kinda. they more make use of any extras you have.

Just got a 1600x. Now, I'm not doing 4k or anything like that yet, but paired with a 1060 6gb, there's not a game out there that I can't run on ultra 1080 and rock 60 frames. Except Ark, but that game is broken as fuck

Great chip for the price, only bitch about the build is that ram is expensive as fuck right now.

ikr what the fuck is up with ram prices?

Mobile phone production using DDR4 chips. That's the fucking problem.

I shouldn't complain though, I paid for 16 gigs and got 32 so there's that at least.

Use the Intel iamachild7

>ryzen
>ever
itt: poorfags

There is something to be said for future-proofing.

Yes but I really don't think 8 cores will be useful in gaming for a long time. Video/photo editing and things like that yes. But he said he's going to be gaming.

8gigs of 2666mhz(pc ram) is like 80 bucks right now. it's crazy

I'm still here guys don't worry

I suppose if you're building a computer to basically be a giant PS4, then sure.

But, if most normal people are anything like me, they're going to do more than play fucking CSGO all day or something.

I built a 10 core Intel i7Extreme machine on the 2011-v3 platform because I wanted it to be able to do six or seven things at once without having a stroke, and be effectively future-proof for like 7 or 8 years.

I mean, I also spent nearly 5 grand on the rig... so... that might not be in everybody's realistic budget.

Source on pic op?

Ya got source opie?

that's not what this thread is about, get out!