Star Wars: Rogue One

>death star
>the force wills it
>vietnam in space

Another prequel, reusing the same shit from the movies. The death star (or some version of it) has been in Episodes II, III, IV, V, VI and VII. And now it is in Rogue One. I'm sick of the fucking sphere.

Apparently the force is now an omnipotent being with a 'will'. I'm sick of this religious propaganda being shoved down our throats and this repackaging of god as a palatable idea.

The beach invasion scenes are something taken from Thin Red Line or We Were Soldiers. Did the directors and producers want to make a Vietnam film but got Star Wars instead? They even added Asians.

>the odds of survival are...
>he means well
It's not the exact same line, but it is obviously a reference to C3PO. Can we have a Star Wars movie that isn't full of references to the other ones? How about some originality?

Now I'm going to be the asshole who 'doesn't like anything' when I don't like this piece of shit. The Force Awakens was garbage, and I have a feeling this will be, too.

Since this is a prequel to A New Hope, we know what's going to happen. So all the action scenes are for nothing because we know how it all ends.

They keep making shit after shit and we (the collective we) eat it all up and ask for seconds. They tell us fuck you and we pay for the privilege.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can't wait to see it. stay triggered :)

But we all knew these were going to be shit when Disney bought the rights, right?

>Can we have a Star Wars movie that isn't full of references to the other ones?

Literally EVERY movie after New Hope has been, even the best one Empire is just full of New Hope references.

>vietnam in space
you're retarded

I stopped reading your austismo rant when you said the Death Star appears in Empire Strikes Back.

where is the webm of her in the snow with the mittens

It's mentioned.

>The Force Awakens was garbage

Literally better than all 3 prequels and could easily be ranked as good as Return of the Jedi

But yeah, milking the feminine agenda two films in a row has apparently turned this franchise into a lame ass social justice statement, when before it was just a well thought out and entertaining universe.

But what should we expect? It's disney...

>

Holy fuck!
Exactly the same!

So is the Empire the white male patriarchy? The casting sure does make it appear so

>Apparently the force is now an omnipotent being with a 'will'.
Still better than Midichlorians.

>wow people getting out of an aircraft!
>no one ever did this but a pair of nam flicks!
>how unoriginal!

L oving
E very
L augh

A CHINK IN MY STEHR WEHRS??
HOW IS THIS ALLOWED???

>Force Awakens
>Better than the prequels
>Anywhere near ROTJ

Know how I know you're from Reddit?

Did you see TFA? Of course it is. Can't have a heroic white male in Star Wars anymore of course.

>vietnam in space
Pfff

I'm Sup Forums as FUCK, and I think the TFA hateboner is fucking overplayed.

>it ain't sheev starts playing

Literally every character is a minority. There's basically no white males except for the death star scene

>Literally better than all 3 prequels
>could easily be ranked as good as Return of the Jedi
Pick one.

sorry pal
I yet don't the inspiration

>using reddit meme to defend your shit taste
>star wars prequels hard to beat

Not that guy, but you'd have to be pretty retarded to not see the inspiration.

>6 movies with white male leads
>1 movie with a female lead and 1 with an ansamble cast

Wow, how awful.

White women are a minority now?

ROTJ is bad, everything besides the Luke vs Vader confrontation is like a 90s cartoon episode made for manchildren.
ROTJ is the ultimate pleb/fanboi detector where they think it's anywhere near the quality of ANH or ESB just because it isn't "a prequel"

tfa and this movie are literally about the colored people and the white feminist fighting evil white men

>ROTJ is the ultimate pleb/fanboi detector where they think it's anywhere near the quality of ANH or ESB just because it isn't "a prequel"

ROTJ is still better than Eps I, II and III, combined.

That's from Aliens though

>the collective we
Here's your (you).

Seriously though, who gives a fuck about Star Wars anymore? It's the most autistic and milked franchise in existence. Fuck Star Wars and fuck it's moron fans.

>Daisy Ridley
>Harrison Ford
>Carrie Fischer
>Oscar Isaac
>Mark Hamill
>Max Von Sydow

>colored people

And ofcourse the Empire is all white because of the obvious nazi symbolism, it would be stupid to put a mongolian as the general of the Empire.

in film they are

And I agree. ROTJ atleast has the Luke vs Vader scenes, while the prequels are just a big pile of shit.

