Batman: The Killing Joke

Thoughts on this film?

>film

epic korean "anime"

it was bad
but so was the comic so who's surprised really

Don't stick your dick in Batchicks.

So much potential. Ended up being a massive turd.

And I'm not even mad about the garbage animation work.

better and more consistant than Suicide Squad

Weak source material, and that unfortunately transferred over to the movie. The first 30 minutes are filler, and then the pointless Joker backstory only added to the frustration I had watching this movie.

There is far better animated batman movies out there. The Dark Knight Returns is much better and is broken up into two parts, well worth the watch.

I rate this one: skip it

it was a terrible

Awful

The first half was just Sex & the city featuring Batgirl, completely irrational and dull and at a complete disjoint with the rest off the film.

The second half was just a frame-by-frame copy of the comic with a shitty bland animation style.

I mean, OK, a lot of people are mad that they had Batgirl and Batman having surprise sex on a rooftop, and I can see why, it's a bizarre turn in their dynamic. But I could live with it if it went somewhere. Once the Barb stuff is dealt with and packed away the rest of the film just rolls out exactly as it did in the comics, everything that happened in the first section had no relevance whatsoever to Batman's actions in the second. The narrative is dildos.

Very-very cheap.

I feel like the Joker's plan was to fuck with Batman, by going through his friend (Gordon and his family.) If that's the case, then I think they left out a line about Babs being pregnant with Batman's baby when she was shot.
The addition of the sex scene was awkward and out of place. Then, notice where the Joker puts his gun. Right below Barbara's belt. He essentially shot her through the uterus. This also implies that the Joker found out she was pregnant, but didn't make the Bat-connecton. If Joker wanted to push Bats over the line, like he's done many times before, shooting a pregnant girl in the babymaker might do it, even without knowing that it's a Bat-Baby. But the audience knows, which makes Batman that much more noble for not killing Mr. J. It makes Batman's One Bad Day even worse, so when he comes out of it clean, it's a bigger victory. That knowledge would also aid in torturing Gordon.
Slanting the story this way would almost justify the random added fuck scene, but I can easily see how it was too controversial and was cut late in the process.

>Overall: 6/10
>First 30 minutes - Batgirl shit - 2/10
>Actual Killing Joke Stuff - 8/10

Shit tier animation dragged the whole thing down and the first 30 minutes is just pointless.

Give me a cut with better animation and the first 30 minutes removed and its a 10/10

How DC fucked this up is beyond me

Nah, this post is all stupid.

I liked it. The Joker backstory was great

it's a meme "movie" favored by reddit

Also the dead peoples smiling faces were very spooky

You tell me how the Sex Scene was justified and ties into the rest of the plot, except for making Babs into a schoolgirl with a crush. Adding a line about "We couldn't save the baby" before Batman leaves the hospital would have put him in a murderous rage that he had to overcome. There are definitely gaps in the dialogue of the Batman visiting scene where that line could have been cut out.

>You tell me how the Sex Scene was justified and ties into the rest of the plot
Joker nearly kills batgirl for fuck sake. Gives more meaning to Batman killing him since he loved her

You hit the nail on the head as it were

The ending was awful. Is that what happened in the comics?As Rich says, comics are for 4 year olds

Batman didnt kill him though

The ending is spooky

it makes it seem like batman has a mental illness and needs joker alive and joker won't kill the batman ever

It was good. I'm a long time lover of Batman and of Batman The Animated Series. This was like a longer, but higher quality version of one of those episodes. I much prefer this version of the Joker to any of the cinematic ones. That ending, too. He finally made someone laugh. :)

Good movie and a solid Batman flick.

but he never worries about her that much, he spents more time worried about dad gordon, also, wasn't what happened to batgirl part of the commisoner's mental breakdown process? not batman's.

Art couldn't hold a candle to the original. Animation wasn't great. Missed the FUCK out of the point with the transitory panels that were some of the best parts of the original. Changes never enhanced it. Some lines came off differently from how I imagined they should have been said. Hamill was good. They at least left the ending somewhat open to Batman killing Joker.

The opening story also tries to imply like Barbara is some central key character to The Killing Joke when she really isn't at all. They just wanted to get their shitty agenda across with her, I did enjoy the bad guy in that story though.

This was actually a rare mistake on the Joker's part. He shot Barbara to torture Gordon. He didn't know that she was Batgirl. He did know that Barbara was Batman's friend's daughter, so he shot her (no rhyme intended.) But adding the secret romance dynamic changed Batman's story in this. Now he had even more of a personal stake, not only in saving Gordon, but in possibly avenging his wounded lover. They really tried making this into a "Joker fucks with Batman until Batman snaps and kills him, so the Joker wins" story.

People constantly talk about how amazing the comic is so I read it. It was really mediocre, and they did a great job of translating that to the movie.

it was allright

I've actually managed to cut this film down to 36 minutes, along with some other score/transition changes.

Runs a lot better imo.

>The first half was just Sex & the city featuring Batgirl, completely irrational and dull and at a complete disjoint with the rest off the film.
Depicts realistically the emotional level of a female superhero

>The second half was just a frame-by-frame copy of the comic with a shitty bland animation style.

agree

>I mean, OK, a lot of people are mad that they had Batgirl and Batman having surprise sex on a rooftop, and I can see why, it's a bizarre turn in their dynamic. But I could live with it if it went somewhere. Once the Barb stuff is dealt with and packed away the rest of the film just rolls out exactly as it did in the comics, everything that happened in the first section had no relevance whatsoever to Batman's actions in the second. The narrative is dildos.
Implied that Joker raped Batgirl and Batman has feelings for her. Yet he didn't go berserk after the Joker and arrested him

It was ok, pretty much what I expected. Not like they would really change much from the comic. Except Batman getting some ass. Now that shit was funny.