youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

CATALOG
A
T
A
L
O
G

anyone else think that this generation growing up will see star wars as a "girl thing"?

Donnie Yen dies

Star Wars is "everyone thing"

At least its less cringy then the first trailer.

yep

>escape from new york in a galaxy far, far away.

female snake pliskin for the lols

This gives me a hunger games vibe. I don't think I will watch this one.

>Star Wars is "everyone thing"
Not really. The audience for Farce Awakens was 70% male. Most girls only pretend to like Star Wars for popularity points.

Who's playing Darth Vader?

Obviously.

He "knows the Force" so Vader is going to fuck him sideways and throw his corpse into the Death Star's main reactor.

theoretically I hate darth vader. Ever since he's be used in marketing, or taking him as the best dad in the galaxy angle, he makes me cringe. I hope Rouge One makes vader a complete fucking asshole, so much so little kids are afraid of him again and reforms a villain status in the public mind.

But Vader is dead? WTF Disney?

No, Star Wars nerds have always been mostly male. Women aren't into sci-fi or fantasy.

They won't. They aren't going to ruin "his brand" fuck Disney. Vader should be going around cutting motherfuckers in half and cutting down hundreds of men.

That is what I am saying. When I think of old star wars I think sweaty nerds. But if I grew up now and would be a kid/teenager growing up with TFA and Rogue One I think I would consider Star Wars a girl thing.

Hayden is back in the suit. James Earl Jones doing the voice.

>Walker turns its head like a wounded animal after being hit by a rocket

looks weird

>hayden
Bullshit, they've got some tall guys playing Vader

Hayden Christensen is tall. He's also doing some weird flashback shit for episode 8.

He's 6'1, Vader is 6'6. Is he wearing RDJ's stilts or something?

Spencer Wilding is playing Vader in Rogue One

As for VIII, I'm not against that happening. Would like to see Luke and Anakin on screen together, he was a ghost in VI after all.

Looks like a fan made YouTube movie tbph, a high budget one at that.

Height is malleable on film. The actual heights of actors are somewhat less relevant than how large or small can be made to appear.

Remember, John Rhys-Davies was the tallest actor in the Fellowship in LotR, and he played a dwarf.

>That city on the plateu
>The misty canyon setting
>The tank scene
This shit actually looks Star Wars as fuck. I dont care if its a good movie as long as its a good Star Wars movie. If its shit like the prequels Im hpyed as fuck. If its better even moreso. As long as its new and original I will look forward to it.

Lots of physical force on it from the explosion. Dont think it will be a one shot kill on it if the rocket launcher isnt some special weapon specifically designed to destroy AT-ATs.

Sup Forums is so predictable 90% of people here will spend the next few months trying to prove how """"patrician"""" they are by trying to pick apart any scene in this movie and revelling in any perceived short-comings. We get it, you are too cool for popcorn flicks, you hate modern action films and only love films everyone else hates.

I'm not even mad I'm just bored with the way it's the same thing for every upcoming blockbuster. If you hate it so much STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM. You should have discussions about your pure kino films instead.

If normies end up hating this Sup Forums will unironically call this the best SW movie ever made.

>all this multiculturalism
>only white men are bad guys
>female leader

I'll pirate it, thanks.

Why don't you follow your own advice and ignore these posts if you don't like them.
You are 100% exactly like the people you claim to hate.

This looks fucking amazing. Fuck all the idiot contrarians on this board that will literally find any excuse to hate this kino

show me the part where I said I hated anyone.

Worked on the movie, the final scene is in the trailer right before she is killed, she uploads the data to the rebellion on the terminal. BTW That Tie-Fighter doesn't kill her ;) Darths does right after she fucks it up.

>its like i never saw the OT.

>typical butthurt white male

>If you hate it so much STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM.
You defined discussing movies and criticizing them as hating them.
You criticized the other posters.

What makes your criticism of their posts different than their criticism of some movie?

FUCKING WHITE MALE! amirite berniebro?

Sup Forums has been largely positive about this trailer

Not if they make decent videogames again

It's a good trailer, but so many good trailers have shit movies attached. Then there are the reshoots, and it seems like any movie in the past couple years with extensive reshoots is a total disaster.
Certainly looks and feels like classic Star Wars though. They got the look right.

This generation (assuming we're speaking kids) mostly think of the cartoon (clone wars/rebels), and other than ashoka or whatever her name is, is mostly male.

I don't think they'll think it's a girl/boy whatever thing. That's more adults trying to force shit for people to think one way or the other.

fake

this

looks like something that would be worth seeing on the big screen. those effects were great. new but a seamless homage to the old at the same time.

mite b cool.

