Europeans don't drink root beer

>Europeans don't drink root beer

Wait, what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdDfF4hXfj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I do drink root beer.

I've heard in Europe they hate it and nobody drinks it.

You aren't European

>Non-Brits don't drink Dandelion and Burdock

Savages.

Can't even buy it here.

Would try.

Americans tried to introduce root beer here but nobody liked it

Americans don't drink kvass.
wtf.

>Kvass is a traditional Slavic and Baltic fermented beverage commonly made from rye bread,[1] known in many Eastern European countries and especially in Russia as black bread. The colour of the bread used contributes to the colour of the resulting drink. It is classified as a non-alcoholic drink by Russian standards, as the alcohol content from fermentation is typically low (0.5–1.0%).[2][3] It may be flavoured with fruits such as strawberries and raisins, or with herbs such as mint.[4]
Sounds comfy

I would be we don't have any rye bread and therefore can't make it

Why would you? It just tastes like sarsaparilla only worse.

You can't even buy root beer here and sarsaparilla is also not popular here.

>people outside of the Balkans dont drink boza
Wait, what?

isn't that the city in Oblivion where you have to do that really annoyhing mission and kill fifty imps

That's Kvatch

Rye bread is lot rarer in the states, to be fair.

THE HERO OF KVASS

>Americans don't have rye bread

Is this a meme or are you guys serious?

every pub/bar I've worked in has had stock of both

Yes we are serious

I dunno I only eat white

what the fuck

where do you live?

Maybe we have it because we have so many Slavs here, but it's quite common to find in every supermarket.

jesus christ america....

Okay just checked and we definitely have rye bread around here I don't know what that guy was talking about.

Like I said though I only eat white.

You should eat whole or rye bread. It's better for toasts imo.

mm

You can literally find rye bread at any grocery store, I don't even know what you are talking about

me too, that looks delicious

I'd imagine they have shit for rye bread if this is how they treat it.

I actually tried to find it in my city but couldn't anywhere

Rye is here, at my local shops, there's only one company that makes it, but we have all kinds.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdDfF4hXfj4

i thought kvass was root beer

kek beat me to it

I made some Kwas recently and drank it yesterday, was nice and I got tipsy.

Nigga, what? Rye bread is fucking everywhere.
t. southerner

Yeah, we do, dunno why they're memeing that we don't. Oy vey.

you're not European you fucking lep

we have it here

>.4% alcohol
>beer
Never heard of it tbqh

I bought some kvass from a Russian deli and gave some to my friend's wife's son. He chased it with water and brushed his teeth afterwards. It's not bad, but it is different. Definitely different than beer and ale.

It's nothing like beer actually just strange naming.

I don't know why but it simply not sold here, even though it's really good drink

You're the first non american i know of that liked that drink.

don't even know what it is mate

Basically soda. Carbonated drink with sugar and sassafras flavoring.

>there are people who didn't drink root beer as a kid
I truly pity you.

1/4 cup sassafras root bark
1/4 cup winter green leaf
2 tablespoons sarsaparilla root
1 tablespoon licorice root
1 tablespoon ginger root
1 tablespoon dandelion root
1 tablespoon hops flowers
1 tablespoon birch bark
1 tablespoon wild cherry tree bark
1 teaspoon juniper berries
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup unrefined cane sugar
1/2 cup ginger bug, fresh whey or 1 packet kefir starter culture

Found this recipe. I don't know how authentic major store brand Root Beer is. Probably not at all.

>root beer
L0Lno fgt pls

We have Fentimans.

It's breddy gud

We can afford actual beer

I pretty much only eat local organic whole grain bread

I like it too. But it's really hard to find it here. And it's also expensive. You can but it at shake shack for~ 3.5$ a 0.33 bottle.

>non balkanites don't drink rakia
>turks go as far as to name their piss weak drink raki despite it being nothing like it
xaxa

But you are geographically asian

M8, slivovica is not rakija, no need to give Arab names to shit just because your mom got raped by a camel and gave birth to you.

Also, I0ve never had kvass before but I've had root beer. It sucked. But at least it's not named after the Slovenian word for yeast, so I can get behind that.

only niggers

we drink real beer here

I make it myself, learned it from Russians, it is delicious, and if you let it stand for a couple of days more (and add some extra sugar) you make "soldiers kvass" which can contain up to 7% alcohol.