>And ofcourse the Empire is all white because of the obvious nazi symbolism

there is no racism in the Empire so casting an all white Empire is only because that is what sells ''evil oppressive white society vs minorities and the oppressed xd''

They're not all white though.
There was the most dark skinned African looking dude present when the General Hux was giving his speech in TFA.

>Apparently the force is now an omnipotent being with a 'will'. I'm sick of this religious propaganda being shoved down our throats and this repackaging of god as a palatable idea.
Thanks for the giggle, user.

Pickin' both, you hack

The camera work alone did TFA justice compared to the prequels, plus the attempt to capture the Star Wars universe in the current state of cinema didn't fall short in the slightest, the bar was raised if anything. Especially when you consider how hard the prequels failed at just about everything in it's attempt to bring the franchise up to date. Also Rey was legit and could have passed as a female lead outside of the feminine era.

>Apparently the force is now an omnipotent being with a 'will'

And the main character keeps making fun of the 'force'

ROTJ is half of a brilliant movie and half of an absolutely awful movie thrown into a blender. Which makes it exactly the same as I and III.

II is more like 3/4ths of an awful movie and 1/4 of a movie that could have been better than TESB.

VII is a soulless husk of corporate filmmaking, wearing the Star Wars iconography in much the same way that the space cockroach wore Vincent D'Onofrio's skin. The story sucks as hard if not harder than anything in the prequels, and it has none of George Lucas' autistic sense of world building or attention to detail.

The only true ranking is:
V>IV>>>>I=III=VI>II>>>>>>VII

>V>IV>>>>I=III=VI>II>>>>>>VII

>IV not the best
>I better than VI
wew

You might hate everything about VII, but ranking it below II is fucking silly

>wasting quads on a fucking retard's post

Shame

No. It's about the fact we will never have a white male lead in anything Star Wars that isn't a prequel ever again. Even less of a chance of two white men bro'ing it up like Luke and Han.

Apart from the plans being mentioned, the death star really isn't in 2 or 3

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

mah nigga

>Even less of a chance of two white men bro'ing it up like Luke and Han.

Or seeing another slave Leia.

In the opening crawl, referencing what has happened since the Death Star was destroyed doesn't count.

>the Zelda effect is real

Never would I expect to come see people praising TFA

I'm bored, here's your

(you)

>only white male who speaks in the trailer mentions shackling people
>evil white male nazi empire shown

it's like they aren't trying to hide it anymore

That was painful to watch.

Yeah, y'know apart from that scene with them looking at its construction in III

>VII is a soulless husk of corporate filmmaking
It was only marketed as such, the film itself was fine. Also the stories of the prequels read like stories out of pre school, you knew what was coming 45 minutes before anything ever happened.

Do we even know who Rey belongs to?

Oscar Isaac is latin american, hence he is a colored person.

Kek'd hard.

Not one scene comes even close to the "brilliant half" of ROTJ. The prequels don't even have a half, they are more like 1 tenth okay, and the rest is undigestable utter dogshit.
TFA is just okay throughout, atleast it works as a movie, while the prequels fail at every film making element possible (especially epII).
They only get a pass at world building, but that isn't so hard to do in 3 fucking movies is it

A hologram in II is shown, and literally the Death Star itself being built is in III. No mention of it in V, though.

I is the same as VI. There are some fucking incredible sequences, and there are some fucking god-awful ones too.

I just ranked the equal ones in numerical order to satisfy my autism.

>IV>V
I'm tired of this juvenile meme opinion

only complete nostalgia fags think that

Reminder that Disney own Marvel and Star Wars

The Kamino battle, the asteroid field chase, and the sequence when Anakin goes off to find his mother and ends up slaughtering the tusken raiders are unironically better Star Wars than any part of TFA.

And I fucking hate attack of the clones and find it painful to sit through.

I, for one, welcome our new feminist overlords.

No mention of the absolutely BLATANT use of Zatoichi in the new Star Wars Rogue One movie??

That's where my rage is entirely focused.