This. Boys love Clone Wars, which for all intents and purpose has a female protag. People hate on Disney for social justicing the franchise up but Lucas started it. And I've met just as many girls who like that show as boys, same with the prequels. Star Wars hasn't been a "guy thing" for a long time. Hell, Leia is essentially the third main character of A New Hope anyway.

Just wondering how do you guys feel about the Hunger games? Do you also consider those something for both genders?

No because they're typical YA shit

And do you not get that same vibe from this Rogue One movie?

How do you get that vibe from this Rogue One movie?

How do I set into motion a chain of events that will ultimately end up with my tongue being deep inside Felicity Jones' asshole?

i hated episode 7 the hole way through
but this looked ok

That's not going to happen as long as EA has sole rights.

>tfw KoTOR III will never happen

I do, same with tfa.

I don't, since most YA novels are aimed at teenage girls. Harry Potter is another example where I know waaaaaay more girls who are into that than guys. Hunger Games is more violent sure, but the love triangle shit and the themes are more aimed at girls. HP even with a male protag is still way more girl oriented.

Star Wars is a "Family" movie. It's something for the kids to love, and the adults to feel nostalgia for their childhoods. But it's not Twilight since there isn't an established teenage girl fanbase. Some might like it, but its more aimed at little girls and not 30 year old Womanchildren.

Wait there's clone troopers in this movie?

>*star wars music*
>THUMP DUMP THUMP THUMP
>*star wars music continues*
>THUMP THUMP
>*more star wars piano*
>THUMP DUMP

Holy shit. just fucking STOP already

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Young rebellious girl being super snarky and special as the main character.
Boring and inoffensive but hunky men around her.
Old man talking to her about how this is her time and the time of their generation to do something

To me this is Hunger Games/divergence with a star wars coat.

I never watched Hunger Games, so I could only make assumptions there.

This seems right in line with other Star Wars stuff, though, so I don't really know what you're getting at. Bunch of young people fighting against an evil establishment (unless we're talking prequels, which were sort of its own beast... that was much more kiddy)

>By 2018 there will be two Star Wars movies a year

Fucking Disney

That sounds like other Star Wars stuff. Replace "young rebellious girl" with "young rebeliouis boy from Tatooine"

Star Wars stories have always been relatively simple.

Source on that?

>'''''star wars''''' music

>space hamburger music starts playing

>forrest wittaker in a cgi suit
>blind asian kung fu master and a samurai
>not c3-po

NOPPEEEEE.

Luke wasn't rebellious. He had a fucking family. And if they hadn't been killed he would not have flown away with Ben Kenobi.

He asked about becoming a pilot or something and his uncle told him that he needed him this year and he complied.

Are we talking about the same movies here?

It is not about simplicity. It is about the characters and who they appeal to.
Did you even notice that the mechanic in that trailer and the captain were two different guys? They seem so bland. Because that is exactly how all the male characters are in these YA movies.

Reshoots are a hell of a thing

>Gerrera has also changed – literally – since we first saw him in the teaser trailer. In a photo released as part of an EW cover story in June, his shaved head and close-cropped beard has been replaced with a wildfire of hair.

>Some theorized that this was a alteration brought about during reshoots for the movie, but Whitaker says it’s a switch that happens within the story. Given the extra gray in his beard, maybe we’re seeing Saw at two different stages of his life.

In my star wars growing up the info on the death star vulnerability was procurred by bothan spies "many bothans died for this information" now its being retconned as some white bitch and her multicultural gang? Wtf

He was complaining the entire time, and felt he was meant for much more than just being a farm boy. He goes against his uncle's wishes to find crazy "Old Man who tell him that this is his time and they need to do something", there's an attractive princess he must rescue.

He wasn't the same brand as rebelious as this character seems to be, but he wasn't a completely compliant robot. He was the very model of the "coming of age adventurer".

You're really projecting here. It's really the same type of story as any other Star Wars story. You could say that Star Wars in general is "YA" going by your criteria, and you would certainly have an argument there. The point is that it's not really much different.

That was the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, you fool.

>first thing we see is a white women and a black guy
What do they mean by this?

I am saying I was dragged to the Hunger games movies and this looks exactly like them. Not just the character.
Everything around her too.

>He wasn't the same brand as rebelious as this character seems to be
This is exactly my point. There are many ways to write rebellious character.
But this girl falls exactly into the Katniss category.

I think we should be done here. I don't know how I could be projecting it since I am not female or special and I think you are just two posts from turning this into a political argument.