It's where the term booze comes from. Basically kvass but made from wheat bread instead of rye. I made it once, it's not bad, but I prefer to ferment it a couple of days, tastes much better with the extra alcohol. (then again I have a bit of a drinking problem)

You should post a recipe.

>slivovica
>slivi
but rakia can be made from other things too

I've heard they don't use sassafras bark anymore, because the essential oil was found to be carcinogenic (and is used in manufacture of MDMA).

Sassafras only grows in the USA, that may be one of the reasons why it never got known here.

Anyway, if you call it beer it has to contain alcohol. Probably invented during prohibition or by the puritans

sorry I was so rude

I've never gone this far in Sup Forumsposting

got a tooth pulled bro, I'm cranky

Bulgarians are OK posters

ye, our blanket term for brandy is sadjevec, but just across the croatian border the name rakija begins to be used exclusively

CURIOSITY COLA IS GOAT

S'cool I never take banter seriously. It just slides off.

it's fucking disgusting. what is it even supposed to taste like? it smells like deep heat, an ointment you get here for muscle pain. I tried a few different ones in Canada, including a&w's. absolutely fucking disgusting stuff

You don't need bread for that, kvas is made of dough and yeast. There was also white kvas but it is gone since Stalin's wise politics.
Beer is alcoholic.

You can get it here if you know where to look. I love it.

At Christmas I also discovered that it mixes with whisky well.

1x 500g black rye bread (if you can't find Russian or Latvian style, use Bavarian pumpernickel bread)

slice it, and toast them in a bread toaster or in an oven (this is important, or you will make a mess).

Put toasted slices in pot, add 5 liter water, bring the water to boiling, turn off the heating and let sit for a couple of hours, I usually let it sit overnight.

Strain it into a large glass jar, and add 100 gr sugar, a handful of raisins, and a packet of dried yeast (+- 10 gr). Cover it with a towel and allow to ferment.

After a day you can pour it in bottles, cap and refrigerate.

For soldiers kwass, instead of bottling, add another 500 gr of sugar and let it ferment for at least 5 days. at that point I usually put then in bottles, and tie a kiddie balloon on top of each bottle to ferment for another 2 days. Best served cool.

Saved, thanks euro friend.

It's very rare here. I had a couple of bottles in Shake Shaq. Very unusual taste. And very sweet.

europeans really don't know shit about america

it's funny, I could see a dog being more worldly than they are

Hollywood spreads bullshit about your people and country 7/24/365 on our TV and in cinemas. We are not to blame.

lmao what a pussy, by the sound of it you only tried to big brand generic stuff too which isn't even strong, it's basically just sugar. you'd probably shit your pants if you had real root beer.

but yes, foreignshits often say it tastes like medicine.

I've had kvas in france, tasted too fruity for me.

it's disgusting to be honest

Instead we have malt beer.

I had A&E when I was in Canada. The taste reminded me of petrol.

>non-Finns don't drink tar

what the FUCK

all we have here is wine, cheap lager, cheap brandies and pálinka

We don't even have mead.

I drink root beer whenever i can. It's just really hard to find because all root beer you can find here is imported from the states so not a lot of stores sell it. They also cost around 2,50€ a can

>pálinka

I love that stuff, so does my friend who brought a bunch of it back from Hungary.

>Europeans don't like Dr. Pepper

GOAT root beer right here senpai

>tfw have some palinka at my local liquor store, but still haven't tried it yet

I've had this and it was interesting.

Do Italians really drink this or is it an American Italian thing?

shit
good stuff

IBC brah

good post

they're just plebs

I had two kinds of root beer in mexico, neither was carbonated.
one is made with vanilla, and has a little donkey on the bottle
the other one is made with sarsaparilla and is found from barrels in juice and old timey sandwich shops

You can still buy sassafras bark online. I think it's the oil you might have trouble purchasing. Ginger bug is fermented ginger root. It's not even measurable amounts of alcohol.

lots of people drink chinotto, I don't like it personally.

We do drink Chinotto, but I've never seen the brand in your pic.
Most common brand is the can on the right in picrelated

>outside of the Netherlands Heineken is a premium brand
>in the Netherlands it's just random tap piss

>>outside of the Netherlands Heineken is a premium brand

pffffffffffffhhaahahahHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAAH

>outside of the Netherlands Heineken is a premium brand

might be the other way around m88

>Dandelion and Burdock

Haven't had that in years m8.

>Heineken is a premium brand
"no"

Also how come when I went there you could only find cans like this? I thought the tiny Dutch beer thing was a meme.