>Literally better than all 3 prequels
So was my last bowel movement, this means nothing.

tell me someone else noticed this

Right, but having a glance at a hologram or showing it being built isn't the same as repeating the plot device, like VI and VII did

Do you not understand why people complain about having a second/third/whatever Death Star ? It's because the movie ends up following the same fucking plot, in neither 2 or 3 was that the case.

>Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone who runs, is a stormtrooper. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined stormtrooper! You guys oughta do a movie about me sometime!

Like that really matters

And the RACIST use of an Asian actor to portray the character. WTF were they thinking????

holy shit, this

>anakins terrible abrupt transition into an emo
>that awful cgi war and green screen acting
>astroid field chase

you are triggering me on purpose, arent you

>getting triggered at a scene in a trailer

There's no context to that beach scene though. Do you want them to spoil the whole movie?

>white commander
>several white commandos
Literally no white males eh?

I think the worst thing is they shoehorn a women into a male role, giving her male "testosterone" characteristics, competitiveness, aggression, death-defiance, etc. It's why Daisy seems like, at best, a masculine tomboy during TFA, she fucking has a warface on half the film.

Build a woman character worth her salt, if she's a badass she best be storied cut out to be that.

>no racism

There's literally racism where the Empire discriminates against other races.

I hate this too. Why not make a woman a woman and have her experience battles a bit differently from a man? It's really tired to see the same stereotypical female in a male role. Make it a female in a female role.

this

the prequels were fun to watch because every scene was like a painting. Sure, the main subject of the painting is fun to watch but you could get lost in every frame with all the imagination he puts into the movie.
>rebreather devices for jedi
>bottomless pits
>water planet
>slum that looks fun and not iraqi

Sure, the dialogue was shit but it was fun to watch. The surest way to tell that TFA sucked is that you could largely remake it as a movie about the US military.

It's just because it's more marketable, it's not an artistic decision, it's a financial semi-political decision

Numales and teenage girls lap that shit up. Convincing women to go to the cinema is their primary goal.

There are more singles than ever before, so it's no longer the case that girls go to the cinema with their boyfriends as often

He said white male, not white people. Yes there is a white female lead. There was also a white female commander. But as I pointed out earlier, the only white male who speaks in the trailer talks about shackling people. The rest of the males are non-white, until you get to the evil white nazi empire. Literally every white man is an oppressor. I don't know how much guilt I have left

Because the movie is written by men who don't know what it's like to be a woman.

They may think they're fighting the patriarchy, but they're actually just going along with it.

Look at lesbian couples for example, there's usually a girly girl one and then there's the one that has a buzz cut, dresses like a guy, talks like a guy, behaves like a guy, basically a dude with a vagina.

>Hey, let's just copy paste a few scenes from Apocalypse Now! People thought Man of Steel was deep when it did that too!

Camera work isn't good because it's iconic. It becomes iconic because it is good.
Any halfway decent shot out of Force Awakens could be tied to another movie from where it's lifted. It did nothing. The most original concept in the movie was changing C-3PO's arm to Red, and even that will probably end in something retarded like Kylo cutting his hand off near the ending of Episode IX, only to see it's flesh and blood inside and reflecting on "something" because god only knows what the point of that scene was in Return of the Jedi, right? We just need to copy it and give it a different spin with 0 depth. That'll work!

>races
You mean species?

Anyone not like lead? She's emotionless as fuck, and not in a good way

There was a white male commander you dope. Mon Mothma was another commander. Also several white male commandos

You're a whore.

Meh. After TFA my expectations are so low, I might actually like it, but I can't be arsed to give a shit right now.

I kinda wished for a more nuanced look at the civil war, but it seems we're sticking to the rebels good - empire bad.

At least the got rid of the IRebel line.
Too bad for Donnie Yen.

Not to mention we went from a literal Mary Sue character to a laughable "bad girl"

Like seriously does anyone really buy this shit that the lead is a criminal? She acts more like a bitchy high school teacher whose life went nowhere

>"there is a 96.6% chance of failure"

EPIC

Where. I saw mexicans and middle eastern people. Perhaps you are confusing them

>The death star (or some version of it) has been in Episodes II, III, IV, V, VI
>Episode V
Maybe it was too long since I watched them, but I'm fairly certain Episode V has no mention of the Death Star aside from the opening crawl.
Is that what you meant OP, or am I forgetting something obvious?