Just to make this clear. I have zero problems with female main characters. I am saying this to me seems like exactly the same flavour as hunger games and that is unappealing to me as a man.

Do you think there'll be anything they surprise us with in this movie?

Imagine if they hadn't told us about or shown us Darth Vader, and then the news that he's in it spreads via word of mouth after the movie's release...

I mean, I know he's a major selling point, but at least hold something back.

In current year you should never, ever watch anything after the teaser/first trailer if you actually want to enjoy a movie properly

Especially when you know for a fact you will be seeing that movie

This character has similarities to a character you don't like, so suddenly it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie.

It is the same god damn thing here. The characters fall into the same types of tropes we always see in this universe.

Yeah, I suppose there isn't much point in continuing. You're projecting your hate for some other random movie onto another because you assume that one character MIGHT be similar in some way.

>but at least hold something back.
Do you realize how stupid a complaint this is? You literally don't have any way of knowing what's being "held back" or not, because by fucking definition if they're holding it back you haven't heard about it yet. Fucking christ. You fucking faggots just want to whine and complain and cant even think for a fucking second before mashing your stupid fingers all over the place.

And everything around it.
Especially the other two guys.

You seem way too invested in it. I hope I am wrong.
This shit is why I hate arguing with fanboys.

Exactly

No, it feels like more like the X-Wing novels to me.

JUST

Looks great, I'm more excited based off this trailer than the first one.

>the new republic didn't have countermeasures in place for the event of their capital being destroyed even though the empire's trump card 30 years prior was a planet-destroying space station
>the first order somehow has enough influence and resources 30 years after the fact that they're not only still conquering but growing at an alarming pace

And enough with the fucking death star 2.0 already. Come up with something new

I'm not sure how "talking on Sup Forums which is about talking about movies and television" is being "overly invested", but okay.

There are two attractive males around her? Mark Hamill (pre-accident, which was first movie) and Harrison Ford were two very attractive men both lusting for the princess (before Lucas made her Luke's sister). It's that classic love triangle angle right in the first movie.

Again, Star Wars has never been above common tropes, or "YA" ideas.

This is between episode 3 and 4.

I didn't really feel anything.

I'm glad I dropped Star Wars. Just can't seem to care about it anymore.

Thanks Disney.

was meant for

Well, hush my mouth then. Saves me the trouble of having to watch it if nothing else.

Luke and Han had character.
Tell me about these new two. They seem kinda boring and bland.

Compare 2 characters that have been fleshed out between 4 movies and multiple books to 2 characters that have been in two trailers that are minutes long?

You're grasping now.

Well they clearly aren't important then. Which is my point.

seriously? you think you just made a point here?

I am saying they are exactly like the male characters in hunger games.

Your argument that we don't know much about them is proving that. Because the story is not about them. They are side dressing and maybe for some love triangle.

>...
Really nigga? Do we have to go full tumblr because I am arguing with a girl?

Except white males

Starwars always had females

Shit youre right. For some reason I thought leia said it in ANH.

Not a girl either, and your "point" is trash. We have no idea how important they are, you might be able to assume less importance for Han and Leia for the original movie based on its trailer.

You're projecting your feelings about Hunger Games onto this, for no honest good reason.

In any case, we seem to have killed this thread. So I guess that's that.

we don't know much about them because there's literally only been like 4 minutes of footage released from the movie.

but I didn't get that vibe at all from the few seconds of footage we got from poe and finn

Its a completely different thing. Finn couldn't have been a Hunger games male at all and Poe only looked like one. Just the few seconds of finn pulling of his stormtrooper helmet and looking through the desert had so much more character than both of the new ones combined.

Yes this is all speculation. I explained all the little things that lead me to this assumption. You are the one making an effort to misunderstand me.

man the reworks of OT themes in these 2 trailers so far are fucking better than the originals.

I like the change, he looks like an angry space hobo now instead of just another generic bald black guy with a gun.

Hey, I did preface my comment with "Do you think there'll be anything they surprise us with in this movie?"

I'm just saying, if they did, I've no idea what it could be considering they've already shown us Vader.

Maybeif they're willing to fork out the cash, a brief scene with a de-aged Princess Leia at the end of the movie courtesy of Lola VFX, since they've already done quite a bit of work on the Marvel movies:
>skinny Chris Evans in Captain America
>old Hayley Atwell in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>slightly less old Hayley Atwell, younger Martin Donovan, younger Michael Douglas in Ant-Man
>younger Robert Downey Junior in Captain America: Civil War